Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2001 9:29:53 PM EDT
When I was a kid, not that long ago, things like cell phones and the internet were just dreams, now I can't live without them.

What is the next thing that we aren't going to be able live without?

Besides "It".

Any of you on the cutting edge?
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Electricity??? Im going solar (PV) and wind - who knows. I might end up grid free - a little off topic I know but you got me thinking about how nice its gonna be to be free of PG&E [flag]
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Electricity??? Im going solar (PV) and wind - who knows. I might end up grid free - a little off topic I know but you got me thinking about how nice its gonna be to be free of PG&E [flag]
View Quote

Do you know anything about the new CA tax credit for up to 40% of the cost of a solar system? Gray Davis threw a ton of my tax money at the electricity problem, and I want it back!
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to install solar plumbing back in the late 70's and early 80's.
Kalifornication was paying about 2/3's of the cost of a solar system back then, plus you also got tax credits. I think that program ended in the late 80's though. I was out of the plumbing biz by then, but I had a friend who took it in the shorts when Kalifornication pulled out. He was manufacturing solar panels and doing the install work for water heating and for radiant heating.
When Kalifornication pulled out no one wanted to spend their money on those systems. Natural gas was way cheaper even with the tax credits and the coverage of the installation.
If you ever go to Leo Cabrillo State Beach in Kalifornication check out the restroom and the showers. Those are some of the installations I did in the early 80's.

Link Posted: 4/15/2001 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Three words.....[b]Hydrogen Fuel Cells[/b]  Remember, I said it first.  On this thread anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Uh yeah MadM - youhave discovered my alterior motive - Im gonna get a bunch of my tax dollars back no matter what it costs me. The rebates and incentives will cover about half the cost of the system, and energy efficient appliannces have better rebates than ever too. Im building a house so this all makes sense for me now. Im also out in the stick and power goes out every other time it snows. So a battery back up Solar and Wind system is it. Also be running the meter backwards as much as possible so those rotten bastards will be paying me!
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I used to install solar plumbing back in the late 70's and early 80's.
Kalifornication was paying about 2/3's of the cost of a solar system back then, plus you also got tax credits. I think that program ended in the late 80's though. I was out of the plumbing biz by then, but I had a friend who took it in the shorts when Kalifornication pulled out. He was manufacturing solar panels and doing the install work for water heating and for radiant heating.
When Kalifornication pulled out no one wanted to spend their money on those systems. Natural gas was way cheaper even with the tax credits and the coverage of the installation.
If you ever go to Leo Cabrillo State Beach in Kalifornication check out the restroom and the showers. Those are some of the installations I did in the early 80's.

View Quote

This a new (proposed?) tax credit for solar electric systems, with this plus existing programs, the per Kwh of solar would be comparable to buying it from The Peoples Power Co. of PRK.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 3:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Television.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]
White Castles. I am sure if the government ever does a study on these things they will be banned.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
For me, cant live without AR15.com!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Damnit! You want to know what I am going to die from a lack of?

P _ _ N T _ N G

Do you need to buy a vowel????

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:

P _ _ N T _ N G

View Quote

Painting???

You gonna die from not painting???

I hate painting. You can come over and paint my new garage, if it'll help ya make it thru.

[;)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]

P _ _ N T _ N G

View Quote

[sex]   [sex]   [sex]  

[sex]   [sex]   [sex]   [sex]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, What ever happened to "IT"?

Shouldn't we know what IT is now and shouldn't we be using IT all the time?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
A roof over me head!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#18]
A 300 Winchester Short Magnum upper for my AR10 for me.

A Remington 700 in .308 for my son in an Accuracy International stock.

And my already purchased but not yet arrived custom 10/22’s.

THISISME
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
My right hand... [smoke]

j/k...maybe hehe
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
My guns.

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#22]
You all are too materialistic. I am just looking for companionship.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#23]
My rifle. I can get by, if I have to, without a nice car, nice house, Cable TV, etc. but I WILL NOT be without a rifle, either an AR15, or an M1A.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#24]
WWoodworth was right, I was wondering about what tech advance that is unbelievable now will be common place in the future.  Like the fuel cells and stuff.  I was hoping for flying cars or a holodeck.

We all can't live without our guns, or at least live well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Power from rocks.

Major break using the natural Piezo effect of certain crystaline minerals will provide power of several types.

Some of this is sort of the basis of the electronics gig in that "Sputtering" techniques are what makes our rapid development in IC technologies.

MOCVD [url]http://www.compoundsemi.com/news/newshome.html[/url]

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#26]
[url]www.realdoll.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top