Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2002 8:44:57 AM EDT
Well, I have doubts that Ohio will get a DECENT CCW this year.  The senate passed a bunch of "feel good" amendments and have really bastardized the original bill.  

Have a look [url]www.ohioccw.org[/url]

you can watch the drama unfold @ 1:30 pm EST at
[url]http://www.oll.state.oh.us/[/url]

the vote will happen today.  I  guess the Ohio supreme court is the only thing left.

[V]

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have my doubts also. It started off as a good bill. Now who knows whats gonna happen[:\]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
well at least it's a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
We're a hell of a lot closer now with the FOP signing on than we were before. Taft said he would not sign it without the support of the FOP and that obstacle is now out of the way. Keep calling and writing your Senators and Congresscritters and tell them to get this done. The more pressure we put on them the sooner this gets done(WHICH CAN'T BE SOON ENOUGH!).
Finnbear out
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I watched the Ohio Senate broadcast on the internet. It started at 1:30pm, but it took till 4:00pm till this CCW discussion started. From 4:00pm till 5:20pm there were certain Liberals making totally idiotic reason why not to pass this bill.

The Good news is that the bill passed almost 2 to 1. Lets see what happens from here [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
WooHoo!  One step closer!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The same song and dance went down in Michigan during the lame duck session two years ago.  My bet is since they gave the Ohio Gov everything he wanted that he will sign it.  

I wonder how long it will be before GOA comes out and says it will be better for people Ohio to go unarmed than to have such a terrible law passed.  They did it in Michigan under the exact same situation.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
but the restrictions are awful! no carrying in the car WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!  Lock up your security anyone.  But, it is one step closer.  They better damn well accept Georgia's CCW.
I guess I will just ride my bike everywhere I go [;D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, unless Georgia has 12 hrs. training plus
a written test, no. One of the problems with
this stinky bill. Who else has that?

And with all the appeasement to the FOP & the Highway fraidy cats, Taft still will not sign. They want you to load and unload your gun every time you get in and out of your vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
this bill gets more ridiculous by the minute. i thought the point of a ccw was to keep it out of sight. but if they get their way we will have to show our weapon to everyone around our car every time we get in or out.

[whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top