Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2002 8:06:45 PM EDT
Trent Lott commented that, "I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all [red]these problems[/red] over all these years, either."

Since then, Al Whore has said, "Lott's remarks were "divisive" and fit the "definition of a racist comment."

Jesse "The bastardizer" Jackson said that Lott should resign, which implies that he believes the comment was racist.

From those statements, I think it can be implied that they believe blacks are a problem these days, which is why these two asshole liberals made such a racist issue out of it, while in fact, it was while honoring a publicly elected official who currently holds the record for longest time in senate. (But I guess that means the people are racist too, RIGHT?)  

Personally, I think it amusing that the first "problem" that came to their minds was black people.  Am I overanalyzing this whole thing or what?  It just seems that when honoring a man's achievements, its ok to pour it on a little thick.  What he stands for now in morals and decency (what are those again?), means more now than when 50 years ago he ran a different (and acceptable at the time) agenda.

Full Story:
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/09/lott.comment/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a Hell of a lot of blacks in South Carolina.  If they thought Thurmond was so racist they should have gotten off their asses and voted him out.  The truth is, he stayed a Senator for SOOO long because he pork-bellied a whole shitload of military bases into SC.  He's like the Republican version of Byrd.

Lott's a great guy.  Both Jackson and Algore are shitbirds who are like the cockroaches you've been stomping for the last five minutes who don't realize they are fucking dead.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I will never allow race hustlers like Gorp and JJ define racism for me, and the only voters that care about such issues already reside at Camp Loser.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top