Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2002 9:43:14 AM EDT
Hi, I read this thread on Sexual Harrassment with interest:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=157894[/url]

The way it sounds, workers are starting to feel like prisoners at their own jobs because management is running scared anytime someone mentions "sexual harrassment."

I think the whole situation would turn out much better if management grew a backbone and called the bluff of some of these people.  "You think you were harrassed?  Let's go to court."  After they win a judgement, they can the person for making frivolous complaints and destroying office morale.  One of two of these cases, and the company would probably see much less of this garbage.

Sexual harrassment can be a serious problem that needs to be dealt with, and unfortunately, some unprincipled opportunists are using those magic words to terrorize their co-workers.

So does anyone here have stories of management that stood up to someone crying "sexual harrassment!" all the time?  Let's hear 'em!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#2]
No,

But I had some gal try to play the race card on me and my company once. We laid her off (we should have fired her lazy ass), but we had ALL our ducks in order. I think her lawyer told her it was a loser after he saw our documentation of her work habits and our "counciling" efforts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top