Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2014 12:53:41 PM EDT
I live in MS and today we got a very RARE snow covering. Based on the flat ground outside, I figure we got 2-3". I decided it looked too perfect to not throw my AR in it and take a few higher quality pictures. Somewhat failed to think that since this isn't the dry -5 degree weather I experienced in OH earlier this year, this would cause half melted snow slush to fill every crevice of my AR, so its now thawing out on a towel, but I did manage to get a couple decent pictures.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
And this a tech issue???? Looks like GD to me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
paint it white, get back to us
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like rifle was dropped in snow...... No trees, rocks anything in the pic?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Hurray even people in Florida can join in the fun!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Why?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you think this was facebook or something?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote

Snow in MS is a mythical once in a decade event! We shut down the state when a 1/4" off accumulation occurs.

I put my ar in the snow too
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Wet heavy snow is disgusting.

I will take my lake effect all day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
nice footprint.  dumb picture.  sorry.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Where are the high quality photos? Those look like iphone pics.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Snow in MS is a mythical once in a decade event! We shut down the state when a 1/4" off accumulation occurs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Oh, now I understand
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Footprint in art picture of AR in snow taken with potato. GD at its finest!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Geez. Rough crowd. I should mention these are better than the photos I attached with my original build post. Maybe if I titled it "Snow picture fail" I would have gotten a bit different reaction.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#15]
A lot of folks who live down south will have plenty opportunity to gets snow picks after tonight
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Needs a toe at the very bottom.  Then you would get more replies.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
yayyyyyyyy
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

covered it.

OP, get back to me when you're in the photo wearing all kryptek yeti and the AR matches.
Good try though
Somebody in Mississippi get htis dude a dictionary because he needs help with the word "decent"

ETA: also post up the M4 2000 or you fail for having a gucci muzzle device and budget optics. sorry bro

ETA 2: omg, he's a '13ers. noice!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry you Yankees are so used to seeing snow on a regular basis. For us southern boys its a rare WTF moment when we get it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#24]

That rail is fucking awesome man
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Waiting for rust to set in on OP's gun
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Today I could actually take a pic of my rifle in the snow. That's saying a lot since I live in southern Louisiana.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

covered it.

OP, get back to me when you're in the photo wearing all kryptek yeti and the AR matches.
Good try though
Somebody in Mississippi get htis dude a dictionary because he needs help with the word "decent"

ETA: also post up the M4 2000 or you fail for having a gucci muzzle device and budget optics. sorry bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

covered it.

Good try though

I won't be coating the AR, especially not with snow camo.

ETA: I bought the surefire for $80 new. I do plan on getting a Surefire silencer, but it isn't a priority. Maybe it would have helped to inform you that its a 14.5" bbl, so my muzzle device had to be semi-permanent. If you saw my original post, you'd also see where I discussed purchasing a better optic as well. Build Post
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA: I bought the surefire for $80 new. I do plan on getting a Surefire silencer, but it isn't a priority. Maybe it would have helped to inform you that its a 14.5" bbl, so my muzzle device had to be semi-permanent. If you saw my original post, you'd also see where I discussed purchasing a better optic as well. Build Post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

covered it.

Good try though

I'm not knocking budget optics but when things like this exist, your argument loses validity
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#29]
[b]Quoted:
I'm not knocking budget optics but when things like this exist, your argument loses validity
View Quote

I agree, but I would end up paying $50 to have it pinned/welded locally, plus another $80 to have it depinned and this brake pinned (which now would cost me $125 since it is no longer holiday season). I am going to ignore the fact that the BCM A2X is a flash hider and not a brake. I actually considered the Rainier Arms XTC for a while, but decided against it because of the good deal I got on the surefire (and the likelihood that I'll get a surefire suppressor soon).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top