Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Their village, their rules.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Which d-bag on the city council stands to make a financial gain from a chain store taking over his mom and pop?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which d-bag on the city council stands to make a financial gain from a chain store taking over his mom and pop?
View Quote

I bet a better question would be, who wouldn't?

However, I'm still taking the article with a grain of salt over how damaged the property could be and his plans to fix it though. They didn't really go into any detail on that. Regardless though, using eminent domain is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Isolated incident move along nothing to see here...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The property will be taken by eminent domain, and then sold off to a private developer within a few years.

Taxpayer money will be used, and the mayor and village trustees will get the bribes under the table.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The property will be taken by eminent domain, and then sold off to a private developer within a few years.

Taxpayer money will be used, and the mayor and village trustees will get the bribes under the table.
View Quote

This^ is SOP for any city .gov, and the chances of developer being an ex-politician or relative is great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
This a dupe from a couple months ago, at least.

I recall the thread showing that they've tried to work with the man for a long time to resolve the issues with that crumbling building.

Perhaps I'm hallucinating though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Fuck Fire Island.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

A similar situation happened in New London, CT back in early 2000s and ended up at the Supreme Court.

Kelo VS City of New London

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top