Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 6:40:31 AM EDT
I bought me a 1903 Springfeild from a guy in Gadsden this weekend, actually off of gunbroker.com, and he tells me about this Collinsville trade day...

He says he goes all the time and can get some good guns over there, anybody ever hear tell of this?
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only been here 8 years or so. Most of my shooting buddies have been lifers in AL and shooting even longer than that. Never heard of it.

Where the hell is Collinsville anyway?
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Been there, done that. I lived near there in Shelby County up until '96. Damn cops got bad and ran all the gun dealers off at one time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's kinda like a flea market...
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a flea market over in the Northeast part of the state near Ft. Payne.  Last time I was there, nothing but cheap chinese and other stuff; it was about 8 years ago when my wife and I used to go to flea markets.

There are several flea markets in the north part of the state: Limestone, Collinsville, I-59 and St. Hwy 11, Scottsboro, Hwy 35 outside of Scottsboro, on well, you get the idea.

I never say any guns at any of them.

Merlin
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Well this ole boy says that he sees Garlands and other military guns there every now and again.  As far as I can gather from what he says is that its individuals selling and not dealers, which is why I was thinking of checking it out.  

I know there are quite a few people that sell some of their old guns off around Christmas time...  I could use another M1 Carbine (so my wife doesn't wear mine out), and perhaps even an M1 Garand!!!

I would rather have picked up the Garand first, but the 1903 was priced right and in Damn fine condition!  After handling it, I was more satisfied that I even thought I'd be.  The bore was immaculate, and the stock had very few dings in it.  It looks like it hasn't been dicked with at all.  It's one of the first high serial number receivers...

Once I get an M1 I will be able to get or build an AR and an FAL, or an AK ...I just can't bring myself to buy a gun other than the USGI ones right now, as they seem to be gettin more and more scarce and are far more valuable to me.

You know I only began to realize about he leftist plot to disarm the citizenry about a year or so ago!  I knew there was a few anti-gunners, but never knew how bad it was.  I'm from South Carolina and Now Alabama and never even heard news about California being taken over by the Communist.  I knew there were alot of gays out there, but wasn't aware of the widespread communists...

I'm torn between buying my historical USGI stuff that is getting more expensive, or the EVIL AWs that they are trying to make illegal...I already got a 12 gauge and an SKS, so I guess I'm OK for home defense (for the immediate future anyways...)

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When I used to live in AL (Ahhh, the good old days) Collinsville was an interesting place. You can still get pre-ban fighting roosters there if you go to the left side of the outfit. You can also find "purebred" dogs of questionable parentage there.
Anyway, there's no rhyme or reason to pricing there. Be ready for overpriced gangsta SKS's and the occasional diamond in the rough.
 Overall a lot of fun. It's a mass of humanity.Wear boots that are spit-repellent. Preferably waders.
For the record, I loved growing up in AL. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
-Hobbit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top