Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Never.....Ever......NEVER....question the heart of a quitter....

best of luck
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on sobriety.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats keep it up
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job!

Keep it up!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats man!

Now I know who the member was who didn't want to turn a rape into a murder.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I quit over 10 years ago, stopped keeping track. I was in the same boat as the op. Case of beer to get the party started and a fifth of what ever to finish off the night. I could never just have a few.   Still think about drinking all the time, lots of things bring the memories back.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
thank you, I may take you up on that.

speed

this place never fails to amaze me, even GD.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats man!

Now I know who the member was who didn't want to turn a rape into a murder.
View Quote

That was me

And surprisingly, since I quit drinking, I have retired the PNOD (Purple Night Of Death). It hangs in the back of my closet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How many magazines could you get a week with the bucks saved from not drinking ?  

View Quote

Or Larue Tactical stuff!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
37 years
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Must know the Tosh story!  Purple night of death?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Good job!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............

So there I was, drunker than 10,000 Indians watching Tosh.0, and he said to send in videos of things you should not say when you walk into a room. So, I made the following video and submitted it.

I was so shitfaced, I forgot about it, until a friend from the East Coast called (3 hours before it aired here) and said he was relaxing and watching TV, then I came on

Then, I made a tacticool transition video.

My videos of the past year have been much more boring, and more informational as well. One of the things I have been working on to turn my time into something productive and keep my mind off drinking is my website, which is in my sigline.

EZ
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So there I was, drunker than 10,000 Indians watching Tosh.0, and he said to send in videos of things you should not say when you walk into a room. So, I made the following video and submitted it.

I was so shitfaced, I forgot about it, until a friend from the East Coast called (3 hours before it aired here) and said he was relaxing and watching TV, then I came on
http://youtu.be/y5GY29Yoy_M

http://youtu.be/h95mvrGH7Sk

My videos of the past year have been much more boring, and more informational as well. One of the things I have been working on to turn my time into something productive and keep my mind off drinking is my website, which is in my sigline.

EZ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

Eh, that's not so bad.  If you were THAT drunk, I figured you must have been dancing around with a pink boa singing "Happy birthday Mr. President".  
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No one likes a quitter.

.  Congrats!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Eh, that's not so bad.  If you were THAT drunk, I figured you must have been dancing around with a pink boa singing "Happy birthday Mr. President".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

Fortunately, some of my drunker moments were not captured on film. I did however, gut an elk, at 7AM when it was 28 degrees in the PNOD. I know I have a pic of that somewhere too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I am glad you stopped drinking
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow!  I'm at 60 years......then again, I never started...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats.  I am surprised how some have given up for 10-15 years and still think about it.  Anyhow I quit for Lent every year
and that's my personal gut check.  One funny thing I noticed was if you wake up and feel like crap you can't blame it on anything
but getting older!

It would be nice if some pharmaceutical company came out with a pill that made quitting easier.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Congrats man.  I too stopped drinking a year ago, although I did slip up a few months ago thinking maybe I could control it this time. I was wrong, now I know for sure that I can never drink again.  I never could stop at just a few, if I started I was getting hammered.  I'm much happier now and feel 100x better, no more feeling hungover all the time and my bank account is happier.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Alcoholism is just another name for any activity done to the nth degree. "Alcoholics" are people who can't control themselves from overindulging, whatever the activity. Their lack of self-control is what makes them alcoholics, not the alcohol.

Take away the alcohol, and you're still left with the lack of self-control. That is why they can never have another drink, while normal people can drink alcohol in moderate amounts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Frist off, congrats.

Secondly,

I never understood how you could still be an alcoholic if you don't drink anymore.

Alcoholic
1. a person suffering from alcoholism.
synonyms: dipsomaniac, drunk, drunkard, heavy/hard/serious drinker, problem drinker, binge drinker, alcohol abuser, person with a drinking problem.

Alcohalism
1. an addiction to the consumption of alcoholic liquor or the mental illness and compulsive behavior resulting from alcohol dependency.

You're not dependent on alcohol any more, its all past-tense... just always confused me.

Alcoholism is just another name for any activity done to the nth degree. "Alcoholics" are people who can't control themselves from overindulging, whatever the activity. Their lack of self-control is what makes them alcoholics, not the alcohol.

Take away the alcohol, and you're still left with the lack of self-control. That is why they can never have another drink, while normal people can drink alcohol in moderate amounts.

Um, no.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Good job OP. I never was a "heavy" drinker (I've only been drinking since I was 24... 30 now) but I was to the point of drinking almost every night to get a buzz before bed. Then a few months ago it was like a switch was flipped and I have very little desire for it now. I'll drink a beer or two with friends 2-3 times a month, maybe a mixed drink twice. Other than that it just seems "meh" now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

EZ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

ROFL, awesome!

speed

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Well done!

Feels good to feel good, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I have 68 days today.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]
December 13, 2004 is my sober day. 9 years clean & sober brother.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Times like this, this site really humbles me. I have received several IM's from people who have been through this and are staying strong, and several from people who are just starting out, or fresh into it. I have responded to everyone so far tonight, and I thank you, and wish you luck in your fight. I just finished my pre bed drink (one scoop of Muscle Pharm Cookies and Cream protein powder, milk, extra chunky peanut butter, and ice blended ), so I will check in again tomorrow to see if this is still active.

EZ
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I quit drinking during the week, only weekends for me now
View Quote

All jokes aside I did this and have found my overall drinking has gone down as a result. I sometimes will go 2-3 weeks without more than a glass of wine or beer with sunday supper. This compared to my previous habits is a monumental step forward.

Congrats OP. A job well done.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#29]
May God bless you, and keep you in your sobriety.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Hey man, good for you.  I was alcohol free for many years, then decided that an occasional drink is OK. Well, it makes me feel like dirt and hurts my body, so I quit recently again.  I'm looking to keep it that way. I'm even eating better food and looking to go totally organic for meats and other stuff.  Congrats to you!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I read it and it was a good read.

Good luck, and I mean it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top