Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 6:01:37 PM EDT
I managed to loose one of the two that fit the screws that hold the sight base on my Browning Buckmark .22 LR pistol.  From an online fastener company I can buy a box of 100 for about $5 but I did not look into the shipping cost.  Brownell's wants $4 for one plus shipping.  Browning wants $2.65 for one if I remember correctly but their minimum shipping charge is $8.

On Monday I will hit Ace and if necessary Home Depot and Lowe's to see if I can find such a thing in a bin of fastener parts.  Any other ideas about where to find such a thing without buying a truckload would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I managed to loose one of the two that fit the screws that hold the sight base on my Browning Buckmark .22 LR pistol.  From an online fastener company I can buy a box of 100 for about $5 but I did not look into the shipping cost.  Brownell's wants $4 for one plus shipping.  Browning wants $2.65 for one if I remember correctly but their minimum shipping charge is $8.
On Monday I will hit Ace and if necessary Home Depot and Lowe's to see if I can find such a thing in a bin of fastener parts.  Any other ideas about where to find such a thing without buying a truckload would be appreciated.
View Quote
nevermind
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You will  spend  more than 8 bucks driving around, and still not have it.  Just order 2 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
i need a 7th fetzer valve, also.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Prepare that fetzer with some 3 in 1 oil and some gauze pads
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Star washers are easy to find.  One with a countersink should give you an interesting search.

View Quote

Fastenal has them.  Not that interesting.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

love that movie
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thank you Sir.  If Ace doesn't have it I will order from them.
View All Quotes

They have brick and mortar stores as well. Lots of them in any industrial area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Loctite is all you need. Blue for this kind of application.  Red requires heat to remove.
Any hardware store, $2-3.

ETA:  And that $3 will buy you enough for many projects.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Uhm, why not ask on the EE? Lots of us Buckmark owners have swapped out the top strap for a railed one, and they're anything like me, tucked the old stuff away in a drawer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#13]
whatever you do . dont have anyone send one to you in a plain envelope.use small padded envelope.. .when one of the sorters or cancelers at work "USPS" jam with bad
mail "someone mails a popsicle stick for instance "the centrifugal force will launch that washer through the envelope and into the guts of the machine never
to be seen again. I see it multiple times a day with small metal objects . and chances are it wont be matched up with a damaged envelope either.
and most coins rings and anything that is launched from mail just goes into a bucket never to be seen again by the owner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I managed to loose one of the two that fit the screws that hold the sight base on my Browning Buckmark .22 LR pistol.
View Quote

If it is loose, why not just tighten it instead of replacing it?z
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That and a moss covered three handled grudunza.

Get that reference and win teh internetz.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I managed to loose one of the two that fit the screws that hold the sight base on my Browning Buckmark .22 LR pistol.

Very clever.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Star washers are easy to find.  One with a countersink should give you an interesting search.

View Quote

Take a standard one and a punch.

Place star washer on a round hole (Socket) and tap in center with the punch till you achieve nirvana.

This aint rocker surgery.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#19]
How about using an "o" ring and a dab of Loctite 242 ?/ Would that work?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Go to a local gunsmith-Browning warranty center.  Some gun shop in your area will likely have a smith on duty that will be able to help you.  If nothing like that is close by order it as others have said as it'll be cheaper than driving around looking for one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Punch it out or simply take the flat one, put in on the screw and tighten it down.  It will assume the proper shape.
Or, locktight is your friend.  Use a little blue and forget about the washer...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Fastenal was the solution.  I found one of their stores about three easy miles from where I live and called them.  They did not have what I needed in stock there but the nice guy there  said they could have some brought in on the truck from Dallas on Wednesday.  To my surprise they are happy to sell me only 10 pieces which will probably cost me just over a dollar and I will probably die with eight spares.

Having seen all the stuff they carry the Lord only knows what it will really cost me to get out of there with my lock washers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Good to hear you got it sorted out. Fastenal is an awesome resource.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good to hear you got it sorted out. Fastenal is an awesome resource.
View Quote

I think you are right about that.  A few years ago I was working with a seismic survey crew out of El Reno, OK.  They had rented some space in a strip center in town for the job and we had our morning safety meetings there right next to a Fastenal store.  The morning meetings were at 5:30 AM long before the store opened but I could see through the windows that it was a dangerous place to go to with a credit card.  Too much neat stuff.  My self discipline will be tested on Wednesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top