Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/26/2014 4:36:07 PM EDT
How fortunate I am to have been born when I was.  I grew up with 8 years of Mr. President and I didn't worry about the god-damned commies because I knew he had my back.

No president since has inspired that kind of trust.  No president since has inspired that kind of optimism.  No president since has inspired that kind of fear in our enemies.  They knew Reagan would kill them and they were right.

He wasn't a perfect man but he was MY president.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I served 8 years in the Navy under him. Those were the days.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How fortunate I am to have been born when I was.  I grew up with 8 years of Mr. President and I didn't worry about the god-damned commies because I knew he had my back.

No president since has inspired that kind of trust.  No president since has inspired that kind of optimism.  No president since has inspired that kind of fear in our enemies.  They knew Reagan would kill them and they were right.

View Quote

The only time in my life I admired the current president.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
By far the best President of my lifetime.  America could use another one like him.  Sure he had his faults but he was a good man.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Miss the man...glad he isn,t seeing what this place has become.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
Bush Jr put fear in our enemies when one tried bluffing and people like me got sent in to stomp a giant mudhole in his countries ass.

Just sayin'

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Miss the man...glad he isn,t seeing what this place has become.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
By far the best President of my lifetime.  America could use another one like him.  Sure he had his faults but he was a good man.
View Quote

Personally he had many faults, but one of them was not his love of country, lhis love of our system, his love of Americans. Who would think that a B list actor who grew up in a small Illinois town, went to a small Illinois college, who had been divorced, a one time FDR democrat, would end up being one of the finest presidents we've ever had?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember him for his talk about how government was the problem and then began spending even more money.  Then came the NFA '86.  Still, RR was better than any of his successors.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I've said this before;

I was born in 1979, so my first memories are with Ronald Reagan as president and with Jesse Helms as senator from my state.  I thought that was normal...

I had no idea I was living in a time of such greatness.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Reagan was president from when I was 10 until I was 18.

I vividly remember being in middle school math class, and hearing the news that the American embassy hostages held in Iran had just left Iranian air space. There was a general cheer throughout the building.

Since Reagan, we've had Bush the 1st, Slick Willy twice, Bush Jr twice, and now bHo twice.

Can't say the trend looks to get better any time soon, either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
As a kid, I remember those speeches, especially when we lost the Challenger. He knew kids all over witnessed it  in schools and were watching.

He spoke in a soothing grandfatherly like tone to us all, and made as much sense as we could out of that horrible day.

A great man.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I was in the Regan Youth!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

By far the best President of my lifetime. America could use another one like him. Sure he had his faults but he was a good man.
View Quote

This.

My brother posted one of RR's speeches on his facebook wall today. I was glad to see it and know we are not alone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in the army under Reagan . I don't understand the love fest . amnesty for illegals , Banned machine guns , escalated the war on drugs which is a billion dollar failure .
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
... yes, I miss his leadership
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bush Jr put fear in our enemies when one tried bluffing and people like me got sent in to stomp a giant mudhole in his countries ass.

Just sayin'

http://youtu.be/dZRgiQkwm30

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'

Reagan put fear in our enemies without lifting a finger.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm wearing a Reagan shirt as we speak, er, type. Coincidence? I think not.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

What does it look like?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I miss him too.  Made us feel proud to be Americans again.

His short speech on the day of the Challenger disaster is one of the finest ever uttered by a president.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Personally he had many faults, but one of them was not his love of country, lhis love of our system, his love of Americans. Who would think that a B list actor who grew up in a small Illinois town, went to a small Illinois college, who had been divorced, a one time FDR democrat, would end up being one of the finest presidents we've ever had?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Reagan is the only Presidential candidate I have actually voted for, instead of voting against "that other dude".

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What does it look like?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does it look like?

Gimme a sec.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#23]
OP - of all the complete and utter bullshit, time-wasting, lack of substance posts that you initiate as the site's possibly undeniable resident thread & post whore, in this thread you got it right.

I joined the .mil in the Carter years and it was never so uplifting to have a man elected with the backbone thant we needed in what would become the waning years of the cold war.  Despite his faults, I for one will remember him as one of the greatest leaders of the modern era.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP - of all the complete and utter bullshit, time-wasting, lack of substance posts that you initiate as the site's possibly undeniable resident thread & post whore, in this thread you got it right.

I joined the .mil in the Carter years and it was never so uplifting to have a man elected with the backbone thant we needed in what would become the waning years of the cold war.  Despite his faults, I for one will remember him as one of the greatest leaders of the modern era.
View Quote

The guy makes less than 8 posts a day and he is a post whore?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I was born in '81. I'm grateful my most impressionable and important years were under the watch of such a great man.

Rest in peace, Mr. President.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Proud to say that he was my CIC  when I was in the Navy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waasa' matter -  24 unique threads by the OP in the past 30 days (161 unique threads in the past 12 months) doesn't qualify him to be a Tier 1 ARF Thread whore?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Great President.

Great Commander-in-Chief

Great man.

Someone will be along to trash talk him; but fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was in the army under Reagan . I don't understand the love fest . amnesty for illegals , Banned machine guns , escalated the war on drugs which is a billion dollar failure .
View Quote

I am with you but this place tends to remember the good things and gloss over the bad.

Murica!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#33]
There's already been one.

But then again in GD, someone would complain about too much money, a nympho girlfriend, and a gun that shoots too straight and a lure that catches too many fish.

Quoted:

Great President.

Great Commander-in-Chief

Great man.
Someone will be along to trash talk him; but fuck that guy.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Who the fuck do you consider good, snowflake?        
Quoted:
I am with you but this place tends to remember the good things and gloss over the bad.

Murica!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Murica!

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'

Yes, the Iranians and Hezbollah were quaking in their boots with fear as they watched us pack up and leave with our tail between our legs after they killed hundreds of US Marines.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Proud to say that he was my CIC  when I was in the Navy.
View Quote

Same here...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
While he made mistakes, he was a great President in the grand scheme of things.

In before the Hughes Amendment whiners.
View Quote

Too late.  14th post.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Murica!

Well, look, we ALL know how hard Reagan lobbied for that MG ban.

He wasn't going to let that one go, no matter HOW hard the Dems tried to talk him out of it.

Too bad we don't live under more Democrat rule. Then we'd be able to own any gun we want, MG or not, without NFA or carry permits. It'd be a gun owner's paradise.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#39]
A lead-from-the-front leader. He got stuff done, and sometimes got some mud on his trousers while he pushed and pushed on the breaking-down car stuck in the mud...

A purist? Perfect? Not in a million years. Trash him all you want. He never had a partisan majority in his favor.

He is the modern yardstick they will all be compared against...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was my first CIC, an inspiration and will alway have a special place in my heart. I can't help but to think that tyrant H.W. Bush was was doing  a lot of of treacherous neocon dealings behind his back, especially in the latter years when President Reagan's memory was fading, but the Reagan years were still good years. At the very least he brought a lot of dignity to the office, and at the most he was the best president I have seen and will ever see in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Not perfect, but I'm not ashamed to say he was the greatest leader of my time and I voted for him twice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Grew up under this man as president and spent my first two years in the Army with him as COC.  I always had a bit of pride looking at his picture on the chain of command wall.  I couldn't imagine looking at that wall and seeing FBHO

" />
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I spent 7 years in the Reagan White House.  Those were good years...good memories.  It was a pleasure to bust your ass for a man of such character.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A lead-from-the-front leader. He got stuff done, and sometimes got some mud on his trousers while he pushed and pushed on the breaking-down car stuck in the mud...

A purist? Perfect? Not in a million years. Trash him all you want. He never had a partisan majority in his favor.

View Quote

You're only saying that because he was a Mormon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but lest we forget, the MSM and the democrats were whipping that horse as hard as they could at the time as well; it was the zeitgeist of the 80s.

Fuckbags like Peter Jennings were hosting 2-hour specials on why we needed to make drugs illegal-er because after 40 years of prohibition, kids were smoking crack instead of pot
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I was born in '81. I'm grateful my most impressionable and important years were under the watch of such a great man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember it went something like this:

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#48]
First president I was able to vote for when he was running for a second term, and probably the best one of my lifetime.

Life in general was so much better back then with him as president.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, bro... I don't understand where the angst and viritriol for Reagan's leadership comes from...

From the "left" I understand... "He drove us into debt, waaaa, waaaa!-!"

Yeah, he did. He kicked the Soviet Unions teeth in, while refusing to raise taxes, to keep our economy moving and the Democrat majorities in congress kept trying to pay for social programs...

I understand the hostility towards him from the *left*

But folks who claim to be on the *right* side of the line... "Reagan wasnt pure enough for my discerning conservative tastes..."

What a bunch of illiterate retarded morons. Reagan never had a majority in congress...

They refuse to acknowledge the alternatives to what Reagan accomplished... Reagan didnt live and work in a vacuum. He dealt with Democrat majorities, and a liberal media...

For what he was handed, Reagan accomplished a great deal in the name of preserving, protecting, and promoting conservative ideals...

I dont understand these head-in-the-sand purists who come out of the woodwork to take cheap-shots at Reagan... Reagan wasnt perfect... Reagan wasnt a "pure" conservative in every little iota of his political career.

But he won. He made it cool to be a conservative. The conservative side of the line had been dismantled after Goldwater and Nixon. Reagan made conservative ideology cool again... He effectively argued conservative ideals against Democrats...

Reagan won, and dealt with majority-Democrats to push conservative ideologies... He was a good man, and a good leader. He loved America, and he honestly tried to emulate the Founding Fathers...

The "perfect" conservative only exists in the minds of liberals and retards. The liberals hope for a "perfect" conservative so they have a perfect straw-man to tear-down... And the retards can sit on the sidelines of political reality with the excuse that they are just waiting for a perfect candidate to come-along.

Folks... If Ronald Reagan does not meet your standards for what you like in a -electable- conservative, then you are either... 1. A Democrat. Get off this site, gun-grabber. -or- 2. Retarded. Go get some help from a professional.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#50]
He gave us the firearm owners protection act and new faces in the control towers

from sea to shining sea. He set free the collage students in Granada and hung

Oliver North out to dry over Iran Contra and drove Robert McFarlane to an over dose.

I voted for him twice because he gave us something that we had been lacking since Vietnam..Self respect.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top