Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 8:55:20 AM EDT
I've been trying to setup a new user account but so far have been denied. I'm not trying to avoid anyone or anything connected to my current account, its just that I'm trying to consolidate all of my internet forum accounts under one username to make things easier and to have one singular "identity" (or I guess you could say "alter-ego"). I also suffer from OCD (all kidding aside), and not having all my internet forum accounts under the identical username drives me absolutely insane (seriously). I'm not sure how to go about this in regards to having the mods helping me with this, I'm not trying to troll or cause a problem on here. I've been a member on this site under several different usernames/accounts since 2006 (this current one is my latest). This new username/account is the LAST ONE I will request, for sure this time. Mods, please contact me to see if we can do this. Sorry if this causes an unforeseen problem, please don't lock my current account.

- Mike

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
OP wants a troll account?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
No, I think I explained the reasons why in the OP. I'll even post a vid on youtube to validate my request if that's what needed. I really didn't want to make this thread but I wasn't sure what else to do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No, I think I explained the reasons why in the OP. I'll even post a vid on youtube to validate my request if that's what needed. I really didn't want to make this thread but I wasn't sure what else to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a vid will  for sure help your case, post it up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Try contacting site staff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
2012R is that you?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Try contacting site staff.
View Quote
This. PM one of them. It'll probably work better.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Post up all your old accounts
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. You should probably show your DL in the vid to fix any indentity issues as well. Maybe with a sworn statement never to use a different username. And possibly list all the other usernames you have used in the past so there is no confusion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#9]
OP seems familiar

If I was staff I would tell you to fuck yourself as you have already violated the COC by having multiple accounts and you can't even pony up $24 dollars to be a team member
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP seems familiar

If I was staff I would tell you to fuck yourself as you have already violated the COC by having multiple accounts and you can't even pony up $24 dollars to be a team member
View Quote

Ya my team membership makes me the most awesome person on the site.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd probably want to change mine if I used my first initial, last name and birth year as my screen name.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

OP seems familiar

View Quote

You're a hard 13'r.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been a member on this site under several different usernames/accounts since 2006 (this current one is my latest).

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Did I make it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been trying to setup a new user account but so far have been denied. I'm not trying to avoid anyone or anything connected to my current account, its just that I'm trying to consolidate all of my internet forum accounts under one username to make things easier and to have one singular "identity" (or I guess you could say "alter-ego"). I also suffer from OCD (all kidding aside), and not having all my internet forum accounts under the identical username drives me absolutely insane (seriously). I'm not sure how to go about this in regards to having the mods helping me with this, I'm not trying to troll or cause a problem on here. I've been a member on this site under several different usernames/accounts since 2006 (this current one is my latest). This new username/account is the LAST ONE I will request, for sure this time. Mods, please contact me to see if we can do this. Sorry if this causes an unforeseen problem, please don't lock my current account.

- Mike

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd probably want to change mine if I used my first initial, last name and birth year as my screen name.
View Quote
Yeah that also has something to do with it. I think I'm going to wait to put the vid up until I hear a response from one of the mods/site staff.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Adding an option to change your username for team members would be nice. I'd also like to consolidate my usernames/passwords.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

...the LAST ONE I will request, for sure this time.

View Quote

lol

"Just one more. Then I'm off the stuff for good!"

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP seems familiar

Pfffft.  Bronzers...

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Pretty simple change other accounts to match this one
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've been a member on this site under several different usernames/accounts since 2006 (this current one is my latest). This new username/account is the LAST ONE I will request, for sure this time.

View Quote

In before NorCal.

You might want to have some lube handy.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh so in before NorCal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
"The poster formerly known as"

Did I make it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I guess I'm in too
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

seconded...i do believe posting a self video to youtube is a prerequisite to opening a second account here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I came for the hammer
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#27]
In like a mug!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#28]
What does posting a video have to do with anything?
What were all of your past screen names?
You have done this several times and you don't know how to make the request or who to contact?

Did you know that if staff changes your name, all data on your old account is lost, even though your join date and post count remains the same?
They don't do that very often.

Edit to add; if you were a team member, I would post a link that shows why it is not done frequently, and how it can turn out badly.

Second edit; So...that part I mentioned about join date and post count. Your statements in this thread do not line up with the info posted in the thread that you can't read because you are not a team member.

Here is the thread I'm thinking of. The last page has pertinent info posted.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

seconded...i do believe posting a self video to youtube is a prerequisite to opening a second account here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just called Ed and he said this is what he needs.  He also requested that you make a sign with both your old and new usernames and also for you to be wearing "those shorty shorts like the younguns wear".

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#30]
In before staff loves you tenderly
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#31]
You cannot have multiple accounts.

Live with this one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP seems familiar

Well, duh

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#33]
OP, post your youtube video explaining why to the site staff or you could just change all your other internet account names to match your arfcom account.  *nod*
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#34]
This is just too funny to pass up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Right?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#36]
You gotta be kidding me
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#38]
lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#39]
I asked staff about a year ago about changing usernames - the advice I got was "abandon your account and make a new one".

I didn't want to be a '12er, so I just said "fuck it".

I've not been a professional photographer for almost 10 years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been a member on this site under several different usernames/accounts since 2006 (this current one is my latestlast)
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Live with this one.
View Quote

But you can sign out of one permanently and register a new one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I asked staff about a year ago about changing usernames - the advice I got was "abandon your account and make a new one".

I didn't want to be a '12er, so I just said "fuck it".

I've not been a professional photographer for almost 10 years.
View Quote

My s/n has a typo, I havnt owned an AK in over a year...havnt even shot one in probably 4 years......and Im now in my late 20's.

Thinking ahead when registering a username is hard
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Live with this one.

I think you would need a new e-mail address to do that, or it would be called having multiple accounts.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You are amassing quite the collection of screen names.

Pick a name, IM me and I will take care of it.  

Please choose wisely, this will be your screen name from now on.  We don't have the time to do this every time someone decides they want a change.
View Quote

can't you make him post a video also??
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Contact me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top