Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 7:31:19 AM EDT
Slightly shook the house, but no bright flashes etc.  Should I construct the ammo fort?

Seriously though, this was heard over a large area, about 20 miles, and not source has been found.  Any ideas on the cause?

TULSA, Oklahoma - Residents of several Rogers County towns report hearing a loud "boom" Saturday night, but there are no reports of any explosion or public safety issue, according to authorities.

People in Claremore, Catoosa, Inola Verdigris and Pryor have called in or written to report hearing and feeling the noise. Some say it took place at about 8:30 p.m., others report 9 p.m.

News On 6 contacted Rogers County Sheriff's Office, Mayes County Sheriff's Office and Claremore Police who say no explosions have been reported or found. They have received calls reporting the loud booming noise, however.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#1]
some drunk shooting tannerite probably
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Screen name?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

That was actually my first thought, but then I read this morning about how large of an area it was heard and felt at.  My next thought was super sonic aircraft, we do have f16s located nearby.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
This is weird. The other night around 1:30 am I heard a very loud boom. The loud boom threads are getting kinda freaky. On the other hand maybe a transformer blew out. IDK.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That was actually my first thought, but then I read this morning about how large of an area it was heard and felt at.  My next thought was super sonic aircraft, we do have f16s located nearby.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Back in the olden days when Richards-Gebaur AFB south of KC had F-106's on hot alert and flew a lot of training missions you never knew when you would hear a BABOOMMM.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it was a LOT of tannerite

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Meteor. It was seen/heard all over Oklahoma/Northern Texas
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Jan 23'd Tinfoil hat thread?

I did see an AT-6 two days ago dog fighting with an invisible opponent (probably a secret NSA weapon/drone) above my AO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody check with the rock quarry in that area?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Some moonshiners still explode?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some moonshiners still explode?
View Quote

All the moonshiners in that area have re-tooled and are making meth now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#13]
We had an earth quack up here about 12 years ago.

All we heard was a very loud boom and the house shook at the same time.

I thought it was an explosion nearby.

Turned out to be an earth quack centered about 3/4 of a mile from my house
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#14]
It's cryoseisms, otherwise known as "frost quakes".

Happens with ground water in cold weather.

We get them in WI every year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's cryoseisms, otherwise known as "frost quakes".

Happens with ground water in cold weather.

We get them in WI every year.
View Quote

it was in the 60s yesterday
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#17]
A pilot is about to get his pee pee smacked.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Call coast to coast tonight.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in Florida and heard something also.  Loud enough to get my attention.  I also thought perhaps a transformer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#20]
We got freaked out by an explosion that literally rattled the house. Looked out to see a mushroom cloud going up. Turns out some idiot blew himself and his backyard up setting up some kind of "display" up in his backyard. Even though it was about 3 miles away...it was a big explosion. Some friends of ours lived about 2 streets over from the guy, I'm surprised their windows didn't get blown out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh sorry, me and the little woman were a bit loud last night.
Well you see she started to, oh never mind, we will keep it down next time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Could be a sonic boom.  Any bases nearby?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We had an earth quack up here about 12 years ago.
All we heard was a very loud boom and the house shook at the same time.

I thought it was an explosion nearby.

Turned out to be an earth quack centered about 3/4 of a mile from my house
View Quote

Wow, that must have been some duck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I was going to post this.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Classified aircraft
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Nope he's right it started.

The black helicopters flew in. Tomorrow night they will take Arkansas away from us.  Taking us one bite at a time starting in the fly-over states soe even the conservative media won't notice it until too late.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Sonic boom. We have them daily. Some days they will rattle the entire house.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Slightly shook the house, but no bright flashes etc.  Should I construct the ammo fort?

Seriously though, this was heard over a large area, about 20 miles, and not source has been found.  Any ideas on the cause?

http://www.newson6.com/story/24550408/many-rogers-county-residents-report-hearing-feeling-loud-boom

TULSA, Oklahoma - Residents of several Rogers County towns report hearing a loud "boom" Saturday night, but there are no reports of any explosion or public safety issue, according to authorities.
People in Claremore, Catoosa, Inola Verdigris and Pryor have called in or written to report hearing and feeling the noise. Some say it took place at about 8:30 p.m., others report 9 p.m.

News On 6 contacted Rogers County Sheriff's Office, Mayes County Sheriff's Office and Claremore Police who say no explosions have been reported or found. They have received calls reporting the loud booming noise, however.

View Quote

This exact thing happened just across the river from me in Illinois a couple weeks ago. They never found out what it was.. personally I blame Aliens.

Loud boom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top