Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda like winners of hide and go seek?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Statements like this don't even make sense.  There was a time when he would be the laughing stock of the nation.  Now, we hear moronic statement like this daily.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to go steal some shit.

I earned it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought you "earn" your right to become a citizen by coming into the USA legally.

So what happens to all the good people who are currently going through the process legally?  I know some have been waiting for years...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
My take is that back in 1994 we threw out the dem party because we didn't like how they were representing us.
Representation is a lot of work for both sides and they wanted to guarantee their jobs.
So, they decided to represent someone else and have been importing foreigners ever since.
Kind of like stock dilution, your vote ain't worth a damn now.
It sure is working, until the foreigners / newly minted citizens realize they can blow the entire elite system to Mars.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson has earned the right to have his US citizenship revoked and his butt deported.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
They are worried about the next election, what better way to ensure a win then by to give citizenship to 11 million border jumpers who will greatfuly vote in the party that supports them. Its a wedge issue, because the other party will oppose it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's like the government declared war on the American public but forgot to tell them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is not our country any more.

It's like the government declared war on the American public but forgot to tell them.

they dropped some pretty fucking huge hints though
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I have nothing against people wishing to come here and become citizens.  However, when this latest amnesty is offered and the government continues their policy of not enforcing the law...what do you think will happen?  I'm willing to bet that a fair number of people won't take the offer and millions more will find it beneficial to come in or stay in the shadows.

There might be more support for this 'amnesty' if there were any assurance that the government won't go back to the policy as usual.  Not that anyone believes them anyway.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I have NO issue with an immigrant who comes to this country THROUGH a port of entry and applies to stay. I have HUGE issues allowing criminals to stay here and become citizens.

We grow enough of the latter all by ourselves....
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Just more crimes to add to the list when the reckoning comes and we hang them all high and dry.

They can't maintain this nonsense indefinitely.  At some point the criminals in .gov are going to go the way every other shithead has in history.   The trial will be sorting out the honest folks from the trash.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are worried about the next election, what better way to ensure a win then by to give citizenship to 11 million border jumpers who will greatfuly vote in the party that supports them. Its a wedge issue, because the other party will oppose it.
View Quote

No they won't. The Progressives of both parties are in lock step with this issue.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#15]
We are no longer ruled by Laws, but by Obama's Men. Their Ideology is the end of us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep, illegals have earned the right to citizenship in the same way a trespasser has earned the right to be a squatter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've been telling us for years.  We just haven't been listening.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#18]
It's like saying a bank robber has earned the right to get a job as a bank teller, due to making withdrawls as a bank customer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Well I guess if I go steal a car I should be good as long as I keep the oil changed and everything……thats how they "earned" it
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#20]
This only applies to illegal immigrants from south of the border.  Those fields aren't going to pick themselves.  All other illegal immigrants need not apply.  Unless, of course, you're a middle eastern terror cell student or muslim extremist.  Then, the US Government will actively seek you out, pay you to come to this Country, and give you protected status.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#21]
It's called cognitive dissonance
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#22]
The "Rule of Law" means nothing to this administration. They rule by fiat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it doesn't make sense to the average non-government employed person perhaps. A normalcy bias for the un-initiated would say that's just crazy. But from behind the green curtain, it's about maintaining a status quo. To promote and project the success of government programs from within, which includes distorting realities to reflect that.

We got to see in the Zimmerman trial. Where the dialog was of pre-imminence of hate crimes directed toward blacks when the government numbers show a different reality. Our government operates on the assumption that the realities of the 60's are the realities of today. It constructs it's actions around that at every level of government and modifies to keep that perception alive. It's about the status quo.

Some much of the bureaucracy jobs are designed around supporting that. And the judicial system actively works to keep that perception alive by  it's actions. You could see complicity with Judge Nelson and Angela Corey (and crew)  in Zimmerman's trial to keep that narrative alive. The DOJ-CRS participation to encourage that dialogue and it's dissemination out into the public.

The arrest of the asshole in Texas for attacking the 79 year old black man. The Feds first arrest for the 'Knockout game'. It was justified but maybe they should have left it up to the state to prosecute it instead of charging in 3 days after the criminal became known and was arrested for it. You have to question their choices when there have been so many examples of a different dynamic at work as far as who does what to who.

That's a war on reality. And more people are seeing through all of the inconsistencies. And know they are being subjected to a double standard that has nothing to do with equality and fairness.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jeh Johnson is just another Democratic darling, career lawyer appointee. Mr. O has put the absolute worst people possible in positions of influence.
View Quote

His appointees are proof positive history will refer to him as Barack the Unready.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#25]
This is part of a decades-long effort to move American thought, so that what was once unthinkable becomes commonplace.  

Overton window

The Overton Window is an approach to identifying which ideas define the domain of acceptability within a democratic republic's possible governmental policies. Proponents of policies outside the window seek to persuade or educate the public in order to move and/or expand the window. Proponents of current policies, or similar ones, within the window seek to convince people that policies outside it should be deemed unacceptable.
After Overton's death, others have examined the concept of adjusting the window by the deliberate promotion of ideas outside of it, or "outer fringe" ideas, with the intention of making less fringe ideas acceptable by comparison.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top