Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 8:24:26 PM EDT
Says the guy who had the screw gun slip off the tip of a screw and go completely through his thumbnail.  I have a nice x shaped Phillips head hole in my thumbnail.  Then I got to drive to the urgent care and get a tetanus shot.  AWESOME afternoon

ERic
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics or BS!!

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Says the guy who had the screw gun slip off the tip of a screw and go completely through his thumbnail.  I have a nice x shaped Phillips head hole in my thumbnail.  Then I got to drive to the urgent care and get a tetanus shot.  AWESOME afternoon

ERic
View Quote

I picked up a 2x4 that had been laying in some dirt, on the end that was still in the dirt I could see a deck screw sticking out, what I didn't see is the inch of deck screw sticking out where my palm hit the board to knock the dirt off..   ouch it went right into the meat of my thumb muscle...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks, I have a scar on my hand in the web between thumb and forefinger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Should somebody call a whambulance?

I've had 3" naIls go thru my foot and stepped on the broken glass of a 1973 Dr Pepper bottle (the thick stuff at the bottom),

Although the glass did require 3 stitches, but only because I was 8 yo at the time. Now days, it would only require a little dirt to cure the problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should somebody call a whambulance?

I've had 3" naIls go thru my foot and stepped on the broken glass of a 1973 Dr Pepper bottle (the thick stuff at the bottom),

Although the glass did require 3 stitches, but only because I was 8 yo at the time. Now days, it would only require a little dirt to cure the problem.
View Quote

You sir are hard as a coffin nail.  Thank you for being the perfect texas stereotype of the week.  I don't need  the whambulance but you wife or mom can kiss it for me,  thanks.

ERic
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ERic
View Quote
lol, it is worse when you do the same exact maneuver 2 minutes later, to the same finger
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lol, it is worse when you do the same exact maneuver 2 minutes later, to the same finger
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ERic

Damn.  Just damn.

ERic
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#8]
You get used to it.
Surgery to repair mine didn't help much.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You get used to it.
Surgery to repair mine didn't help much.http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/ackspac/IMAG0491_zpsde0db485.jpg
View Quote

Will buff out?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I've done the exact same thing.
Healed nicely
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You get used to it.
Surgery to repair mine didn't help much.http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/ackspac/IMAG0491_zpsde0db485.jpg
View Quote

How long till it all fell off?

ERic
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ERic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You get used to it.

ERic

Within two weeks.

Surgery only help relieve the pain under nail.

Nail still grows with a split down the middle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess what happens now OP?

Your going to bump that sore digit into everything.

Damn nail bed injury hurts when a light breeze blows over it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guess what happens now OP?

Your going to bump that sore digit into everything.

Damn nail bed injury hurts when a light breeze blows over it.
View Quote

Sucked in my case. It was my trigger finger that got messed up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Makeitflyfast,   I expect that is very true.  I told the nurse that gave me the shot that I deserved it for being clumsy.

ERic
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck healing!

Its going to suck for a long time before it gets better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ERic
View Quote

That reminds me of the time I was hanging drywall on a comercial construction sight when I was 14 yo, the accepted practice was to keep the screwgun spinning at 4,000 rpms and engage the clutch by shoving the screw into the board.

I was holding theboard against the steel studs with my right hand and flipped the handle of the screwgun with my left hand to get a little slack on the extension cord, while I shoved the screw into the board. The cord caught on a stud further down the wall and the screw ended up in my right thumb. The foreman had to use a screwdiver to remove it, it was 3 full turns into the bone,

Luckily the foreman was my dad, so I didn't catch a lot of shit.
He did make the comment that I probably wouldn't do that again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You get used to it.
View Quote

Gnasty!  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Yikes,  this hit the bone but thankfully nothing had to screwed out of the bone.   I'm just thankfull doesn't really hurt anymore.

ERic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top