Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 7:02:59 PM EDT
Anyone else seen this yet?

It was pretty impressive in 1080p, but wtf was in the damn bag??

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/lars_ulrich_on_mysterious_through_the_never_bag_its_nice_to_have_a_cliffhanger.html

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich recently discussed the content of mysterious "Through the Never" bag, the item which the film's main character Trip is sent to pick up, making it somewhat of the movie's focal point.  Ulrich was mostly vague in his explanation, but possibly dropped a hint supporting the claim that the bag in fact contains the spirit of late bassist Cliff Burton.  "I heard a lot of takes on what's in the bag, the leading contender of course being - it's the new album" Lars told Metal Hammer TV.  "But there are other, even more clever answers than that. I don't know what's in the bag 'cause I never looked in there. But I think it's less important what's in the bag, I think it's more about the journey. I think it's nice to have a bit of a cliffhanger."  The theory of Burton's spirit being in the bag is based around several facts, one being that the moment Trip brings the bag back in the film, the band is playing "Orion," a song commonly associated with Cliff, his style and playing. Secondly, the film was released on September 27, the same day Burton died in 1986...........................
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/lars_ulrich_on_mysterious_through_the_never_bag_its_nice_to_have_a_cliffhanger.html

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich recently discussed the content of mysterious "Through the Never" bag, the item which the film's main character Trip is sent to pick up, making it somewhat of the movie's focal point.  Ulrich was mostly vague in his explanation, but possibly dropped a hint supporting the claim that the bag in fact contains the spirit of late bassist Cliff Burton.  "I heard a lot of takes on what's in the bag, the leading contender of course being - it's the new album" Lars told Metal Hammer TV.  "But there are other, even more clever answers than that. I don't know what's in the bag 'cause I never looked in there. But I think it's less important what's in the bag, I think it's more about the journey. I think it's nice to have a bit of a cliffhanger."  The theory of Burton's spirit being in the bag is based around several facts, one being that the moment Trip brings the bag back in the film, the band is playing "Orion," a song commonly associated with Cliff, his style and playing. Secondly, the film was released on September 27, the same day Burton died in 1986...........................

Lars is a whiney bitch faggot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well put.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well put.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well put.
I generally like their music, who is lars and why do we hate him?

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen it but the bag sounds like a mcguffin.  Like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How did I know as soon as I saw Lars that the answer was going to be long, drawn out, and not really have a point.

They should have asked James.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
There was another band in the 80's called Metallica, they were awesome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I started a thread a few years ago with the opinion that Lars is a horrible drummer.  It was a pretty entertaining thread.  I stand by my opinion.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well put.

You ever seen 'Get him to the Greek'? Well Lars has a short part in it, but I don't think he was acting rather just being his bitch self.

It goes way back to when Napster was around. Lars led the movement to get them shut down. Can't really blame the guy for people stealing their shit, but damn. The way he handled it put a massive target on it and made downloading music for free unstoppable.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well put.

He's the diminutive drummer of Metallica.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Pulp Fiction / Ronin rip off!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
About halfway through it right now, it's not too bad.

I enjoyed the S&M concert movie a lot more.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Whiney, bitch drummer, and a monotone lead singer.
Great line up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Whiney, bitch drummer, and a monotone lead singer.

Great line up.
View Quote
That's why Orion is their best song

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was nice to me. Came right up to me and shook my hand after getting off of the private jet before hopping in my company SUV....
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I started a thread a few years ago with the opinion that Lars is a horrible drummer.  It was a pretty entertaining thread.  I stand by my opinion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i refuse to believe he actuallly played the drums on master of puppets.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:47:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I pre-ordered it through Amazon and don't have it yet.  The shipment sold out and I must have ordered too late for the 1st release.

Is the movie part disruptive of the music part?

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:56:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:20:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top