Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 3:56:33 PM EDT
I cleaned my refrigerator out a while back.  I took out all the shelving and cleaned it with a hot soapy sponge, wiped with wet paper towels, then wiped down with diluted bleach.  

The shelves were cleaned with a hot soapy sponge, wiped dry, then exposed to natural ultraviolet light from the Sun.

The shelving was returned:

Unless you're a bachelor, I find it very difficult to keep the refrigerator organized.  

One true-ism I have found is that small amounts of left-overs are rarely eaten.  Instead, they usually get lost on a long journey behind all the food and ferment there to be found once it's covered in black mold.  For instance, if I open a can of peas, I go ahead and eat the whole can because otherwise it's usually thrown out a week or more later.

Another true-ism is the food is not placed into it in an organized fashion in terms of space so it's hard to find room for it and it ends up getting 'shoved' into wherever it can fit.  

I know, "First World problems".

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to go apeshit after my weekly Costco/grocery visit.  There's 5 of us at home and with all the milk and other stuff there was ZERO room in the fucker.  Then you order a pizza or have some Thai styrofoam boxes and there was no place to shove it.

Luckily we had a perfect space for another full size fridge and I bought one.

Beverages and fruit in that one.  All the other shit in the old one.  Works great!

ETA - see the two vent holes in the first pic, the ones on the bottom?  I had mine apart just like you did but there was an OJ container that spilled over and GLUCK GLUCK GLUCK - all the OJ went into the hole!  Thought I was gonna lose my mind.  Had to take the whole thing apart a few days afterward - jellified OJ stuck to the coils, the pan.  Had to dump so much hot water thru the vent holes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just make sure   the beer and wings are front and center
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted twice.... sorry
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to go apeshit after my weekly Costco/grocery visit.  There's 5 of us at home and with all the milk and other stuff there was ZERO room in the fucker.  Then you order a pizza or have some Thai styrofoam boxes and there was no place to shove it.

Luckily we had a perfect space for another full size fridge and I bought one.

Beverages and fruit in that one.  All the other shit in the old one.  Works great!

ETA - see the two vent holes in the first pic, the ones on the bottom?  I had mine apart just like you did but there was an OJ container that spilled over and GLUCK GLUCK GLUCK - all the OJ went into the hole!  Thought I was gonna lose my mind.  Had to take the whole thing apart a few days afterward - jellified OJ stuck to the coils, the pan.  Had to dump so much hot water thru the vent holes.
View Quote

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

This time of year the garage is around 34F (yes, I have a thermometer in there) so I can keep extra stuff in there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unless you're a bachelor, I find it very difficult to keep the refrigerator organized.  

View Quote

Well, I'm good then
And no, I honestly don't have any problem
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you really just post pics of cleaning your fridge?

You can find anything in GD I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I just throw stuff in mine.  Normally cant find what i want till ive gone to the store n now have double.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I eat leftovers. I make extra on purpose.

eggs, meat, dairy, non beer beverages on top shelf
leftovers on middle shelf
beer bottom shelf
veggies in the drawers
condiments and jars in the door

I am a bachelor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Naw....mine is fine the way that it is.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Naw....mine is fine the way that it is.

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/ribby30/gross.jpg
View Quote

That reminds me of the hoarder woman who kept dead kittens/cats in her broken refrigerator.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope, no problem.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I look forward to OP's photo essay on ironing

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
My fridge died on Thursday, so organizing it got really easy.

Trash.

Trash.

Cooler.

Trash.

Cooler.

My boss had an old one at the warehouse that they were going to put outside with a free sign on it, so he gave it to me yesterday.  I cleaned it up and transferred in what I was able to save.  It will make a decent beer fridge once I replace the dead one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You missed his tutorial on brushing his teeth?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, you really hit it out of the park with this one

BTW, bay leaves go in at the beginning to add a unique flavor.  They're not a garnish.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/xj_pictures/IMG_2808_zps1aa7b130.jpg

BTW, bay leaves go in at the beginning to add a unique flavor.  They're not a garnish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well played
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just make sure   the beer and wings are front and center
View Quote

SPNI!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I am a huge proponent of having two fridges.

The one in the house is for food, the one in the garage is for drinks, and extra freezer space.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't know organization was a requirement for a frig....
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I didn't know organization was a requirement for a frig....
View Quote

Again, I'm glad I'm not the only one

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#21]
NH eh  We know your type
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd eat it

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#23]
OP, me and my whiskey have nothing to offer other than we have the same fridge
and it sprung a leak and lost all the refrigerant. This was the day after christmas...

the ensuing leftover holocaust was a top 10 worst experience ever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a sidexside in house, one in garage, an upright Freezer, and a chest freezer, all of them are a mess
I have the week after next free, OP can come do all of them
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a 30 cubic foot refridgerator. It's massive. It is impossible to fill. One of my favorite purchases ever. Going from a 21 to a 30 was life changing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Make sure those little random bits of leftovers stay in the front.  Stuff with a short shelf life needs to stay front and center.

If you buy something that you already have some of, put the new stuff behind the old stuff.

Check over the stuff in the back and in drawers at least a couple of times a month.

There's nothing worse than finding a cucumber at the bottom of the crisper bin that's turned into mush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top