Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2014 12:31:43 PM EDT
It's 20 minutes past closing at a retail biz. As you're letting employees out the front door some dude in his late teens early twenties asks if he can come in. He is told I'm sorry no. Tries to reason with you and gets a no again.

Then he throws his hands up in the air and holds them there goes "you can't touch me" and tries to like hip check / squeeze his way past you as your standing in the front door.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's 20 minutes past closing at a retail biz. As you're letting employees out the front door some dude in his late teens early twenties asks if he can come in. He is told I'm sorry no. Tries to reason with you and gets a no again.

Then he throws his hands up in the air and holds them there goes "you can't touch me" and tries to like hip check / squeeze his way past you as your standing in the front door.

View Quote

Why are you still holding the door open?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Dick punch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
"It won't do you any good. Cash register is off and the cops are getting called."
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting cops involved asap is probably the option least likely to result in you being harmed and potentially getting fired for laying hands on someone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Lock him in call the police

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Wasnt me. Was another "you're not gonna fucking believe this" story. Guy grabbed the dude and shoved him back cause apparently the kid closed distance really quick. Kid came back to reality quick and apologized. Even in NY I'd think the store owner is on the correct side of the law.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Had it happen before.  Shit head thought he was some sort of lawyer.  I showed him otherwise and my boss backed me up.  Figured he would try to call the cops but they never showed.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If someone is forcing their way into a closed business I'm going to assume their intentions are armed robbery or worse.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd have grabbed him by his shirt, and thrown him back out.

You can use reasonable force to remove someone from your business, especially since you already told him no.  After you tell him no, and he still enters, he's trespassing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#12]
He would have been abruptly educated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
After multiple ferocious ass rapes on him.

He will be certain of my dominance over him
and he will stand down like a bitch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]
20 mikes Past closing? GTFO of my store. We've been opened for 12 fucking hours..too bad so sad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]
This is your family's restaurant, right?  You have lots of shitty customer stories.  Is the area that full of crappy people?

If he checked me after I told him no, first thing would be a 911 call for criminal trespass or whatever the call is in your neck of the woods.  No sense going hands on if you don't have to.

Edit:  saw it wasn't you, but a buddy.  Same advice though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is your family's restaurant, right?  You have lots of shitty customer stories.  Is the area that full of crappy people?

View Quote
Wasn't my family's biz. Not a crappy area but a lot of spoiled people who think the world revolves around them.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Tell Zed to go wake up the gimp.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wasn't my family's biz. Not a crappy area but a lot of spoiled people who think the world revolves around them.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I edited my reply above.  Sounds like a college town.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Where did this throw your hands up and say you can't touch me come from ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]
if he's attempting to enter, physical force is completely appropriate (at least in TX).  if it was just the supervisor, then it would be ejection.  but if you have employees walking out, the supervisor has a duty not to let a threat run around while they're getting into their cars.  at that point, it's a tackle and restrain, while telling anyone within earshot to put in a 911 call.

have had extensive experience with this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#23]

I would like to caption that if I may . . . . . . .

The referee:

"You're out of there!!

. . . . Good Job.

. . . . HE wins."

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

misguided sense of what a business operator is authorized to do in order to protect his establishment and personnel.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Push him the fuck away and slam the door in his face.

If he makes another attempt, I would clock him square in the nose.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Stand  your ground?

Just kidding
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

misguided sense of what a business operator is authorized to do in order to protect his establishment and personnel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes sense. I wonder if maybe this kid thought te guy was just an employee. I know people act way different when they realize it's my family's biz.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#29]
do you even blade bro?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes sense. I wonder if maybe this kid thought te guy was just an employee. I know people act way different when they realize it's my family's biz.  

that's a good assessment.  businesses are so risk-averse nowadays that employees are taught to be completely non-confrontational in order to avoid liability.

aggressor might have assumed that was the dynamic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
He somehow believes either the law won't press for simple battery charges if he tries to just walk in, shoving someone aside without his hands.  Or he believes company policy will fire the employee because he didn't use his hands to force his way in.  Either way, making intentional and unwanted physical contact with a person is battery in most places.  Hip, hands, head, toes, dick, it doesn't matter.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I used to be security/bouncer at a biker bar in Daytona Beach.  Never had a problem with any of the bikers, only drunk tourists who though wielding a pool cue was the appropriate way to get attention from a beer girl.

View Quote
Why do little twerps always start shit on a higher rate?

I've noticed that too, not that I'm a bouncer or anything but I get the impression the people who are lowest on the food chain start more problems than those on the top.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Probably put the heel of my hand under his chin and pushed up. They walk out from under their center.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#34]
He would not have gotten past me.  And he would have heard a loud voice.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Punch to the solar plexus.  It will put him down without any lasting injury.  It won't even leave a bruise.  Roll him back outside while he's trying to catch his breath.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dick punch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Probably put the heel of my hand under his chin and pushed up. They walk out from under their center.
View Quote
Chin jab? Old school WWII combatives.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the fact that many large retailers have a policy of no physical contact between employees and shitbags.  

Throw their ass out and explain the difference between company policy and law.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

guys like that are worried about being invisible.  as long as they're getting positive attention, they're fine.  but if they're being ignored or trivialized, their insecurity kicks in and they feel the need to 'prove themselves'.  the prevailing thought is "i can take that guy", followed by a survey of who might be watching.  

this is orders of magnitude worse when women are in the audience.

if you're paying attention, you can actually watch the inner monologue playing out on a little guy's face.  part of the art of working security is noticing this before it hits a flashpoint.  that's when you go over and strike up a friendly conversation.  this will either defuse the situation or cause the guy to start verbalizing his aggressive thoughts.  if the former, great.  if the latter, it's time for him to go.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Call the Po Po.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#41]
If this happened after closing time, why would you open the door?  Where I worked part time, I was the closing person and when the last employee left, the front door got locked and unless you had a key you were not getting in.  This saves a lot of headaches.  There were times that people would come to the door for something and I would tell them to come back tomorrow or find someone else that would help them.  At no time would/did I unlock the door.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah makes sense. Almost every bad situations ive had at work there always seems to be a woman or two involved the guy or guys is trying to impress. Then throw alcohol and under 30 years old into the mix and a spark will ignite it.

"Quoted: part of the art of working security is noticing this before it hits a flashpoint."

I wish I were a bigger dude as I think it would be interesting being a bouncer. Human aggression / ego etc has always fascinated / terrified me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"It won't do you any good. Cash register is off and the cops are getting called."
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Locks door... " now you's can't leave."  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
Isn't that like kidnapping?

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It how we handle these "situations" in the Bronx.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit that went right over my head.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Hit him with the parking lot
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I would have dialed andrew cuomo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
If someone is forcing their way into a closed business I'm going to assume their intentions are armed robbery or worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

pretty much this

you are telling ME i can't touch you when your charging at me?   guess again fuckstain...  ima' touch you in all sorts of painful ways..   get fucked pally
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top