Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 11:51:57 AM EDT
The last two days or so they made changes.
I no longer get videos recommended to my taste, and the crap they offer me doesn't even have pictures in the selection boxes on the home page.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
They are offering videos that your overlords have approved for your reconditioning.

That can , pick it up!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#2]
They are pissing me off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#3]
google is whats wrong with youtube. It was perfect before they got their mitts on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#4]
cancel your account, problem solved
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cancel your account, problem solved
View Quote

I've got around eight folders with something close to 280 videos saved.
I want to use the site, but they want me to watch shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are pissing me off.
View Quote

And have been for a while. The pretty much been effing things up the last year solid in a big time way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Last week I could log on and see a dozen or two videos I might be interested in based on my viewing history.

Now the music section doesn't even offer music. I get crap like MSNBC interupts congresswoman for report on Justin Beiber, with a white out for a screen image.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
make a new account, copy pasta old playlist, profit
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
make a new account, copy pasta old playlist, profit
View Quote

I've been trying to figure out how to do that.

I don't know how I would copy pasta, and they have my DNA sample to compare against any attempt to create a new account.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
You ought to demand a refund!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Point taken.
But they get their pound of flesh from me. They sell my information to everybody. It's no coincidence that when I log onto Photobucket it says "hello (my first name)". I sure didn't tell Photobucket who I am or where I live.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#12]
They keep dicking around with the format, and trying to force everyone onto Google plus. Eventually Vimeo or someone else will supplant them. YouTube will go the way of MySpace.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
When Google+ came along, I quit leaving any comments in the comment section of the videos.
I don't want Google+, or to "share" my every thought with every media source on the planet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When Google+ came along, I quit leaving any comments in the comment section of the videos.

I don't want Google+, or to "share" my every thought with every media source on the planet.
View Quote
just wait til it figures out who you are posting everywhere else on the internet.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#15]
They can stream the adverts perfect...the actual video I wanna see not a fucking chance
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Point taken.
But they get their pound of flesh from me. They sell my information to everybody. It's no coincidence that when I log onto Photobucket it says "hello (my first name)". I sure didn't tell Photobucket who I am or where I live.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point taken.

You have a point as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]
They've disabled the ability to link or embed videos starting at any point other than 0 minutes, 0 seconds, which is a major pain in the ass as far as I'm concerned when all I want to link to is sixteen seconds in the middle of a video.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#18]
They control you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

I can't comment anymore, using Google Chrome.  If I try a blank window pops up for a few seconds and then goes away.  Ironically, if I'm about anything else, include IE, I can leave comments.

I made a half ass attempt to figure out what was causing this, and then just gave up.  I don't really care about commenting....

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I can't comment anymore, using Google Chrome.  If I try a blank window pops up for a few seconds and then goes away.  Ironically, if I'm about anything else, include IE, I can leave comments.
I made a half ass attempt to figure out what was causing this, and then just gave up.  I don't really care about commenting....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They screwed that up royally too.  The associated referenced comments are no longer visible, meaning if someone posts a response to a comment you have no idea WTF they're talking about.  

I despise their new format.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top