Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2014 11:22:45 AM EDT
I think that most people that say this has no corrosion resistance or that it does not work properly are just to lazy to heat the metal up apply it the way the directions say. I'm not a fan boy I just can't stand hate on a product I've never had a problem with. I'll probably try Slip ewl on my next build in my quest to find the best lube.
Video

*******UPDATE*****
Froglube customer support emailed me told that the maximum operating temp before it starts to burn off is 700F and they have had it running successfully below 0F and third parties have tested it at 40 below.

Some of you complained froglube fans can't provide facts about the operating  temps.
Froglube info sheet.

Update fixed link.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
or just use mobile one and not worry bout all that shit
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It works. It's cheap.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently my give a fuck meter is either not broken or wasn't activated by the Internet drama level meter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Frog lube doesn't actually "soak" into the metal. It just looks like it does. I believe Frog Lube is a solid at room temperature, and the heating just helps it spread thoroughly on the surface. Interesting video.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Not bad. Maybe I should frog lube the shit out of my wife's rotors and see how good it works.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not bad. Maybe I should frog lube the shit out of my wife's rotors and see how good it works.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It works. It's cheap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works. It's cheap.

I don't hate Frog Lube.  I use MPro7 because I've been really pleased with the job it does.  

But I have to admit that I've always been intrigued by the Mobil 1 idea.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lol'd.

ETA: Frog lube is stinky.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Frog lube doesn't actually "soak" into the metal. It just looks like it does. I believe Frog Lube is a solid at room temperature, and the heating just helps it spread thoroughly on the surface. Interesting video.
View Quote

I work in a metal fabrication shop, trust me metal has pores and will absorb material that's on it. Try tig welding a piece of aluminum thats been exposed to the elements for a long period of time. Any way when you heat metal  it expands and the pores open up more. When you put FL on hot metal it liquefies allowing it to be absorbed into the warm metal easier. I had my BCG so hot that after the 30 min wait before you wipe of the excess FL There was no excess on my BCG.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't hate Frog Lube.  I use MPro7 because I've been really pleased with the job it does.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works. It's cheap.

The guy in the video did a test with mpro7 it did almost as good as froglube.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I work in a metal fabrication shop, trust me metal has pores and will absorb material that's on it. Try tig welding a piece of aluminum thats been exposed to the elements for a long period of time. Any way when you heat metal  it expands and the pores open up more. When you put FL on hot metal it liquefies allowing it to be absorbed into the warm metal easier. I had my BCG so hot that after the 30 min wait before you wipe of the excess FL There was no excess on my BCG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its because it all evaporated off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it looked and felt nice and slick
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Needs more Costa & Yeager
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone really believe all this "bonding at the molecular level" bullshit?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I initially used froglube because I couldn't stand the smell of CLP once it got hot.  After using it heavily for about a year now, I am blown away how well it works.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Vaginal dryness in amphibians is serious topic!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Does Frog lube work if you don't heat up the metal?

I hope so, because I've been using it like that a few years
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I see you live in Florida. Try using that waxy frog lube when it's -10F out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I've had really good luck with froglube. It's given some of my rifles the slickest action they've ever had. As long as some is applied to the barrel below the gas plug on my ACR, the build up that comes from shooting is just wiped away.  I've had the same experience with gunk on my AR BCG and bolts.

There's some other stuff that has fire in the name that is like to try. I can't remember the name atm.  I tried Mobil 1 and didn't care for it. I tried high temp lithium grease once as an experiment and it worked better than the Mobile 1 but was still sort of crappy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#20]
So what's the mean rounds between failures for frog lube compared to mobile one? CLP?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I see you live in Florida. Try using that waxy frog lube when it's -10F out.
View Quote

I ran into this at an Appleseed shoot. Had to switch to CLP. I've yet to find a universal lube that excelled at all reasonable temps. They seem to either do warm weather well but not low temps or work OK at most temps.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I really like Froglube and cleaning inside.

I think people have been dunking their guns in it and running out in 2 degree weather and wonder why their guns jam. I could do the same thing with lithium grease.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#24]
still like my EWL
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#25]
There are plenty of excellent lubes without the song and dance involved in application and that won't grow mold inside your gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmm, I might have given Frog Lube a try, if my BCG wasn't NiB coated. I technically do not have to use any lubricant at all, but I have always used Mobil 1 and it's worked very well.

I have never heard the reason why the military likes to use CLP over other wet lubricants. (synthetic engine oil etc)
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hmm, I might have given Frog Lube a try, if my BCG wasn't NiB coated. I technically do not have to use any lubricant at all, but I have always used Mobil 1 and it's worked very well.

I have never heard the reason why the military likes to use CLP over other wet lubricants. (synthetic engine oil etc)
View Quote

It works fine for what it I'd supposed to do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]
CLP says it has a 2 hour cure time. What happens during that time? Just wondered.
I have been using it and Mobile1 and don't see any need to do anything different.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

CLP says it has a 2 hour cure time. What happens during that time?
Just wondered.

I have been using it and Mobile1 and don't see any need to do anything different.
View Quote
It fucking evaporates.

My old can (before I ran out ) used to stay on and kept wet for weeks, months. I bought a new can its much more watery, doesn't stay, and evaporates.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

When working with sealers, densifiers, and color on concrete, yes. We can on site and lab prove the chems working together properly on a molecular level. But concrete is porous and will suck up oil, water, and our polished finishes products. Unsure with steel and lube.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I lol'd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lol'd.

I first tried Hoppes #9, which stank to high heaven. Then Breakfree CLP, which was better. Smelled a friend's Froglube. Kind of minty. Much better than the other.two.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I use Eezox, and have for years. It works fucking great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I first tried Hoppes #9, which stank to high heaven. Then Breakfree CLP, which was better. Smelled a friend's Froglube. Kind of minty. Much better than the other.two.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lol'd.

Whoa whoa whoa...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lol'd.

MP7Pro and Froglube are my favorite gun chemicals because they are non offensive to my sense of smell.  I can't stand perfumes and petroleums.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I wasn't sniffing it! I was wondering about the smell since so many people have commented on it, and someone had suggested I try FL.

I swear, GD...

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I did a thread on this in the Glock Forum... I like the stuff, and I think it smells great!

My experience so far is that it works as advertised... but the main thing I like about it is that on a CCW pistol it doesn't collect lint and dust and won't migrate to the end of the barrel and eventually end up on your clothing... pretty neat stuff IMO

-Clint
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works. It's cheap.

This. A rep gave our team commander a bunch of samples of Frog Lube. We used it, it worked, wasn't the end all be all. I too have wondered about the Mobil 1 stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not I.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StnCG9SZ-xE

View Quote

Maybe it's just me, but Yeager talks; has mannerisms like a meth user.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#42]
... big fan of Froglube
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been using Breakfree CLP for over a decade. It works perfectly for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
OP is a 13'er fanboy
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#45]
What is the operating temperature range for frog lube?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What is the operating temperature range for frog lube?
View Quote

Its interesting the proponets have been scant on actual data points.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Mobile 1 doesn't work as well for rust protection.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StnCG9SZ-xE

This.

Yeager always seems like he's needing to take a hit.

But I've been using Frog Lube for about 9 months. In 105 degree heat down to 19 degrees. Never a problem

Run it in a AR, Glock 19 and a XDs. All 3 seemed to like it.

I've started running it on my bolt guns and have only noticed a slight difference. Nothing to write home about there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Interesting
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top