Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 10:50:24 AM EDT
DPMS Panther Oracle 5.56 - optics ready for $499.99 after rebate or Bushmaster 5.56 ORC Carbine - optics ready for $649.99 after rebate?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm. It's like which limb you'd rather lose.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Both owned by the same parent company so....
Pick whatever looks best to you for a rollmark on the lower
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Get both.

Or really, build a PSA for the same money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
My department issues Bushmasters, we haven't had but a few problems here and there. I think those can be probably be attributed to the mags we issue.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Upper 290 (no CH or BCG)

Complete Lower 150

Leaving you 210 for a BCG a CH and a rear sight based on the 650 pricing you gave in OP
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
umm, same damn gun IIRC.
I know the 308s are the same gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Windham.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#9]
You can build better, cheaper
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Upper 290 (no CH or BCG)

Complete Lower 150

Leaving you 210 for a BCG a CH and a rear sight based on the 650 pricing you gave in OP
View Quote

Cool. Thanks for the links.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#11]
at those prices, why not buy a lot of both and sell them during the next panic, they are practically giving those away
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Upper 290 (no CH or BCG)

Complete Lower 150

or this

Everything but lower 480

And find a lower you like locally (if the price is right and not having to pay a transfer)

and no problem
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd buy a Rock River Arms or a Windham AR before your choices.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
or this

Everything but lower 480

And find a lower you like locally (if the price is right and not having to pay a transfer)

and no problem
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Upper 290 (no CH or BCG)

Complete Lower 150

or this

Everything but lower 480

and no problem
Yep, this is one hell of a deal.  PSA also has other kits and I've found their parts to be top notch.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Well both of this you will need some sort of sights or optic so plan another $150 for that, to get something decent. Even with BUIS sights you will need a metal front sight due to the gas block mounting.

I would go the PSA route.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Either. For a cheap gun, cheaper is better. But a gun in hand is the best gun. So whatever is in stock for cheap, and shipping immediately.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Bushmaster. Mine has only 2 failures to feed due to mags and 2 failures to extract (Tulammo) over the course of 3500 rounds in the past 20 months.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#18]
$150 difference to spend on sights, it's a no brainer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#19]
of those two, only the Bushmaster lists a chrome-lined barrel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bushmaster. Mine has only 2 failures to feed due to mags and 2 failures to extract (Tulammo) over the course of 3500 rounds in the past 20 months.
View Quote

Yep. The AR I have now is a Bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman. I bought it right as the panic started and overpaid, but not as bad as some. I've never had an issue with it, but I haven't shot anywhere near 3500 rounds through it yet. Every time I've pulled the trigger it's gone bang and fairly accurately too considering my mediocre shooting skills.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Of the two choices listed, neither

View Quote

Windham Weaponry is a good choice

Lol its still Bushmaster isnt it?

ETA I dont get the BM hate around here. Fkn lemmings sucking down the latest fads. I remember when BM was one of the most highly recommended rifles on Arfcom lol. What happened to them? Why all the BM hate?

5 yrs ago Arfcom "Just buy the ABC's ARmalite, Bushmaster or Colt" LMFAO

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 on PSA.
Of all the ARs i've seen people use, I've personally witnessed 3 failures that were not magazine or ammo related. 2 were bushmaster and 1 was a dpms. Whether it was  user negligence that caused it, i'm not sure, but I wouldnt trust my life to any of them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[div style='text-align: left;']Windham Weaponry is a good choice

ETA I dont get the BM hate around here. Fkn lemmings sucking down the latest fads. I remember when BM was one of the most highly recommended rifles on Arfcom lol. What happened to them? Why all the BM hate?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']Of the two choices listed, neither

Bushmaster was bought out, and moved to NY.    Windham Weaponry are the original Bushmaster guys.   They bought the old plant and hired back the old employees.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Purple anodizing. Canted and off-set front sight posts. Lugs breaking off of bolts. DPMS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Of the two, I'd urge the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Purple anodizing. Canted and off-set front sight posts. Lugs breaking off of bolts. DPMS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happens with a lot of the "tier 1" brands too, Bushmaster and DPMS are not the only ones.  Ask Ankratz about his BCM with canted sights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Besides all of the COLT ARs that I own.  The only one other AR in the collection, is a pre-ban Bushmaster.  

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bushmaster was bought out, and moved to NY.    Windham Weaponry are the original Bushmaster guys.   They bought the old plant and hired back the old employees.
View Quote
Well that sucks because my Windham made Bushmaster jammed  like a bitch lol Well until I dropped a 9mm buffer in it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I am going to agree with the "build your own" crowd.  Shop around and you can find everything you need for the price you are willing to pay.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#30]
There is ZERO wrong with the lowers...Knowing this, buy the cheaper one then buy a decent BCM upper.... Or scrap that deal & buy a decent lower for $200 & then buy a BCM upper.

I have had both brands, ran both hard & dirty & never failed on me using decent ammo, not wolf crap.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Go PSA w a 1-7 twist.  

I'm still pissed at Bushmaster for the Masada debacle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone knows a bullet is only capable of killing you if it was shot from a rifle that cost $2000.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#34]
All of the choices are better than a Mini14.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Everyone knows a bullet is only capable of killing you if it was shot from a rifle that cost $2000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#36]
You can build a good PSA with a high quality barrel for $500 or less. Mine came out to $400 or so, without chasing deals, or doing more than assembling a lower.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#37]
cant speak much about DPMS except their parts kits work.  I have 2 Bushmaster uppers and no issues with either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top