Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/25/2014 7:19:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the Fuck Erik Prince crowd.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
he's right
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
He's the "break glass in case of emergency " kind of guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to read that after work. I started reading his book a couple of nights ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
That's what happens when you don't pay your protection money to the democrats.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe Im naive to a fault in loving this country, but I think we can be great again if the rights things were to happen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much.  He's the guy that is detested and maligned by the limousine liberal....until he's needed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't say I disagree with what he said, and I think I would be even more pissed if I went through the shit he went through.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Our country needs mental help.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Maybe Im naive to a fault in loving this country, but I think we can be great again if the rights things were to happen.
View Quote

When was the last time we moved in that direction?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I just finished the article.  He's not saying anything that would be news to anyone paying attention.

How anyone can contemplate doing business with the US as a start up or doing "business" with us in international relations is beyond me.

As a nation we are a total "flake" can cannot be relied upon to make rational decisions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

We are still "king" of technological innovation in the silicon valley sense.  Entertainment and pop culture as well.  Our armaments industry is supreme, but losing market share as a strictly US effort; that said, it only remains in place because it is heavily subsidized to keep production lines running so they could ramp up if necessary.

I don't think we're out there conquering new markets.  With the advancement in frakking and oil sands recovery (and the like0 We could be 10x the energy powerhouse of the middle east, but "green" politics make that expensive.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

Dont make me question myself!

Maybe the incrementalization over the past 50 years will be the straw that broke the camels back?  Or maybe it will be O Care...

If that POS doesnt change peoples minds then I'll agree that were lost.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

What are the right things?  Please tell me.  I am way too cynical,realistic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Seems he was a pretty valuable asset before the political winds shifted, and the "BUSH LIED, PEOPLE DIED!" party took power.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems he was a pretty valuable asset before the political winds shifted, and the "BUSH LIED, PEOPLE DIED!" party took power.  

Vilified by the State Department for doing what they asked him to do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's ironic that State personally blamed him for actions of operators on the ground in Baghdad when he was thousands of miles away (they went on the Debarred list over that, didn't they?) and yet the Sec of State all the way down get a total pass for Benghazi.

I would say it looks like a double standard if I didn't know better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious question.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Our country  electorate needs mental help.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Pretty much.  He's the guy that is detested and maligned by the limousine liberal....until he's needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Detested by the same people who would be calling Academi if half the stuff happening overseas started happening stateside.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

Well, you can't count on every shitbird politician to drop dead of a stroke.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Who would trust us, and why in the hell should they?  Seriously.  I said this over-and-over during the Iraq war, and none of my liberal friends (since dropped and no-longer-associated-with) gave a flying sh*t.

We're the absolute All-Time-World-Champions of cutting-and-running.  When the going gets tough, you can absolutely count on the fickle, risk-averse US electorate (and the politicians it elects) to run away.  And if you have a politician who won't cut-n-run (like Dubya), just wait a few years and let the anti-war Left and their media allies work their magic.  Our current administration got out of Iraq just as fast as they could, and that was all that mattered to them.  They couldn't even be bothered to negotiate a SOFA, or get a permanent US military base or two, as a partial payment for all the blood-and-treasure we spent there.  And what has happened?  Fallujah has fallen to the terrorists... again.  What a slap in the face to all the Americans who died to free that city.  

This was the lesson taught to Bin Laden after the BlackHawk-Down Mogadishu incident.  All you have to do is kill a few dozen Americans, and the United States will run away.  

This is the lesson taught to the Shia in Southern Iraq after the first Gulf War, when Bush Sr. urged them to rise up, then stood by while Saddam committed genocide against them.  Is it any wonder they weren't itching to throw in with us again?

Who would trust us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just finished the article.  He's not saying anything that would be news to anyone paying attention.

How anyone can contemplate doing business with the US as a start up or doing "business" with us in international relations is beyond me.

As a nation we are a total "flake" can cannot be relied upon to make rational decisions.

Who would trust us, and why in the hell should they?  Seriously.  I said this over-and-over during the Iraq war, and none of my liberal friends (since dropped and no-longer-associated-with) gave a flying sh*t.

We're the absolute All-Time-World-Champions of cutting-and-running.  When the going gets tough, you can absolutely count on the fickle, risk-averse US electorate (and the politicians it elects) to run away.  And if you have a politician who won't cut-n-run (like Dubya), just wait a few years and let the anti-war Left and their media allies work their magic.  Our current administration got out of Iraq just as fast as they could, and that was all that mattered to them.  They couldn't even be bothered to negotiate a SOFA, or get a permanent US military base or two, as a partial payment for all the blood-and-treasure we spent there.  And what has happened?  Fallujah has fallen to the terrorists... again.  What a slap in the face to all the Americans who died to free that city.  

This was the lesson taught to Bin Laden after the BlackHawk-Down Mogadishu incident.  All you have to do is kill a few dozen Americans, and the United States will run away.  

This is the lesson taught to the Shia in Southern Iraq after the first Gulf War, when Bush Sr. urged them to rise up, then stood by while Saddam committed genocide against them.  Is it any wonder they weren't itching to throw in with us again?

Who would trust us?

I don't even trust us.  Iraq is a good example.  You have to have been there to see how flaky it was.

What was told to me as our first priority in Iraq;  Training ISF, Infrastructure protection, defending the civilian population, etc.

Seriously these were our strategic priorities, and they were all over teh place.  why?  no strategy.  Complete goat rope.

An example that can be applied to basically all we try to do internationallly as of late.  clusterfuck, and once we've gotten involved and made the situation unworkable.  Later bitches, we're out of here, have fun and take care during the impending massacre.  Hope it turns out alright for you.

Or "You fucked up Flounder. You trusted us."
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I would never do business for Communist China as I belie  war with China is inevitable.

The majority of Americans have become parasites or fools and the people they have put in control of our Senate and Executive are absolutely dedicated to destroying this country. It is ironic though that those same liberals who admire Communist China serve the same boss as Erik Prince now does.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to throw cold water on your hopes, but Prince is right.  The idea of this country is still great, but the people don't want to be great.  They want to be fat, dumb, and happy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes,  outlawing hoodrats from getting an abortion and keeping fags from getting married will turn shit around right quick.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#28]
There's only one way to fix things: revolution
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
he's right
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#30]
And yet Blackwater XE Academi is still chugging along making millions of dollars in American contracts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#31]

To critics and conspiracy theorists, he is a mercenary war-profiteer. To admirers, he's a patriot who has repeatedly answered America's call with bravery and creativity.

Now, sitting in a boardroom above Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour, he explains his newest title, acquired this month: chairman of Frontier Services Group, an Africa-focused security and logistics company with intimate ties to China's largest state-owned conglomerate, Citic Group. Beijing has titanic ambitions to tap Africa's resources—including $1 trillion in planned spending on roads, railways and airports by 2025—and Mr. Prince wants in.
View Quote

Is it just me, or does that have all of the elements necessary for a really good dystopian, SciFi thriller?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

And you'd have to be allowed to move in that direction. Overbearing, overreaching government doesn't happen as an accidental by product of goodwill as much as a desire to control and manipulate the environment of everyone's lives.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

And yet Blackwater XE Academi is still chugging along making millions of dollars in American contracts.
View Quote
He left in 2009.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
he's right
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Capital fears uncertainty more than anything.

And then on the flip side if you just sit on your money you get raped by 0% savings accounts and inflation.

So, do you start a business that could be regulated out of existence on a whim or do you off-shore your money and weigh the loss from inflation against the loss from taxes?

OR do you off-shore your money and then invest part of it in emerging markets.

Without a doubt the policies coming from out benevolent overlords and the saturating talk of income inequality is driving capital out of the nation.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Who would trust us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who would trust us?

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's ironic that State personally blamed him for actions of operators on the ground in Baghdad when he was thousands of miles away (they went on the Debarred list over that, didn't they?) and yet the Sec of State all the way down get a total pass for Benghazi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so much as a double standard, as the usual way of things in Washington.  Inaction will never get you in trouble.  Action is what gets you in trouble.  The city is entrenched with high level bureaucrats who got where they are buy never taking risk, and watching as people around them fell by the wayside for political expediency, being too connected to one act or another by one part or another.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have known that he would be a political heat shield when the time was right.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

That ship has sailed.

There many members of the Free Shit Army for this country to return to the greatness that was once America.

From now on (with the political power the FSA has) it is just how much the wealth of the country is going to be stolen each year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There's only one way to fix things: revolution
View Quote

That's crazy talk.

(it would be a counter-revolution and everyone knows those are bad)
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm trying to remember when was the last time I thought that something useful came out of Foggy Bottom.

I can't remember.

I haven't got Alzheimer's, either. Good luck to Mr. Prince. I'm sure that State will decide that part of their mission is to attack whatever business he does on another continent. If I was him, I'd offer to provide free security to the Consulate in Benghazi as soon as the bullshit department started running its mouth.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

There's only one way to fix things: revolutionary thinking

View Quote

Fixed it.

Despite the bravado embraced on many forums, the average American has no intention of changing anything, especially if it requires them to put in any effort.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes,  outlawing hoodrats from getting an abortion and keeping fags from getting married will turn shit around right quick.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, convincing Americans that the traditional family unit is not required to get and stay out of poverty has been so successful
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He left in 2009.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He left in 2009.  

Now he's making Millions in Chinese contracts.

He's a whore, upset that his oldest and bestest client felt guilty about cheating and stopped buying him jewelry.  But, now he's found a new client with deep pockets and less qualms about whoring around.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who would trust us?

Have we already begin to twist the narrative to a "blame Obama" one?

This administration is fucked up with Iraq, but were they to use the current please from the GoI for help as leverage for a real SOFA, it would be the Right that would pounce on that and rip them to shreds, and GD would be in a frenzy about how stupid it would be to send anyone to Iraq.  The American public quit on it.  Despite the rhetoric about US leadership shaping outcomes, ultimately, most US leadership takes the easy way out and follows the mob sentiments.

That has always traditionally been the weakness of a democratic society - we are only as reliable as the mob.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That ship has sailed.

There many members of the Free Shit Army for this country to return to the greatness that was once America.

From now on (with the political power the FSA has) it is just how much the wealth of the country is going to be stolen each year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That ship has sailed.

Not just FSA but Cronyism. Over-regulation has created so many barriers to market entry, all designed to protect who ever can donate the most to the polticos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Regulations? Liberals told me that everything was deregulated by the evil Bush dictatorship
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He left in 2009.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He left in 2009.  

I would be surprised if he didn't still have money invested in it although it might not be in his name.  But my point was he acts like the govt shunned his company.  They never stopped using him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I would never do business for Communist China as I belie  war with China is inevitable.

The majority of Americans have become parasites or fools and the people they have put in control of our Senate and Executive are absolutely dedicated to destroying this country. It is ironic though that those same liberals who admire Communist China serve the same boss as Erik Prince now does.
View Quote

Anyone who now works US gov contracts serves this end, according to your thesis.

China is a customer of his.  Doesn't make him a traitor.  Why would he do anything involving the US, given how hard he was burned?  Prince doesn't provide "armed" services for China because he's probably legally bound from doing so because I am certain he likely held a clearance until very recently.  So he's doing logistics.  Nothing wrong with serving a market.  It is telling that China is the one country committed to bringing capitalism to Africa.  Predatory capitalism, to be sure.  But at least they aren't taking over the governments (overtly anyway) and at least they aren't imposing wide eyed idealistic restrictions that are completely inconsistent with the facts and circumstances of the local environment.

Go read the foreign corrupt practices act.  Do you think you can do business in any part of the third world as a US company that simultaneously does business with the US Gov with that as the law?  Nope.  You are being held responsible for circumstances you neither control nor can correct.

ETA spelling, context
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top