Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2001 6:05:54 PM EDT
Hey guys I have been out for a while due to training and recently got transfered to Quantico Va.  I am wondering if there are any AR15 friendly stores in the area and if there are any good gunstores in general.  Any input would greatly appreciated.

Max
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done all my buying through the internet or mail order but here are 2 stores I know of...

DAWSONS SPORTING GOODS    
14510 JEFFERSON DAVIS HWY,  WOODBRIDGE,  VA  22191  Phone: (703)256-5115  

I was there this past friday and they mostly have bolt guns, but I did see 2 or 3 AR's and a FAL.

CLARK BROTHERS GUN SHOP    
WARRENTON,  VA  20186
Phone: (540)439-8988  

They have a small range behind their store, but to shoot, you have to buy their ammo.   I haven't browsed there in awhile so I'm not sure what they have.  

BTW, since you are in Virginia... check out this post for the Virginia Shoot.  Its this Saturday the 21st.
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=13063[/url]

Link Posted: 4/15/2001 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the two from 7, I have purchased from both with good results.  Two other places you may want to check out are

Shooters Paradise
Marumsco Plaza
13979 Jefferson Davis HWY.
Woodbridge, VA 22191
703-491-4867

And if you are up farther north, to check out the NRA HQ Museum take a look at:
A&A (AKA All American) Guns
on RT. 50 (don't have the address handy, but it is in a small building near Fairfax High School)
703-352-1922
They have the best selection of AR's anywhere around here. Usually 8-20, and always have some other neat arms.  Just know what you are looking for, the fat guy (if you have gone in there you know who I am talking about) has told me blatant lies before to try to sell me stuff.  That really pisses me off, but I just give the 'o OK' and talk to someone else or leave.  Anyway, hope that helps.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Virginia is pretty lame for full time gun stores that deal is the toys we like to play with.  Their idea of product diversity is carrying Winchester, Marlin, and Remington.  Bubba is alive and well here!  (Funny thing is, the only official "Bubba" I know of digs FAL's)

Those who deal in your type of toys frequent gun shows.  The best in the state is the Richmond show at the Showplace.  Convienient that this one is also the closest to me.  Do not go to the Fairgrounds Show if you choose to come to Richmond.  It's much more of an antique show than the ads imply.

I hope we have good weather on Saturday.  I'm already starting to think about what to take.  The only definate is the .455!  Don't leave home without it!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 3:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
All American Guns (good AR selection, if they don't have it there, they will get it for you.)
[url]www.allamericanguns.com[/url]
(703)352-1922
9917-B Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22030

Blue Ridge Arsenal (off Rt.50 in Chantilly)
[url]www.blueridgearsenal.com[/url]
I don't see much AR there but they have an indoor pistol range that you can rent your pistol (anything)
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have no idea what driftpunch is talking about. VA has plenty of great gun stores.

VA Arms
Manassas, VA
703-368-3949 Ask for Bernie or Patrick.
They always have at least 10 ARs in the store.
Great doing business with them. Fair transfer fees as well.

Louden Guns, Inc.
Leesburg, VA
703-771-7479
Always have ARS,FAls, etc.

What Sniperm88 said about the big guy. A string of bad experiences have assured that I will never buy anything major at All-American Guns again.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
SNIPERm88 and Rocket,

Something about the "Fat guy" that I don't know of? I have dealt with him most of the time. In the beginning, I thought he was OK, but then lately I started to see what you guys mean. I have to check out VA arms in Manassas.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]
OH, I forgot about VA Arms in Manassas.  Bernie is a good guy to deal with.  He does transfers for 15 dollars.

Do they do gunsmith work there?  I'd like to get a pair of night sights installed on my pistol...  Guess I'll call him up.

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, Bernie put some nite sights on for me. I think he farms out the major stuff..
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The first problem is me being 19, I don't look young but I don't think I look 25 either.  So I usually get the 'what are you doing here' look.  Then I go in and ask a couple of questions that I know the answer to and see how they respond.  On more than one occasion the 'big' guy has tried to baffle me with bull s#it, I hate that crap.  On the other hand the guys at Virginia Arms in Manassas are exactly the opposite.  I have only been in there a couple of times however; they are more than helpful.  I was asking them about carrying full size vs. compact and the guy I was talking too called some of the guys from the back and we talked about carrying and what they used for weapon and holsters.  It was very helpful and with no side dish of BS.

7, transfers for 15 dollars! That is half the price I have found.  I guess thats were I will be going. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#10]
For a little bit of a drive furhter south.  You guys need to check out Greentop!

It is north of Richmond, off of route 1 in Glen Allen, VA.  It is VA's largest supplier of firearms, tackle, archery, and clothing.  Place is amazing.  From Quantico, you might be able to get there w/in one hour.

If you drive south, you'll need to exit on Elmond Altee? and go toward route 1.  For further info, give them a call at 804-550-2188.

BTW, no afiliation w/ Greentop.

John, purchased many firearms from there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Potomac Arms in old town alexandria take route 1 to union street and head right towards the river.  If you purchase an AR be sure an proudly display it as you walk towards your car.  The people of old town are known for thier views on second ammendment.."its the one we don't need"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top