Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2002 9:01:48 AM EDT
I haven't had birch beer in quite a few years.  Anybody here drink it?  What's a good brand?

Edited title to make people take notice. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
i loved birch beer when i was a kid. i have not seen it out in AZ. i grew up in MA but cant remember the brand i drank. i have also tried Boylans birch beer which is great but not the brand i grew up drinking. here is a link [url]http://www.beersince1933.com/boylans.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
ok i found the brand i grew up drinking. its Polar brand birch beer.this is my fav birch beer. i dont think youd find it out in CO though.
[url]http://www.polarbev.com/products_flavor_birchbeer.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I had some recently by Stewart's, but it was too much like ginger ale and not as good as Sioux City.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Love the Souix City Birch Beer.  Best I've had.  Good Sasparilla too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
marvl you bastard!
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
marvl you bastard!
View Quote

Still, it was clever. I would've never looked at this thread if it hadn't been for the title. The whole time it was loading I was thinking "how the hell can this guy possibly use birch beer for sex, in any way that the common beer or root beer would not suffice? This is going to be good..."

Bait and switch, marvl. A low blow. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, you can always dip your wanker in BB and have your woman puff the skin bong!
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, you can always dip your wanker in BB and have your woman puff the skin bong!
View Quote

Very true, but wouldn't regular beer or or root beer work just as well, or even better when you factor in the greater availability? I meant something you can do with birch beer, that you can't do with something similar.

I haven't ever tried birch beer, but I've heard it mentioned. Does it taste like root beer, Or any other soda?
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#9]
What the hell is birch beer?Clue me in guys.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless it's the "right" girl I've always found strong liquor to work best.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
try pilsner beer, works great in bed
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Borealis Birch Beer by Journey Softbrews.  A little pricy, but its great stuff.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Now my memory may be a little clouded by the sands of time here, but...

The best birch beer I ever had was genuine stuff brewed by Knife Lake Dorothy and her sister. These were a pair of old women that lived on an island on Knife Lake near Ely Minnesota just outside the Quantico Provincial Forest. They ran a little trading post and catered to the canoe/outfitter trade. In the winter they cut ice and put it up in their cold house. All summer they would sell home brewed birch beer (natural fermented carbonation and mildly alcoholic) that they put up in old Coke bottles. What an experience for a 14 year old after 10 days on the water!

You're not going to find it in any of the local quick markets though... try Franks for that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to love it in my youth. I grew up in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey and it was bottled by Brookdale Beverages. I cant't find it here in Texas. However, I managed to find Taylor Pork Roll, nothing like it. john

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What the hell is birch beer?Clue me in guys.
View Quote

It's basically a type of rootbeer with a slightly medicinal taste to it.  Pretty good stuff actually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top