Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2014 8:21:29 AM EDT
I'm biting my tongue for the moment, but I ordered an "in stock" item from a site sponsor last Saturday and there has been no movement on the order or response to inquiries (email and VM).  This isnt the Christmas season or a week after Newtown.  What gives?

FTR its NOT Palmetto.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm biting my tongue for the moment, but I ordered an "in stock" item from a site sponsor last Saturday and there has been no movement on the order or response to inquiries (email and VM).  This isnt the Christmas season or a week after Newtown.  What gives?

FTR its NOT Palmetto.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#2]
That's too long, IMO.

A big company that specializes in internet sales? 24 hrs, tops.

A smaller brick and mortar shop that doesn't do internet sales as it's chief business? 48 hrs, tops. UPS, etc. can pick it up by then.

(Not counting weekends)
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
you waiting on DSG arms as well?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I say 4 to 5 days max. I understand your busy but I'm not waiting 2 week for you to ship something. First world problems I know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
"In stock" is one of the most abused terms on the internet.  Almost as bad as "mil-spec".
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#7]
larue rifles? maybe 2 years max?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess I will give them until the end of day Monday.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I would guess Entreprise but they are not a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Feb 31st.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered from PSA at the same time at this order and the brown truck just left the house from PSA.  still no word on anything from this company though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FTR its NOT Palmetto.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=60384

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Feb 31st.
View Quote

You silly boy! Errybody knows February only has 30 days!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Still not a peep. How long would you wait before disputing the credit card charge?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#15]
before 1pm the next day (thanks SKD )

seriously though 60hrs max

Quoted:
Still not a peep. How long would you wait before disputing the credit card charge?
View Quote

10days?

1) order
4) bitch to them through appropriate channels about not shipping
6) Bitch on arfcom about lack of shipping
10) dispute charge?

ETA: how do you know they haven't shipped? ALso, feel free to post in my "first world problems" thread
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered from DSG arms a few times. One time the item did not show backorder, so I placed the order. Four weeks later I still hadn't heard anything so I called them, I get a "that item is out of stock". "Thanks a lot" I said, and I hung up after cancelling. I decided to give them another chance and the same thing happens, then they call me two months later and ask me if I want the item I previously ordered. I respond with this. 'the item I previously ordered has been in stock at other retailers for months now, so I decided to order from someone that actually takes the time to keep an accurate inventory, no thank you". It took that item so long to hit their inventory that my credit card had expired, and I guess they figured they had a sucker just waiting for them to finally get their inventory straight, because the CC wouldn't process. No thank you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Charge dispute in progress. Rockwell Arms. Posted in their industry forum, left a vm, left an email....zero response. Order status is still listed "new order"
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered a single in stock magazine from Classic Arms in early December and it took 2 weeks to see any change in status.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's too long, IMO.

A big company that specializes in internet sales? 24 hrs, tops.

A smaller brick and mortar shop that doesn't do internet sales as it's chief business? 48 hrs, tops. UPS, etc. can pick it up by then.

(Not counting weekends)
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I ordered a single in stock magazine from Classic Arms in early December and it took 2 weeks to see any change in status.
View Quote

I am a small business owner, and I understand all the challenges that could delay this order.  As someone else said, I believe the issue here is that they listed the item in stock and it never was. In stock is indeed an abused term.  I'm even more suspicious now that the item is out of stock.

There's still no excuse for the lack of communication. This isn't a peak season. Even if they were all at SHOT, that has been over for a week.

The charge dispute will take several days to turn around, so maybe they will get it together.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

They better not be charging before it's out the door.

But if it's on your next statement and hasn't shipped, then bar the door Maisie
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's charged to my card already and the phone number showing next to the charge on the online statement is no longer in service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top