Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/23/2014 3:35:17 AM EDT
This is what those patriotic, freedom loving, potheads have in mind for the futures of our  country.

Mainstreaming the useof drugs into society; what could possibly go wrong?

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-costco-of-weed-170505979.html

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the problem? They do not seem to be doing any harm. Now if they are anti-gun well fuckem'
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is what those patriotic, freedom loving, potheads have in mind for the futures of our  country.

View Quote

Because you'll soon have ads for weed sandwiched between the ads for beer and dick pills?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Like all of the cigarette ads we see on TV?

Who really gives a shit if someone enjoys a legal activity
and it harms no one?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet you are pissed they repealed prohibition too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, yes lets keep everything exactly how it is.  Since pot prohibition and the War on Drugs is going so well I can see how you can make that argument.  

After all, the more laws to comply with the more safe we are, eh comrade?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, yes lets keep everything exactly how it is.  Since pot prohibition and the War on Drugs is going so well I can see how you can make that argument.  

View Quote

Nothing will pull our country out of  the shithole it's already in than mainstreaming dug use into society thereby creating more lazy, non-producitve, but otherwise satisfied, dopers; eh hippie?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#7]
yes, because you know alcohol and nicotine are illegal too................
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]
OP sure is full of confidence in his assessment of the situation.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

you sure do troll a lot
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Wholesome liqour stores would never do that.

Expanding to give their customers wider selections and cheaper prices. What a bunch of faggots.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Next thing you know, those dopers will have our kids listening to jazz, I tell ya.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Marijuana used to be legal.  So was morphine and opium.  And home-distilled hooch, suppressors and machineguns.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#13]
You should start a club OP:

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#14]
What I'm most afraid of out of all this dope business is the proliferation of weed-related XBox Live gamertags.

Because every single person with a weed-related gamertag is a complete and insufferable douche.  

GanjaMaster420 and his cousin XxXBluntNinjaXxX, whoever they are, are the lowest known form of life on this planet, I guarantee you.

It used to give me some solace that at least they were criminals.  

I guess now we're supposed to just let them run free in the wild to spread their ignorant mic spam griefer douchebaggery?  Not good, fellas.  Not good.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#15]
OP hates freedom.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Looks like its time to down a fifth of vodka
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Jesus Christ.  Some people.

Would you be upset at a Costco of liquor?  Oh, shit, wait...Costco already sells booze.  The downfall of the American family is imminent!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny stuff, for sure.

You know, I can't even walk past a bar without going in and getting drunk these days.  Let's not even talk about those evil guns.  Oh, I forgot little girls, lot's of little girls.

OP, I hope you are trolling.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#21]
The horror!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nothing will pull our country out of  the shithole it's already in than mainstreaming dug use into society thereby creating more lazy, non-producitve, but otherwise satisfied, dopers; eh hippie?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Few things piss me off more than some worthless piece of shit pot head pretending to be a productive member of society.

Drug users generally don't contribute anything positive to society, what little they try to contribute is generally fucked because they are too high to get it right.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Next thing you know, those dopers will have our kids listening to jazz, I tell ya.
View Quote

I heard that Negros like that music.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Because you'll soon have ads for weed sandwiched between the ads for beer and dick pills?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget all sorts of Rx anti depressants, blood pressure meds, cholesterol, fat loss bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#25]
When it is legal you still wont have to smoke it and you wont have to pay for the enforcement, prosecution, defense and incarceration against it.
If sold in a store it will actually put money into the market instead of the black market, it will be taxed at sale and personal income tax..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tobacco, Alcohol, Caffeine, Prescription for anyone who complains of an ailment. I think we are already there bro. Pot should be the least of your worries. Watch any sporting even on TV and tell me Alcohol isn't mainstream.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Few things piss me off more than some worthless piece of shit pot head pretending to be a productive member of society.

Drug users generally don't contribute anything positive to society, what little they try to contribute is generally fucked because they are too high to get it right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steve Jobs is on line 1... he wants you to send his bong back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because its the legal status that stops people from doing it. Oh wait, it's illegal and 48 states, banned federally in 50, and is still one of the most popular drugs in the world.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you are equally as confident as OP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are differences between drug users and drug abusers.  As a frequent consumer of caffeine and alcohol and occasional popper of Advil, I am a "drug user".  I voluntarily put a chemical into my bloodstream to modify my perceptions and/or abilities.  I'm more productive than I'd like to be (once you exclude my fucking off on ARFCom during the work day).  I know a LOT of people more productive than I who will smoke a joint the way I enjoy a glass of scotch.

Now, I grew up in an urban shit hole filled with the kind of people you describe above.  The fact the pot was illegal didn't prevent them from getting it.  When they couldn't abuse that, they would drink themselves unconscious.  Broken people will keep themselves broken, regardless of the legal status of the hammer they use.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I love how many of the folks on this very website whine the loudest about "public school indoctrination" yet come and show such staunch hatred of marijuana, something they were most likely indoctrinated to hate via government programs in school.

Guess that indoctrination works, eh?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Its going to spread like a California wildfire once Colorado posts how much they made this month in pot revenue from taxing it next month. If there is one thing politicians cant refuse its money and lord knows they have made a bunch of it this month alone just from taxes.

ETA: I dont care if it is legal or not. I dont really think its any worse than booze or tobacco.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Alcohol?

Also, Marijuana is already mainstream. Just as many, if not more, people partake in marijuana than partake in alcohol.

If they legalize that in Minnesota I am going to never look at being a police officer again, exit the military, and grow the fuck out of weed to make my million dollars 100% legally.

And never smoke a single toke.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There are differences between drug users and drug abusers.  As a frequent consumer of caffeine and alcohol and occasional popper of Advil, I am a "drug user".  I voluntarily put a chemical into my bloodstream to modify my perceptions and/or abilities.  I'm more productive than I'd like to be (once you exclude my fucking off on ARFCom during the work day).  I know a LOT of people more productive than I who will smoke a joint the way I enjoy a glass of scotch.

Now, I grew up in an urban shit hole filled with the kind of people you describe above.  The fact the pot was illegal didn't prevent them from getting it.  When they couldn't abuse that, they would drink themselves unconscious.  Broken people will keep themselves broken, regardless of the legal status of the hammer they use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you grow up in North O?

You are spot on!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did you grow up in North O?

You are spot on!
View Quote

No, the South Bronx.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on the "want more freedom" side.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then ban alcohol too. Whoops! We tried that; it failed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

So it's better that this is the retail outlet...

Than this...

Fuckin' dopers! Legalize it and then they'll open stores and pay property taxes and shit. Fuck!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#41]
here's a link to the whole story, as opposed to the Readers Digest version which is generally preferred by alcoholics:

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_24943347
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use gratuitous assertions much?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  That's irrelevant.  The question is "who are you or I to tell someone what they may or may not put into their own (as in not mine or yours) body?"

Anyone who advocates keeping it illegal is basically saying that if it were up to them, they would forcibly prevent and/or punish anyone who wanted to or decided to use the stuff.  Instead, they just get the govt. to do it for them.  None of us have the moral authority to do that. If it's wrong for one person to use force to prevent someone from toking, then it's wrong for any number of people and a govt... and it is wrong.  Busy-body control freaks need to go away and are a large part of the reason we're going down the tubes. Unfortunately, whether it's guns, weed or soda, these people comprise a large chunk of the population.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#43]
lol so?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Once you prohibit something you loose all control over it.  That is why cartels exist!  True freedom means having the freedom to make bad choices.  The war on drugs and all other forms of prohibition have always been obismal failures and lead directly to violent crime!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what if weed turns some people into lazy retards with no short term memory?  It's their brain, let them fry it.

From your statement it seems you believe that people 'owe' it to society to be productive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Marijuana used to be legal.  So was morphine and opium.  And home-distilled hooch, suppressors and machineguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then somebody came along and outlawed fun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Whoopee....

So pot becoming a legal commodity and taking money out of the cartels pocket and away from street dealers is bad?

It's a weed. A plant. It grows. People smoke it and become stupid and boring.

So what.

A certain percentage of the population does not want to live in reality with the rest of us. That percentage has remained stable in spite of the 40+ year "War on Drugs".

The only thing the " War on Drugs" has succeeded in doing is restrict out liberties and provide leverage for those who would enslave us.

Time to try something new.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Things like alcohol and other mind-altering substances act as a sort of "decency filter".  They make it much easier to separate the decent people (who either are capable of maintaining a modicum of sanity when partaking or choose not to partake), and shitstains that I'd likely not like too much even if they were sober.

I'm all for these sorts of filters.  They make my life easier.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Line of guys at the pot shop look like they could all be ARFcommers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Line of guys at the pot shop look like they could all be ARFcommers.
View Quote

Why do you think we have so many addled posters in the marijuana threads in the middle of the day?  Those guys lining up are the Somalis and Paulbots trying to disguise themselves!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top