Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2002 6:28:41 PM EDT
Actress Jessica Lange, who last month proclaimed in Spain how she “despises” President Bush and that because Bush's Iraq policy “is unconstitutional, immoral and illegal,” it is “an embarrassing time to be an American...it's humiliating,” campaigned on Monday on behalf of Minnesota Senate candidate Walter Mondale, sharing the stage with him at at least one rally.

Tuesday's Good Morning America, MRC analyst Jessica Anderson noticed, showed a quick clip of her with a soundbite, but failed to inform viewers of her anti-American hatred. FNC's Brit Hume, however, reminded viewers of his program of her earlier left-wing rant.

During a November 5 Good Morning America story on Mondale's campaign schedule the day before, John Cochran noted: "Noon, Mondale gets celebrity help from actress Jessica Lange."
    Viewers then saw a clip of Lange proclaiming at an outdoor rally: "We've been blessed to have somebody like Fritz Mondale."

Tuesday's Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported: “At the get-out-the-vote rally with other DFL candidates and about 1,000 supporters, actress Jessica Lange, a Minnesota native, criticized Coleman as a candidate who would 'just be a voice for the administration.'
    "'I was born and raised in Minnesota. I know that Minnesotans are stubborn and independent and I know that's where I get those qualities,' she said. 'What we have to determine is whether we are going to choose someone who speaks for us or are we going to allow outside influences to choose who our candidate is?'”

That story is online at: http://www.startribune.com/stories/587/3410299.html

For a Reuters photo of Mondale with Lange after the rally: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/021105/161/2lz8w.html

Lange made her anti-Bush and anti-American remarks at a press conference before a film festival in Spain in late September. The syndicated show Inside Edition later ran these soundbites from her:
    -- On George W. Bush: “I despise him. I despise his administration and everything they stand for.”
    -- “To my mind the election was stolen by George Bush and we have been suffering ever since under this man's leadership.”
    -- “And I think this latest thing with Iraq is absolute madness and I'm stunned that there is not opposition on a much more global scale to what he's talking about.”
    -- “There has to be a movement now to really oppose what he is proposing because it's unconstitutional, it's immoral and basically illegal.”
    -- “It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It's humiliating.”

For a full rundown of stories about her comments, both in Europe and the U.S., and a RealPLayer video clip of what Inside Edition showed, see the October 7 CyberAlert: http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2002/cyb20021007.asp#5
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I say, "[sex]" her
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
She's hardly equivalent to Hanoi Jane, just another Hollyweird malcontent liberal who thinks that a career of pretending to be other people somehow gives her more clout than the average American.  What I've never really understood, is how these actors/actresses bitch about Republicans being for the wealthy, hate the poor, hate minorities, etc, when they give little of themselves (for the most part their idea of a charity event is getting wine, dined, entertained, and given gifts to make a short appearance at some gala), are involved in a profession that is pretty closed to non-whites, and even "poor" actors (poor is [i]so[/i] many ways) make far more than the average Joe.

I've given up on caring what these idiots say.  I think most people (except the hoplessly deluded leftists) recognize that actors are for the most part dumber than boxes of rocks, are poorly educated, and hypocritical.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
/shrug.

Head over to DU and you can get plenty more of where that came from. I don't think that's equivalent to what Fonda did, however.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
She's just a liberal scumbag.  Those dirty politicians that pulled this while on their Eurotrash tour were far worse in my opinion.  They represented our country on that visit.

Pretty fucking far from a Hanoi Jane though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Who is Jessica Lange?
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
A once hitable actress who has not been hitable for at least a decade.

[img]pweb.netcom.com/~mattja/pics/JessicaLange01.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

...just another Hollyweird malcontent liberal who thinks that a career of pretending to be other people somehow gives her more clout than the average American...
View Quote

Yep.  That sums it up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to feel better, select chapter 15 on your [i]Rob Roy[/i] DVD.[devil]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
King Kong nailed her, if I'm not mistaken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top