Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2002 3:17:49 PM EDT
Ive only played PS2 games but Id have to say redfaction 1&2 were awsome...time splitters1 had awsome play but didnt like the story line or inability to sneak up on the computer. GTA3 and vice city are awsome but not really 1st person. I with they would come out with a new perfect dark game(nin64 orinally). Anybody have any recomendations for rentals? My sis is getting the cube for christmas and I hear metroid is awsome so I'll have to rent it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
star trek elite force on PC is fun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Halo for the XBOX is freaking amazing - and there is a Perfect Dark sequel coming out for the XBOX as well.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
starcraft&warcraft is as fancy as I get on this 233 pentium superputer[:E]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea I thought about saving for an Xbox after seeing the dead to rights commercial. I might have to get one if they come out perfect dark. I think the Xbox's processor is twice that of PS2.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,516508,00.html[/url]

Start saving my friend. The XBOX is sweet. Medal of Honor is sweet as hell as is the demo I played of Splinter Cell.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/7/2002 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I just looked at some screenshots of splintercell and it looks pretty wicked. looks like you get to use thermal vision. I would have bought the xbox last year if I had known game support would be behind it. I might have to put the 16"upper on hold for awhile.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
DOD, is the best !
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
whats DOD?
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a PC and buy Operation Flaspoint, that game kicks some major azz!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
HALO is the greatest FPS ever made for any platform, bar none.  I only wish it were available for the PC (as it will be sometime, hurry up damnit), the multiplayer options the PC would unleash would make it even better...  If you strictly want to stick to modern times, then Operation Flashpoint probably gets my vote.  I normally like to stick to strictly modern realistic stuff, but HALO just gets everything right in it.  You need to play it...

For third person games, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell for the Xbox, Hitman 2 on the PC (or Xbox too I believe), and GTA Vice City for PS2 take the top honors.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't know what they used to go for, but seen XBOX for sale at Best Buy for $199 with 2 games and S-controller.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
About a third of the plot, and the setting for Halo is a ripoff of Larry Nivens ringworld... I just beat it in like 10 hours, multi's sweet, love those plasma grenades
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I like Rogue spear on dreamcast. It's not the best but it's fun and can be difficult.

HALO is unreal, old roomate had one of the first xboxs out. Got to get me one of those!
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I couldnt get into metal gear for the PS2 because of the controls and third person. Although GTA is 3rd but I got used to it. Hitman,dead to rights and maxpayne are all third person and Im hoping I will be confortable with the controls like Iam with GTA because all 3 look awsome. I guess I got so accustomed to quake,007 and perfect dark. Getting a new pc is out of the question but I might have to get an Xbox.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
MOHAA for the PC gets my vote.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#16]
DOD is day of defeat its a half life addon similar to counter-strike.. (but old war setting) personally I dont care for it.. Medal of honor for the pc is the best shooter i've played to date for single player. Metroid on the gamecube is AWSOME as long as you dont expect a TYPICAL shooter game.. its more enviromental and atmosphere.. its not too hard puzzel solving or anything, but its not a doom copy either.. there is some enemies but not alot.. you wont spend all your time fighting..
Halo on the expect was pretty good, but if you think its earth shattering you ovbiously haven't played many FPS games.. any FPS on a console is just going to pale to pc for multiple reasons (controll being one of those) and in general the pc games have the ability to look far superior with high end systems.. that being said.. the xbox is pretty much a pc.. And no the xbox's pc is not REALLY twice as fast as the ps2.. both systems use completely different architecture, when you say the ps2 has a 300 or 350 mhz processor in it you cannot directly compare that to the xbox 700 or 750  (i forget what it is) becuase it doesnt work that way.. its like comparing mac's to pc's or amd XP chips to intel p4 chips.. the xbox IS more powerfull than the ps2 but i think 'twice' as powerfull is a bit of an overstatement.. Medal of honor on the xbox does look pretty good.. albiet still not as good as the pc version in my opinion..

as for best game of 2003.. If doom3 comes out next year, it will probably take the crown.. Having played a demo of it (leaked) I must say i was blow away but the lighting effects alone.. and the atmopshere was very dark and scarey.. it was almost like playing a resident evil game in first person.. Also if duke nukem forever 'ever' shows up.. it will either be totaly awsome, or flop as much as diakatana..beyond those two i cant see what other fps's coming out in the near future that might be game or best of the year for 2003....
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
XBox Splinter Cell....hands down the best game I've played in a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top