Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/20/2014 3:13:09 PM EDT
I know there will be some hate, but it's all in fun.  The states I hate may be awesome outside of where I lived...with that said, Dayton Ohio.  God I hated OH, except for some hippie town that had a nice paved trail for rollerblading and biking...but it did smell of patchouli and there was a hemp store on every corner.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
California.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking Ohio
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Rhode Island
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't live there, but I worked there for a while...

maryland
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Jersey.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Maryland, I've lived here essentially my whole life. I love the idea of it, but man is the execution shitty.

ETA: I wish I could've lived here before the demographic shift, when it deserved the state song:

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
NY....about three years.

ETA:  Luckily it was upstate, Saratoga Springs area, but still the suck for firearm ownership, even back then - late '80s, early '90s.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
kommiforinia
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Fpni
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Never really lived in a state I hated.  I mean, I hated the shit out of Vegas, but Nevada is cool.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
California.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
California.
View Quote

/thread.
I spent the bulk of my hitch in Orange County (MCAS El-Toro) and the day I got DD214, I pointed my '67 Firebird east and stood on the accelerator.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Oklahoma
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Illinois
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#15]
MD sucks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't live there but just visiting Boston and Filthydelphia tells me I'm not an Eastern US kinda guy.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know there will be some hate, but it's all in fun.  The states I hate may be awesome outside of where I lived...with that said, Dayton Ohio.  God I hated OH, except for some hippie town that had a nice paved trail for rollerblading and biking...but it did smell of patchouli and there was a hemp store on every corner.
View Quote

Bro, this makes me sad. I spent much time in youth of Dayton, OH and much enjoyed Bill Goodman gun show, Air Force Museum, Island of Kings (although not an island, not sure why its called that) and other fun things. I also enjoy great spots for duck hunting and nice dancing ladies of place called Diamonds. The place you speak of called Yellow Springs, terrible place full of hippies.

Inshallah you find place that makes you happy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't particularly like Maryland, but also spent most of my time in unpleasant parts of Baltimore.

1st runner-up was MA for the exorbitant cost of living near Boston, awful commute from the suburbs, and nanny statism.

I didn't live in AZ for a full year. Despite the heat and my actually getting shot in Phoenix, it still wouldn't bump MD or MA off the throne.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#19]
New Jersey. Specifically, McGuire AFB.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bro, this makes me sad. I spent much time in youth of Dayton, OH and much enjoyed Bill Goodman gun show, Air Force Museum, Island of Kings (although not an island, not sure why its called that) and other fun things. I also enjoy great spots for duck hunting and nice dancing ladies of place called Diamonds. The place you speak of called Yellow Springs, terrible place full of hippies.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yellow springs, that's it.  It was great, you just had to dodge hippies and pot needles.  The AF museum was cool as hell, but you can only go so many times before it gets old.  I spent many nights in Diamonds too...I think alcohol got me through my 4 years there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jersey.
View Quote

Atco New Jersey!

Sucked big monkey balls!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#23]
New York...specifically in the Watertown area.

ETA: Sorry, Aimless...I know MrsAimless is from there but I really didn't care for it too much. Kuwait was a much more pleasant experience...
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Florida.  I've lightened up these last few years, and have begun to appreciate what it does have to offer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in it!!!!!  I'm from N.C.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Connecticut.

F Dan Malloy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Oklahoma
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Cleveland,OH

Detroit was better than Cleveland. Much better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#29]
My home state, IL since the late 70's. Not too bad till the seventies, went downhill quickly, in the eighties, and nineties.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm in it!!!!!  I'm from N.C.
View Quote

Yeah that sucks.  Having lived in NC as long as it matters there is no way I could move to the "slave" states.  Unless I was paid enough to bribe my rights back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Kansass during the time that the bright citizens of that state had Kathleen Sebelius as their exalted leader.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I found California to be overpriced, overtaxed, overregulated and overpopulated.

Other than that, it was great!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#33]
California.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Massachusettes. Seriously.  Too crowded. Too liberal. Too big city thinkin'.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#35]
In the US, I've only lived in three states for a year or more, SC, NC and GA.  I like 'em all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yellow springs, that's it.  It was great, you just had to dodge hippies and pot needles.  The AF museum was cool as hell, but you can only go so many times before it gets old.  I spent many nights in Diamonds too...I think alcohol got me through my 4 years there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used to be greatest strip club in Ohio, featuring guest appearances from nice women like Jenna Jameson and Carmen electra. Now going downhill
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I lived in Albuquerque New Mexico for 8 weeks...woulda been there longer except for the rolling Mexican gun battles on the Interstate...What a shithole!

MBR
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#38]
NY, 1981-2001.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#39]
A republican forum finding liberal states shitty to live in? Shocking.  Lol.

And oh, Jersey sucks
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd have to say Texas cause it's the only state I've ever lived in.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Texas.

(Never lived in any other state, so it's worst....and by far the BEST )
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Used to be greatest strip club in Ohio, featuring guest appearances from nice women like Jenna Jameson and Carmen electra. Now going downhill
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was there 94-98
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A republican forum finding liberal states shitty to live in? Shocking.  Lol.

And oh, Jersey sucks
View Quote

The state isn't liberal, just the assholes who currently subsist there.  Maryland for example is a neat state, years ago, great.  ruined by leftist trash.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Never for over a year but I have lived in NJ, NY and CT for several months at a time due to work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#45]
New York.  Oh wait a minute.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
California.
View Quote

I second this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
California.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Served a year behind the lines in Massachusetts.  A woman was involved, which is a recurring theme to most of the mistakes in my life.

Anyhoo I made a copy of a genuine Ausweiss, saved up my rations and tunneled out of the state back home to NH.

It isn't easy tunneling into the Granite State.  It isn't easy cause it is WORTH IT.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Texas
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I liked FL except for the waiting period to buy a gun.  First time I went to a gun shop while I was there, the guy told me to come back in a week (or whatever the wait time is), I looked at him like he was an idiot.  First state I was stationed in with a waiting period.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top