Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2014 3:33:11 AM EDT
My membership is about to run out. They offered me lifetime for $500 with a free nra jacket ($124 value) But not sure I want to spend that much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it never left.  I think existing Benefactor members can sponsor you...  

(Sorry, I'm just Life...)
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd also be interested in a $300 life.    I have plenty of jackets.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
In on this, I have the cash.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my membership when it was $300.  I get letters every once in a while for me to sponsor for about $250-300.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I joined when it was $300. I would call and tell them you are interested in the lifetime membership at $300. If they say it's $500, blah blah, tell them your friend just sighed up for $300 not too long ago and ask them what makes the membership worth $200 more today than it was two months ago. Ask them what added benefit you get for spending $200 more.. Basically, just see if you can frustrate them into just selling it to you for $300.

Of course, be very polite about it. It is my experience that most places will bend over backwards to get your money. It's worth a shot!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I joined when it was $300. I would call and tell them you are interested in the lifetime membership at $300. If they say it's $500, blah blah, tell them your friend just sighed up for $300 not too long ago and ask them what makes the membership worth $200 more today than it was two months ago. Ask them what added benefit you get for spending $200 more.. Basically, just see if you can frustrate them into just selling it to you for $300.

Of course, be very polite about it. It is my experience that most places will bend over backwards to get your money. It's worth a shot!
View Quote

They give it to you, they talk to a supervisor and ok you for $300.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Call the membership number and ask what their current promotions on life membership are.  If they don't mention the $300 option then ask about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:36:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Check this link, enter your info https://www.nra-2014.org/
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
If want to be a Life member just do, don't do it just because its a deal or because you want the title, the money is going to a good cause. I personally got in on the $300 deal, but I feel guilty about it, I think about all the people who threw down $1000 over the years to be life members. I still plan on giving every year, they have offered me to be Endowment for $250, not sure if I'll take it, I'll probably just donate to the NRA-ILA. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Reduced memberships (which are a great deal for a great cause) have been offered at the annual meetings.

This year it will be in Indianapolis on April 25-27th.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If want to be a Life member just do, don't do it just because its a deal or because you want the title, the money is going to a good cause. I personally got in on the $300 deal, but I feel guilty about it, I think about all the people who threw down $1000 over the years to be life members. I still plan on giving every year, they have offered me to be Endowment for $250, not sure if I'll take it, I'll probably just donate to the NRA-ILA. Just my 2 cents.
View Quote

I'm not doing it just for the deal. It's just a rare freaking occasion when I have more than a couple hundred dollars laying around in disposable income. When I do there's typically something that needs to be replaced or worked on around the house and it doesn't last long.

People aren't making what they were when memberships were 700-1000 dollars.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#13]
In for info on $300 membership.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Check this link, enter your info https://www.nra-2014.org/
View Quote

Now I have to look up my member number
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#15]
They had an upgrade in November I know a jacket.  I jumped up Patron for $300 or $350, and got a jacket.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#16]
If you do a life membership, please realize that it would be a good idea to continue contributing something yearly.  Numbers count but so does money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd go life for $300, but I'm still not thrilled with how little NRA did last year to actually help out, especially in Colorado.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

No reason to feel bad. I did it the old "easy pay life" way. Or whatever the hell it was called.
I'm just happy to see people signing up as Life Members.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd go life for $300, but I'm still not thrilled with how little NRA did last year to actually help out, especially in Colorado.
View Quote

How much did you send them to help fund these fights?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

How about you ask the guys that were on the ground in Colorado if they feel the same way?  They do not seem jaded about the support they got.  On state level issues the NRA prefers to work through grassroots organizations.  For example, something as simple as the orange postcard mailings they do to inform members about votes coming up.  It costs $0.33 to mail a postcard which doesn't sound like much but if 10,000 members were mailed that is $3,300 just in postage.  Plus the postcard design time and printing costs could put that price over $5,000.  Now factor in that most of the organizations started up that year and had a very limited budget, a $5,000 post card mailing is a huge gift to them and it gave them direct access to the NRA membership list.

Had the NRA directly tried to control the situation  the Dems would have gone on the attack the same way everyone here attacked Bloomberg for using out of state money to try and control Colorado.  So on state issues the NRA helps local organizations behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I would be interested in the $300 deal if it became available again.  

I tried calling them recently too see if they would still honor the deal, but the best the would do was $600.  Which I felt was unusual because they had already sent me the $500 offer in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Rhode Island was the only state to beat down feel good anti-gun legislation last year (please correct me if I'm mistaken about the only state). The NRA had one full time lobbyist here and one regional rep that helped out when they could.

There was a great grassroots network as well as a 2nd Amendment Coalition "hitman" at the state house, but I do have to contribute our success last year in part to the NRA's efforts in our tiny state.

My wife decided to thank them this Christmas by buying me a life membership. As soon as I scrape together some extra cash I'll be returning the favor. Partly because she believes in the fight as much as me and partly to say thank you to the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got off the phone with them and the best they offered was $500. Thought they would gladly accept $300 instead of $0 but they wouldn't budge. Unfortunately $500 is out of the budget for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you know how Calif feels

Im a life member, and paid $500.
When i was only making $32k a year.

$500 is still a good deal. JUST DO IT !!!

Be sure to tell your non-NRA gun owning friends that they are a bunch of half ass gun owners for not being an NRA member.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't need to spend another 500. I'll probably just re-sub for 30.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#26]
don't worry the gun control groups are just spending hundreds of millions to take away our rights, we don't have to do anything to protect those rights
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:32:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I got a letter not too long ago where I could sponsor more life members for $300.  I hate to say it but I was pretty busy finishing my degree and I just didn't take the time to offer the deal again to arfcom.

What did we end up signing up last time, like 500 or so people?

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with them and the best they offered was $500. Thought they would gladly accept $300 instead of $0 but they wouldn't budge. Unfortunately $500 is out of the budget for me.
View Quote

Are they offering the easy pay life plan for 500 bucks?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't mention it but I didn't ask either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I paid $1000 for my Life membership and another $300 for the endowment.

I don't mind signing up guys for $300. I've signed up quite a few over the years, but a lot of you guys sound like a bunch of FSA and are missing the point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top