Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 8:15:51 PM EDT
Ok guys...this should be intresting.
I want to know about some close call incidents were your being armed potentialy saved yourself or someone elses life. Lets hear all those .." met the intruder in the living room with the CAR-15".... stories.

I'm eager to hear what the 2nd ammendment has done to protect America.

JIM
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure if this is exactly saveing a life but here it goes.

I was about 20yrs old and carrying a small 380 auto illegaly but lived deep in the mountains so I set the RULES aside and decide protection was #1. A friend of mine and myself were in town doing some shopping when this guy started following us around the store. We confronted if he had a problem and exchanged a few words.

End of Problem. Wrong

As we leave there he is with several friends. Apperently he id the ex of a girl my friend is seeing and doesnot like it. They get into some words again when my buddy clocks him and down they go and this guy is getting his ass kicked.

Suddenly (i am small) the guys other big friends start to close in to kick my ass and jump my buddy. What do I do?

Pull out the 380, cock it, and point it about 2 feet away from one guys face. This guy SHIT his pants. Turned white as a ghost and started stumbling backwards. In about 2 seconds flat all 4 of them were in their car and gone.

I look around and there was a sizable crowd as well that suddenly knew I had a pistol. Good Bye. WE WERE OUTA-THERE!! No need to explain the no CCW permit/underage gun story to the cops.

Needless to say it was pretty scary to actually pull that gun out. It really made me think for a while about the old saying if you are going to pull it out you had better be ready to use it.

What if I pulled the trigger? Under the circumstances I could have been screwed. Something to think about.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I think in that situation I would have done exactly what you did. I dont think I would have accualy shot the dude...I don't want to spend the next decade in jail. If it came down to it I would just let one go past his ear....that'll teach him....

JIM
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Got some good ones from a clone topic on gunboards.com here are a few of them.:

Posted be AU2:
Outside of military service, while living in Munford, Tn. at my last duty station the family and I were at home. At midnight a series of 15 doorbell rings in succession went off. Well We all know thats not kosher. I leap out of bed naked as a newborn raced down the hallway grabbing my pump shotgun and parked to one side of the doorjam. Turned the front porch light on and one black man was standing on the porch. He had positioned himself right up against the door with his coat collar turned up and hat pulled down. Never looked up. I knew better than to open the door since his car was parked in the driveway and appeared to have another occupant in it. My wife showed up and I stationed her at the back door with a 45 ACP just in case someone was trying to sneak in the back way while I was busy with the man on the porch. Orders, anyone who sticks his head inside gets it shot off. The man on the porch nevered looked up and said he was drunk and lost and could he use my phone. His answer came with the sound of a 12ga. pump being locked and loaded. He heard it and I politely told him he need to beat feet or die!! He was going to argue with me but changed his mind when the count got to 2 and three was the last thing he was ever going to remember. Well, he decided to leave. The next night I just happened to be in the front yard blasting squirrels out of my apple tree(they are destructive as hell) . It was at dusk and the same car started to turn in my driveway. Well when he seen me standing there with the shotgun leveled at his head he hauled ass and was never seen again. I called the sherrif to report the incident and let him know he had a team trying to burgularize homes and filled him in on the story. He told me I was more or less a smuck for not killing the SOB. His words not mine. Second time at a roadside rest area in New Mexico . Traveling from californina to texas. Family to the Head and I just happen to pickup my pistol to place it out of sight when I notice a fellow coming up fast from the passenger side and another coming up from behind. They were moving to quick and directly at me. I whirled to meet the closes one and backed up to keep both in view. The one closes announced in a very loud fashion, " Helluva nice gun you have there" At which time the other man veered hard and left as well as the guy dishing out the comments. I have know doubt if I had not been armed I was going to be robbed at the least. There have been several other times in the big cities I was glad I was packing but the funnest one was right here at home. Turning around in a bowling alley parking lot at about 8 pm I noticed three young punks beating the hell out of another man right in the entrance of the business. I hadn't noticed but they had posted a sentry and he came from no where and reached inside my car window and grabbed me . He announced When we are finished we are going to whip you for sticking your noise in our business. I was just turning the car around no intention getting involved. Well I was driving a classic that year 69 2 door chevell 396 cu in with a hurst 4 speed, great car. The windows were the roll up type. The stupid jackass never let me go so I rolled the Window up on one his arms till he squealed real good and I knew he was secure. Now that I'm pissed I gave our captive audience a little run beside the car at idle speed so he could stay up, with his tongue hangin out (smoker) and his buddies no where in sight I stopped and got out through the passenger side and stuck a 45ACP in his face and asked him if he had any further comments. I decided I couldn't shoot him so while he was hung up so to speak I worked out on his head, unrolled the window and left him. I was glad I was armed or It could have been me getting pounded.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
posted originaly on gunboards.com by bud:
Four young people followed me on a deserted neighborhood street one weekend, as I was arriving in the small town where my uncle lived 20 miles away, to deliver him a Swiss K31 I had extra, and I had my pistol with me. Well, before I knew it one dirtbag looking white kid, about 21-27 came up behind me as I walked away from my uncles door, cause there was no answer. I had a pistol in a holster in a cardboard box with me, with the swiss ammo, rifle was in the car still. My uncle called to me from next door neighbors house, so I turned around, and a dirtbag was making a straight line for me real fast walking behind me, and he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, and I think the hand in his pocket, and the fact I had my keys in my hand jingling around might indicate a possible car jacking.
Now we had only one dirtbag, three others in the car backing up, with one dragging his foot on the pavement as the car reversed, his hand on something behind the front seat, and looking ready to jump out at a moments notice. Well, with two grown men now oppsoing a robbery/beating, things changed quick. Said first dirtbag stumbled a question out as he looked back over at his friends who decided to start smiling at him like he had made a big mistake and needed to leave, and said "where can I find an empty house in this town, like if someone is on vacation". Well, I got smart and told him to get lost in so many words cause he just accidently spilled the beans so to speak, and he was shamed in front of his friends when he mis-spoke, so he reached again in his pocket for something he was slowly working himself up to use, and insulting me, and of course he couldn't help but noticed my pistol was in a holster, buttoned up, and in fact he seem real pleased about that when I layed it on my car seat(as if he would be needing that too eventually, box too, then he moved closer, insulting me, where I pulled out my Swiss K31 and shouldered it. That stopped him from trying to gain some self respect from his friends, and wanting to rob and or beat me, and he ran to the car and they sped away.
Just last month, four young dirtbags down there in the same small town, all parole violaters, fitting their description, two males, and two females, all early twenties, ganged up on a guy and beat his head in with ax handles and almost killed him, and on their possession were numerous small handguns, and one of them was a parole violator, cause he had shot someone in a carjacking robbery attempt, in a dirtbag drug dealing neighborhood in Portland, up north. Seems the guy who got beat almost to death was the son of the apartment building owner, and had told them he was evicting them for unpaid rent, graffitti paint spraying of the apartment building, possibly breaking into other peoples cars, possibly robbing several apartments, and threatening other people. Well, the dirtbags didn't have much to take with them, since they had left town, but there is only several ways to get back up north to the big city, and they were chased down a few miles north of here, almost at the interstate turnoff.
Technically, I would have used the rifle to bash his face in, once, while I unholstered my pistol, to defend against all of them, a good plan, since the rifle was unloaded. Believe you me, one false move on his part like suddenly thrusting his hand deepr in his pocket or pulling out some kind of hardware, well then, the steel buttplate would have rearranged his face, so I could properly unholster my pistol.
Clearly a case where a bunch of dirtbags almost got the best of me, since I was in a small town of about 3000, and not in the city, a mistake I won't make again.
Did a gun save my life, well, yes, the sight of one rifle did. I technically could have gotten to my pistol real fast in a pinch, and I know how to use it, unlike the dirtbags, likely.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#5]
posted originaly on gunboards.com by :straight_arrow

Which time? Two times come to mind immediately, one of these times I didn't even have my pistol with me. Since I had never left the hotel and was having a drink in the bar downstairs, I left it in my room. As it turns out a motorcycle gang had picked that night to party there. Even though they were not indicative of the normal clientele, management was afraid to try to control their excesses or ask them to leave. There were about a dozen of them and the weaponry showing consisted of machetes strapped to their legs and motorcycle chain belts. Saw some interesting bulges under clothing, but could not honestly state that they were carrying firearms. However that did seem the way to bet.
Unfortunately one of the women with them decided to engage me in a short conversation, even though I was seated completely across the room from them. This seemed to irritate the leader, even though, nothing untoward had been said or implied. The next thing I know, the young woman is back over to my table telling me I had better leave, because the 12 of guys in the gang were planning to hurt me and teach me some respect! My first reaction, of course, was amazement since there was absolutely no reason for it that I could see. She assured that she wasn't teasing and that they were serious.

Whereupon I informed her to get her ass back over there to them to tell the boss to come see me. She did, he did. When he got to my table I asked him if he had brought any boxes with him on those motorcycles. He said he hadn't and asked if I was crazy. I said "That's too bad, because 9 of you mother f--kers are going to need them. You should probably draw straws to see who the first nine on the floor were going to be." I said this loud enough that everybody in the place could hear.

He beat his ass back across the room and I watched some very agitated debate at the three tables they had taken. Bottom line though, nobody came out on the floor in anything approaching my direction, nor did anybody follow me when I finished my drink and strolled out.

The funny thing is, the next day as I was walking back to the hotel from taking care of some business the whole bunch of them came riding down the street. I thought "oh boy, here we go". INstead they had somehow found out my name and greeted me in a friendly manner waving and laughing as they rode on by.

So, Even though I didn't have it on me during the confrontation, you could say it saved my life.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
originaly posted on gunboards.com by:GONAVY

Outside of military service, while living in Munford, Tn. at my last duty station the family and I were at home. At midnight a series of 15 doorbell rings in succession went off. Well We all know thats not kosher. I leap out of bed naked as a newborn raced down the hallway grabbing my pump shotgun and parked to one side of the doorjam. Turned the front porch light on and one black man was standing on the porch. He had positioned himself right up against the door with his coat collar turned up and hat pulled down. Never looked up. I knew better than to open the door since his car was parked in the driveway and appeared to have another occupant in it. My wife showed up and I stationed her at the back door with a 45 ACP just in case someone was trying to sneak in the back way while I was busy with the man on the porch. Orders, anyone who sticks his head inside gets it shot off. The man on the porch nevered looked up and said he was drunk and lost and could he use my phone. His answer came with the sound of a 12ga. pump being locked and loaded. He heard it and I politely told him he need to beat feet or die!! He was going to argue with me but changed his mind when the count got to 2 and three was the last thing he was ever going to remember. Well, he decided to leave. The next night I just happened to be in the front yard blasting squirrels out of my apple tree(they are destructive as hell) . It was at dusk and the same car started to turn in my driveway. Well when he seen me standing there with the shotgun leveled at his head he hauled ass and was never seen again. I called the sherrif to report the incident and let him know he had a team trying to burgularize homes and filled him in on the story. He told me I was more or less a smuck for not killing the SOB. His words not mine. Second time at a roadside rest area in New Mexico . Traveling from californina to texas. Family to the Head and I just happen to pickup my pistol to place it out of sight when I notice a fellow coming up fast from the passenger side and another coming up from behind. They were moving to quick and directly at me. I whirled to meet the closes one and backed up to keep both in view. The one closes announced in a very loud fashion, " Helluva nice gun you have there" At which time the other man veered hard and left as well as the guy dishing out the comments. I have know doubt if I had not been armed I was going to be robbed at the least. There have been several other times in the big cities I was glad I was packing but the funnest one was right here at home. Turning around in a bowling alley parking lot at about 8 pm I noticed three young punks beating the hell out of another man right in the entrance of the business. I hadn't noticed but they had posted a sentry and he came from no where and reached inside my car window and grabbed me . He announced When we are finished we are going to whip you for sticking your noise in our business. I was just turning the car around no intention getting involved. Well I was driving a classic that year 69 2 door chevell 396 cu in with a hurst 4 speed, great car. The windows were the roll up type. The stupid jackass never let me go so I rolled the Window up on one his arms till he squealed real good and I knew he was secure. Now that I'm pissed I gave our captive audience a little run beside the car at idle speed so he could stay up, with his tongue hangin out (smoker) and his buddies no where in sight I stopped and got out through the passenger side and stuck a 45ACP in his face and asked him if he had any further comments. I decided I couldn't shoot him so while he was hung up so to speak I worked out on his head, unrolled the window and left him. I was glad I was armed or It could have been me getting pounded.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
heres the link to the topic:

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=32&TID=30572&SID=1785053
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
 One night several years ago I was at a Christmas party at a downtown bar that had been rented out. It was about 3 am and people were starting to leave. One girl who was alone began hinting for someone to walk her to her car. She was less than attractive and no one was taking the bait. It started getting awkward, so I told her I'd walk her out there. We walk outside and it's cold as hell and 3 am. We get to her car and she's saying thanks and then there are these two guys walking across the parking lot. She has her back to them. One of them goes behind a dumpster and I think he's pissing until he comes out from behind the dumpster with a bottle. I'm like "Crap". I had a K frame in a IWB holster under my jacket. I stepped to the right so I would be no longer in front of her and in plain view of these crackhead prowler bastards. I looked at them and unzipped my coat. When I did, dude threw the bottle down. Theywalked by muttering some bullshit about me making a pistol play. I said "I don't have a pistol". Then I laughed at them because I know they hate that. Sorry fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Three season's ago while deer hunting I held 4 guys at bay with my Browning BAR .30-06. I heard a shot coming from the direction where my brother was hunting. About a half hour later I walked over to his stand to see what was what and these 4 guys and him were arguing over who's deer it was; apparently one of the guys shot it first but didn't put it down and they had followed the blood trail. My brother was kneeling while trying to tag the deer and keep an eye on them simultaneously. He was at quite a disadvantage as he had been gutting the deer with his sleeves rolled up and his .300 Savage over against a tree. The 4 guys were standing in front of him shouting and making threats. We didn't know them personally but I recognized one of them from town knew of his reputation as a drunk and trouble maker. My brother stood up and said "this is my deer and I'm not leaving without it." They were bigger than the two of us and being that it was an intense situation that showed signs only of escalating I very matter of factly brought up my rifle which was shouldered and leveled it at the instigator in the middle. They, including my brother, seemed to look at me as if I were nuts and I believe it suddenly dawned on them (and myself) that this was for real. Long story short, I told my brother "lets go" and he grabbed the deer by the hind legs and slowly dragged it out as I walked beside him to his truck. I didn't unload the rifle until we got back to the cabin. Had the men been rational about the circumstance in the first place I know my brother would have offered to split the deer; but it was clear they felt they had an opportunity to steal from a lone disadvantaged hunter. Maybe it was a little crazy for me to do what I did before trying diplomacy, but that's what happened and I'm alive.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a $1500.00 rifle, a case of ammo and 10 magazines. My fiancee then dumped me. Now THAT was a lifesaver!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bought a $1500.00 rifle, a case of ammo and 10 magazines. My fiancee then dumped me. Now THAT was a lifesaver!
View Quote

Ha! You sound like that character Robin Williams played in the movie "Survivors". [:D]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 2:10:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The neighborhood had been experiencing a rash of people being robbed, raped, and in some cases murdered as they came home at night and were moving from car to house.  This "rash" had been going on for over a year.  Our neighborhood is ripe for this kind of criminal activity, due to the year it was built, most residents are elderly.

Our yard is set up such that one of us has to exit the vehicle and manually open a wooden gate before the vehicle can be pulled into the garage.  Our neighbors fence jogs back from our gate so that there is a deep alcove or almost "alley" where someone could conceal themselves.

Texaswife and I were returning home from a late dinner one night.  As we approached the house I scanned up and down the street, like I always do, to see if anyone was around.  I didn't notice anyone and pulled into the driveway, got out of the truck, and opened the gate.

When I turned back towards the truck *BAM* there was a raggedy-man standing there as if he came out of nowhere (I HATE when people say that, but that's what happened).  He must have been hiding behind the fence.  This guy had positioned himself at the rear quarter panel where my wife couldn't see him.

Thanks to my Texas CHL and my concealed S&W I was able to respond from a position of authority, rather than surprise, shock, or alarm.  Before I could even think my right hand had jerked towards my hip.  I stopped short of revealing my pistol, but I think my hand movement made the facts of the situation obvious.

In a loud enough voice that my wife could hear and be alerted (she had her Ladysmith), but also in a "command voice" I confronted the guy, "CAN I HELP YOU?"  Up until that point he had been closing towards me.  All of a sudden he got real meek, looked around, and asked, "I'm looking for 12-110" (meaning house-number).  The guy was two orders of magnitude off our address, he had no business in the area.  I pointed him south and suggested he get moving.  When I got inside we called the police and gave them his description.  Of course they responded too slow and he was long gone.  I never heard anything more from the police.  A few weeks later another victim had been robbed and killed with her throat slit.  Whether my man was the bad guy or not we'll never know.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I conceder this life saving event/s, as my family and myself never were harmed.
When we (wife, 2 kids and myself) lived in a less than nice area, there was many a drug dealing going on across the street when we moved in. After the users got there shit, 3-5 times a day or night they would park in front of our house to do there drugs, most of them stopped doing this with me just sitting on the front porch and watching them while letting them see me write things down about them. This was the daylight action. At night all I had to do is shine a spotlight on them from the porch.

Yet there were some that didn’t care what I did, some would use the side lot next to the house to do there shit. My first action with a weapon was at night, dog would be going nuts, so with a barrowed AK47 and a 6-cell mag light I would get behind them via the backyard. When I knew where they were I would turn on the flashlight and cycle the action of the AK and just say very loudly “YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE, LEAVE”. Of the 2 times I did this the lowlifes couldn’t run fast enough, keep tripping over themselves.

As maintenance it was easy for me to return from paintball practice (camoed up) and make sure the dealers saw me unload the AK, after 3 months they keep their shit and their customers on there side of the street.

SSD
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, though.  Let's just say it was a 1911, and the "other guy" was Victor Charlie.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Wasn't me...it was Miz LWilde that did it.  One night about thirty years ago I was coming home from night school and some ass-wipe tried to break into our house.  My wife was home with just the babies and my Colt .45 ACP.

I had stopped at my parents' place for a couple of minutes on the way home just to chat when Momma calls and tells me that someone is trying to jimmy the sliding glass door, she has retrieved my Colt Mk 4 Model 70 and is ready to shoot the SOB if he gets the door open.  I always kept the pistol loaded with one in the pipe, hammer back and safety on because she couldn't charge it.  I had trained her well and she knew to keep her safety on and her trigger out of the guard until it was time to rock and roll...then EMPTY the damn thing in the bad guy.

My folks place was only about a mile away and I made record time...stopping only long enough to tell a local cop I spotted in the local HS parking lot rousting some kids, what was going down at my place.  He quckly forgot the teens and roared after me.

As I pulled into the driveway (detached garage in the back) the perp fled.

I carefully retrieved my pistol, being very careful to ensure Momma kept it pointed in a safe direction and the safety on.  As I cleared it, the lawdogs rolled up.  We found shoe prints in the garden and wet grass, but the asshole was gone.

Good thing for him he didn't get in.  Our kids were just babies then and my missus would have dropped him sure as hell.

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
That was all this group could come up with?

B T T
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]
A shooting buddy of mine tried to thwart a bank robbery with a .22 cal NAA revolver. He saw them go into the bank with their guns and he tried to stop them when they came out. Bad guy swung his pistol up and my friend pulled the trigger. Because of his good description of them and the vehicle the perps were later caught by the police on I64 east between Louisville and Lexington, KY. One of them had a gunshot would to the neck. My buddy had hit him. It was written up in the Courier Journal. One of the first things he did was upgrade to a .45 auto. [:)]

Just another example of Kentucky CCDW in action.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#21]

I was bringing my grandmother to her elderly housing apt. late one night. When we pulled into the parking lot I noticed 2 people hanging around. As we got out of the car to go into the side door I heard them yell something to us. I told my grandmother to hurry up and get out her keys. I looked back and saw them both pull up their jacket hoods. One of them started saying how they were going to F-me up A take my granny's money. At this time My grandmother started freaking out & couldn't find the key. I told them in a loud strong voice to leave us alone, no money here. They were now about 50' away from us, noway could we make it to the main door around the building. Both of them pulled out some chain & started swinging them around. They were talking real nasty now & my grandmother was freakin out. I put her behind me and again told them to go away! They were about 25' away now (almost at the 20'point) I put my arm under my jacket and grabbed my Colt Commander,as I was bringing up the Colt I flicked off the safety. They both stopped instantly & said "we was only joking" and took of running. My grandmother ran around the building, went inside and called the cops. Cops came & took info, asked what I was carring, then said I should have waited till they got closer and shot them! Yeah, ok. They never even asked to see my permit.
That was 10yrs ago & it still raises the hair on my neck. I have another story....for later.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have another story....for later.
View Quote

Well Lets hear it man!! Good Stories guys.

What the hell dose BTT mean? Ive herd it stands for Back to top. And that means what?
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#23]
sends the thread back to the top of the forum list.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Did you let your grandmother stay there?

Bob

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have another story....for later.
View Quote

Well Lets hear it man!! Good Stories guys.

What the hell dose BTT mean? Ive herd it stands for Back to top. And that means what?
View Quote

some people may be reluctant to share because of how personal it might be.  

But here it goes anyway:

My dad was on patrol when they got a call one day. when they arrived a crazy guy was running over stuff with a tractor.  Dad's partener tried to climb up on the tractor to stop the guy but he positioned the tractor to catch him in the wheel well and start to roll over him.  he couldnt get out.  My dad was forced to shoot the perp with a .12 ga. shot gun to the back of the head.  The result saved the life of my dad's partener.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#26]
...And one time, at band camp...

This has such potential for posing [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Any one ever have to use there Ar for defence?

JIM
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry for not posting the other story, the wife & I are going through tough stuff right now, messing me up.
AR15forfun- grandmother moved out due to Alzheimers.
2nd incident - 4yrs ago. Me & the wife picked up my fathers Caddy to take my inlaws out to dinner. I was following her home in the Caddy on a back road. We were on a long straight part of the road. I noticed that a car coming in the other direction seemed to be just stationary in the road. All of a sudden it turns in front of my wifes car, I see my wife jam on the brakes. I couldn't tell if the cars hit. The guy then pulls his car into a driveway just alittle bit & comes out of the car. At this time my wife gets out of her car & looks back at me. I put the window down as I come up to her car. Thats when I heard the guy screamin all kinds of weird shit while next to his car. I yell to my wife if she hit his car, she say's no, I say "WTF are you doing out of the car? Get back in and get out of here!" The guy then stumbles around his car & starts yellin at me. As my wife is getting into the car he say's to her " I'll fix you lady!" He goes back to his car & grabs something from the front seat. I thinking holy shit! I put the Caddy in park & open the door. I can't see what is in his hands and he is already at the front of my wifes car. I draw my gun (Now a Springfield 1911) & rest it between the car door and windsheild. Safety flicks off & I'm aiming at his chest, finger starting to go on the trigger. He then clears the car & is at my wifes window when I see he has a pad of paper & a pen in his hand. I take my finger off the trigger, put the safety back on. At that moment my wifes takes off, he backs up and stumbles. I put my gun back into the holster and also take off. When we got home ( about 2 min away) I called our local police and told them what happened. Didn't tell them about my gun though. I then read my wife the riot act for what she did. I could have killed that guy. She said she stopped because she didn't know what was going on & felt safe knowing I was behind her. We then discussed what we/she would do in the future if anything happened again. I think this whole thing took place in 1-2 min.
Any question's feel free to ask.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, though.  Let's just say it was a 1911, and the "other guy" was Victor Charlie.
View Quote

Heh, my buddy has a story like that. Ironically he was banging his jammed 1911 on a Jeep's hood and it suddenly became "unjammed": one less "Victor Charlie".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top