Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 7:20:33 PM EDT
I have a question re the 3-day delay procedure.  
Q- Is it unlawful for a dealer to NOT sell you a firearm on the 4th(or 5th,6th ect ect)day after a delay?
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone???
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
A dealer does not have to sell to you if he thinks something is hinky with the purchase. The law says that he CAN proceed with the transfer but it doesn't say he has to. Wal-mart will not transfer a firearm after a 3 day delay if they don't get an approval from NICS.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a question re the 3-day delay procedure.  
Q- Is it unlawful for a dealer to NOT sell you a firearm on the 4th(or 5th,6th ect ect)day after a delay?
View Quote

A- No.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was the law that after three days, with no response from NICS, it was a proceed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Love that one part of the law in IA; to wit, if you purchase a annual permit to purchase a pistol or revolver, that is the same as having an NICS check everytime you purchase. What I am saying is, buy the permit once a year for $10, and show it when you buy a gun. No wait and no hassle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Ire - After the 3rd business day, the Brady Law does not prohibit the dealer from transferring the weapon.

Old Tiger - There's nothing to love about gun laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top