Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 12:14:51 PM EDT
Once again I find myself coming to the "Well Of Knowledge".

My son is going to work for a trucking company that uses GPS on their trucks. His will be an administrative job. So I thought a leg up for him would be a basic book on GPS. I thought something with the working theory in layman's language might be good, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Any reccomendations on a book, please?

and thank you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.gps-bigbook.com/gpsbigbook/toc.htm[/url]

I have no idea if this is what you're looking for but just do a search at Amazon and you'll get more.  I googled this.

Hey, it's BIG.!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The absolute best book I've found is [i]GPS Land Navigation: A Complete Guidebook for Backcountry Users of the NAVSTAR Satellite System[/i] by Michael Ferguson, Randy Kalisek, Leah Tucker.  I'm actually reading it right now and it is by far and away the greatest navigation book I've read (and I've read a few).  It was written a few years ago, so a small amount of the info is out of date; like the fact that selective availability has been turned off and that there has been a large improvement in the available equipment since it was written.  But it will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about how to navigate with a GPS receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top