Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 7:05:31 AM EDT
A resident arrived from an out-of-town trip to a house riddled with bullet holes in the walls, police said Wednesday.

Officers found several weapons and bullet holes in a home in the the 1100 block of East Lugonia Ave. just after 11a:m Tuesday.They were flagged down by someone who saw a bullet hole in the window of a home.

Officers went inside the residence and found several weapons and bullet holes in the walls and furniture.

The owner of the residence arrived when police were there.He told officers he had been out of town.

Police CONFISCATED the guns.

edit to add source:www.sbcsun.com
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
were these outside to in or inside to out holes?

sounds like some punk kids broke into the home and shot up the place with the guys own weapons.

if this is the case it serves him right!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Can the Guberment just take your property? Are the guns under arrest for suspicious activity? If the cops think the guns are responsible what do they do? I mean if liberals have been telling us that guns are bad, is this the next step? Go to the house when your not home and arrest them?
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]
That's right near MacArthur Park- an area of L.A. rife with drug dealers and gang-bangers... near downtown.  All kinds of wierd shit happens there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I take personal exception to the comment "served him right" if his firearms were behind locked doors and criminals broke in and used his firearms in this manner the criminals are at fault. I have some loaded firearms in my home, behind locked at all times doors. Not in a safe. They aren't in open sight, but are easily accesable and could be found without to much difficulty if someone was looking for other things to steal. That's like saying if someone steals your locked car and destroys or damages it "served him right" for owning a car, or implying he didn't take enough care to protect what was his.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's right near MacArthur Park- an area of L.A. rife with drug dealers and gang-bangers... near downtown.  All kinds of wierd shit happens there.
View Quote

This is in Redlands, Ca about 70 miles east of LA and a very conservative city with a low crime rate.

Now, if these guns were all kosher, he'll have to go through all that bs to get em back.

Probably a 10 day wait for each gun plus DROS.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The location is in Redlands a couple blocks north of the University of Redlands. I drive down that street a couple times a year on the way to the mountains. Some newer apartment buildings and 1960's & 70's vintage houses - actually a nicer neighborhood. That said, the guy should have had his stuff in a safe or lockable locker.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#9]
WTF???  I can not believe some of you freaking people!!   Who the hell cares how this guy had his guns stored!!  A safe may be a good idea but these people broke the law when they entered his home!!  What is even more surprising is that alot of these responses are from residents of California.  Obviously you have been brainwashed into always believing that it's the gun or gun owners fault.  Trying laying blame where it belongs for once...the criminal!!

I am so disappointed!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Let's see if I have this straight:

I have holes in my windows. So the police can enter my home? Upon entering, I have holes in my walls. So the police can take my guns?

WTF? No way!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Better get your shot-out car window fixed because they might assume it's a bullet hole and follow you home to confiscate the booty.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
HVYTECK1, sgtar15--

i use to believe a man's home is his castle and it's ok to store your property anyway you want in your own home but now i feel the home owner must make extra effort to secure weapons in their home.  things like bars on the windows or hidden or safe places in the home...

sure you can steal a car but it takes more work than just smashing a glass window.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know the whole story and I am not going to make a judgement call until I do.

If LEOs suspect that there are people in danger or in need of aid they can and will enter without a warrant. If they feel that the bullet holes in the window may mean that there is a wounded or dying person in need of assistance they can enter. Once in, plain sight rules would seem to apply. I believe most states call this exigent circumstances.

One of the lawyer types here can give a better answer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]
...Hell.....my house is riddled with bullet holes..not to mention the time the roof got hit by an RPG-7.......guess that what I get for immigrating to Somalia though......this has to be my first home where I've had to ward off salesmen with my Krinkov........

I would agree that its unwise or irresponsible to leave your guns/house unlocked when you're away but it still is private property - that aside I can't see what possessed the police to go in without a warrant - I'm really curious how the owner responded to this - also more details would help on the owner or the situation. The owner could be an outstanding citizen or a convicted felon for all I know.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HVYTECK1, sgtar15--

i use to believe a man's home is his castle and it's ok to store your property anyway you want in your own home but now i feel the home owner must make extra effort to secure weapons in their home.  things like bars on the windows or hidden or safe places in the home...

sure you can steal a car but it takes more work than just smashing a glass window.

View Quote

Locking your guns up may be responsinble, but do you think it ought to be legislated?

Fuck that says I.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WTF???  I can not believe some of you freaking people!!   Who the hell cares how this guy had his guns stored!!  A safe may be a good idea but these people broke the law when they entered his home!!  What is even more surprising is that alot of these responses are from residents of California.  Obviously you have been brainwashed into always believing that it's the gun or gun owners fault.  Trying laying blame where it belongs for once...the criminal!!

I am so disappointed!

Sgtar15
View Quote

I agree.  Some of you guys need to get the heck out of Kalifornia before you decide to go down and voluntarily turn in all your own guns.

Criminal=bad guy   Gun owner=good guy  
Let's take this slowly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
HVYTECK1, sgtar15--

View Quote

Locking your guns up may be responsinble, but do you think it ought to be legislated?

Fuck that says I.
View Quote

more gun legislation?  hell no!  this is a case of personal responsibility.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#18]
If the guy is a muslim he deserves to get his guns taken away.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If the guy is a muslim he deserves to get his guns taken away.
View Quote

That was a very UnImbroglio comment...LOL
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with what you are saying 308wood, we are probably on the same page.  I have a gun cabinet and always store my guns very safely.

However, my issue is this: Some people seam to believe that the gun owner deserved what he got in this case because he didn't lock them up, even thou the rifles were in a locked house!  A locked house is a secured location.  Hell, my father has had firearms in his home, without a safe, for over 60 years!

Just because a person doesn't own a safe does not make him a irresponsible gun owner.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#21]
The anti-gun liberals were right.  The guns just picked themselves up and started shooting without any human assistance!

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/non20.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/smiley_watchout.gif[/img]

CJ
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#22]
This isn't the one posted on FALFiles, is it? Where the [b]COP[/b] who picked up the weapon dropped by the intruder discharged it into a wall, and then the ATF agent in the case took a FN FAL because he could [b]NOT[/b] get it to go full-auto at the scene?

Scott

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#23]
[url]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58206[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Since this was california the guy should have stashed some dope with the guns. The cops would surely be fired over the gross infringement of a persons right to be a stoner.
What the hell, it is only a matter of time.
They say revolutions cause only minor changes whereas big changes come from within. I voted for Bush but I am getting scared. Ashcroft has destroyed so much of our civil rights. I still want nothing to do with the demorats but still I am scared.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top