Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 4:20:52 AM EDT
I want to start taking a good multi/anti oxidant vitamin as part of my new workout regimen.

Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Beer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm told that you should take a vitamin pill and drop it in a glass of warm vinigar. If it doesn't dissolve within 30 minutes, it won't dissolve in your GI tract either. I tried this with my cheap, plain jane Centrum daily, and it dissolved without problem. FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I eat tofu, tomato soup, and have half a can of pink salmon at least three times a week.

All I have to do is get black eyed peas into the diet and I will be able to piss through a 2X4.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I use Sentrum Performance.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Vitamin CB
Cold Beer
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#10]
A company called Nature's Plus makes an excellent multivitamin named "Source of Life". Make sure to get the original formula with iron, unless you have reason not to.  The vitamins come in a brown bottle with yellow top and label. You can find these vitamins at any good nutrition store or health food store.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A company called Nature's Plus makes an excellent multivitamin named "Source of Life". Make sure to get the original formula with iron, unless you have reason not to.  The vitamins come in a brown bottle with yellow top and label. You can find these vitamins at any good nutrition store or health food store.
View Quote

Most men don't need an iron supplement, and extra iron can contribute to cardiovascular problems. If you're not anemic, go without.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Flinstones...especially the Dino ones...
That dog is tough..and you will be to if you eat your Dinos
Little trooper
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's an idea....how about 5 servings of fruit and vegatables a day?  I would guess that about 85% of the men on this board don't eat enough veggies, myself included but I'm getting better at it.  With all the types of fruit and veggies available it really ain't that hard to find something you like.  And FYI, raw veggie are a lot higher in nutritional value than cooked.

I prefer broccolli, bananas, peaches, pears, carrots, celery, ginger( for muscle inflamation), andf various other things.

Try it...you'll feel alot healthier...and it's cheaper.

Edited to add:  Brown rice and beans are very high in anti-oxidants.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I take "One A Day" for men.  The only problem I have is if I don't drink lots of water with my meal before I take it, I get a stomach ache like a MOFO!  When this bottle runs out, I'm going to swtich over to GNC's MegaMan and try that one for a while.

I also try to keep on with the fresh veggies too.  Usually some steamed broccoli and some baby spinach salad with dinner, and bananna, apple, tomatoes and cucumbers with lunch.  As hard as it's been, I've been trying to eat more chicken and salmon than beef (okay, the salmon isn't that tough)....the salmon has great Omega 3's!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is what I take. I've noticed a difference in my energy level. Working shift work my eating habits are terrible at best.
[url]http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.asp?id=170112[/url]
View Quote

Striker,
I was taking Mega-Man vitamins from GNC for a few months.
One day while at Wal-Mart I noticed some men's vitamins and it got me interested. I got the package from my Mega-Mans and took it to WM and compared and they where almost exact in everything![:O]

I can not remember exactly what they are called but will advise after checking the label at home.
They even have them now in the 120 count packs which is 60 day supply.

They are much cheaper and I can not tell any difference in my energy level or color of my p*# when I go to the toilet![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Fish, plankton, sea greens... protein from the sea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top