Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2002 11:14:00 AM EDT
is unheard of in these parts.  I spent a few hours yesterday mowing it and the leaves.  Believe it or not we are in a serious drought up here and better get some substantial rain on the ground soon or we will have some serious problems this summer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this the manner in which 'we' got our sore throat??

Eh?

Just an evil ploy to get some of Granny Hun's Magic Elxir?

Eric The(Ah-Ha!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be...  I think I better have another medicine. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Last year my wife "decided" we need green grass in the winter also. This is the 2nd year we have overseeded with Rye grass. However it does look good. (and I get my weekly workout ALL YEAR LONG)
AB
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
is unheard of in these parts.  I spent a few hours yesterday mowing it and the leaves.  Believe it or not we are in a serious drought up here and better get some substantial rain on the ground soon or we will have some serious problems this summer.
View Quote

Same on south-central Oregon coast. Lots of wells going dry. I may be next.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
For us NY'ers, landscaping season usually ends mid or last week of December, regardless of rain or dead lawn.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I know its not exactly "lawn" but I do mow the lots and pasture around the house this time of the year. If you've ever seen how fast a grass fire can move driven by a 20 mph wind you would understand. Mowing I dont mind but weedeating....now thats another story. Weedeaters are Gods way of telling you you have too much lawn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top