Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2002 10:23:35 AM EDT
[b]hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. [Orig. unknown] Slang.[/b]

1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no".
2. What to say when at a loss for words.
3. a. Good copy.  b. Roger.  c. Solid copy.  d. Good.  e. Great.  f. Message received.  g. Understood.  h. Acknowledged.
4. a. Glad to meet you.  b. Welcome.
5. "All right!"
6. a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it.  b. I haven't the foggiest idea.
7. I am not listening.
8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!"
9. Yes.
10. "You've got to be kidding me!"
11. Thank you.
12. Go to the next slide.
13. You've taken the correct action.
14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification.
15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.)
16. Amen!

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
hooah:  i've seen it apply from everything to "yes" to "fuck off"  but never "No," or "i don't understand"
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]

According to the definition, if you only know "hooah" and "no" your all set!
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that it is a verbalization of "heard, understood, acknowledged" HUA, or hooah.  Not to be confused with the battle cry hooorah.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Is'nt it the Army version of the Marines...ooh-rah ??
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top