Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2002 7:13:24 PM EDT
Prime Minister John Howard of Australia, who is protected by security officers who carry high powered automatic Glock 9 milimeter handguns, praised the US on the terror war but blasted it about handgun laws. This from news.au

Quote from Prime Minister Howard:

"....and there is one thing that I do not admire and that is their extradordinary attitude toward the possession of weapons."

CRC
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quote from Prime Minister Howard:
"....and there is one thing that I do not admire and that is their extradordinary attitude toward the possession of weapons."
View Quote

And he is relevant, why?

Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG!

A foreigner has criticized us about our gunz!!! What will we do??? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]

GREAT!!

The Experts Agree:

[b]Mao Tse Tung:[/b] "Every good communist should know that political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

[b]Heinrich Himmler:[/b] "Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State."

[b]Adolf Hitler:[/b] "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms."

[b]Bill Clinton:[/b] "I don't believe that everybody in America needs to be able to buy a semi-automatic or fully-automatic weapon, built only for the purpose of killing people, in order to protect the right of Americans to hunt and practice marksmanship and to be secure."

[b]Australian Prime Minister John Howard:[/b]  "....and there is one thing that I do not admire and that is their extradordinary attitude toward the possession of weapons."
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What the hell is a HIGH POWERED 9mm Glock?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Well let me just say, I do not understand those weirdo oriental countries that eat their food with chopsticks instead of forks and spoons like rational people.

And what's up with the French feeding their kids wine?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
lets see who is the world super power and everyones protector, and who is NOT!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

GREAT!!

The Experts Agree:

[b]Mao Tse Tung:[/b] "Every good communist should know that political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

[b]Heinrich Himmler:[/b] "Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State."

[b]Adolf Hitler:[/b] "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms."

[b]Bill Clinton:[/b] "I don't believe that everybody in America needs to be able to buy a semi-automatic or fully-automatic weapon, built only for the purpose of killing people, in order to protect the right of Americans to hunt and practice marksmanship and to be secure."

[b]Australian Prime Minister John Howard:[/b]  "....and there is one thing that I do not admire and that is their extradordinary attitude toward the possession of weapons."
View Quote

Good ones... had to copy that down.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What the hell is a HIGH POWERED 9mm Glock?
View Quote

Sigh, here goes another lesson in Anti-Gun 101:

By definition, any and all guns are "High-Powered". There was a thread a week or so ago on a maniac in the UK who killed a poor defenceless squirrel with a "High-Powered" air gun. It has NOTHING to do with caliber or fps or energy transferred.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#10]
so screw him and his armed guards.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]
This attitude is why Austrailia is a crime free paradise and we are not. Wait, that's wrong. They have horrible increasing crime and ours go down every year. Anybody point that out to him in the article?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

By definition, any and all guns are "High-Powered". There was a thread a week or so ago on a maniac in the UK who killed a poor defenceless squirrel with a "High-Powered" air gun. It has NOTHING to do with caliber or fps or energy transferred.
View Quote
EXACTLY!!

"High-powered guns"
"High-capacity magazines"
"Gun show loopholes"
"Junk guns"
"Saturday-night specials"
"Cop-killer bullets"
"Plastic guns"
"Streetsweepers"
"Ballistic fingerprints"
"Assault weapons"
"Reasonable gun laws"

It goes on and on.

He who defines the terms has already won the argument.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly right.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
EXACTLY!!

"High-powered guns"
"High-capacity magazines"
"Gun show loopholes"
"Junk guns"
"Saturday-night specials"
"Cop-killer bullets"
"Plastic guns"
"Streetsweepers"
"Ballistic fingerprints"
"Assault weapons"
"Reasonable gun laws"

It goes on and on.

View Quote

Ahh,...you forgot the [b]Highly inaccurate[/b] assault weapons that need to be banned for the following reasons:

[b]1)[/b] They are FAR too [b]inaccurate[/b] to be used for any legitimate sporting purpose.

[b]2)[/b] They are very desireable to criminals and snipers because they are so [b]accurate[/b] and deadly....able to kill at [b]six thousand yards[/b]

[b]3)[/b] They are designed so that soldiers can [b]accurately[/b] spray [b]highly inaccurate[/b] hails of deadly, [b]highly accurate[/b] 223 magnum bullets, from the hip.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck John Howard!
Fuck him right in the ear!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Sadly Australia has become another UN/NWO portal like England, Canada, California and Illinois in this country.

The Bildeburgers had Klinton speak to Australians this past summer/spring I read somewhere, explaining to them that it's alright for them to drop their knickers because the Group knows what's best for all us.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ahh,...you forgot the [b]Highly inaccurate[/b] assault weapons that need to be banned for the following reasons:

[b]1)[/b] They are FAR too [b]inaccurate[/b] to be used for any legitimate sporting purpose.

[b]2)[/b] They are very desireable to criminals and snipers because they are so [b]accurate[/b] and deadly....able to kill at [b]six thousand yards[/b]

[b]3)[/b] They are designed so that soldiers can [b]accurately[/b] spray [b]highly inaccurate[/b] hails of deadly, [b]highly accurate[/b] 223 magnum bullets, from the hip.
View Quote
Yep.

And don't ya just love how the Bradyites say that 'assault weapons' are "designed to shoot from the hip" because they have a pistol grip!?

Sooooo... I guess all handguns are designed to "shoot from the hip" because they all have pistol grips too, right? [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Howard is clueless when it comes to guns (he's been quoted recently stating that "I hate guns"). However you might like his policy on illegals - he puts them in concentration prison camps on an island off the coast of Australia.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Wasn't Australia a [b]PENAL colony[/b] at one time? That's what I thought. Look "Howie", the brits had to give you your country; we fucking [b]TOOK[/b] our freedom. Piss off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top