Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 5:40:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2.) Some article in the Vietnam Era that described REAL PROFESSIONAL SNIPERS. (Not really necessary, but could add more support)
View Quote

Go here.
[url]www.snipercountry.com[/url]

3.) Any article, or link to some factual evidence that anti-gun lobbyists or corporations like HCI are connected to media sources.  (THIS WOULD BE GREAT!)
View Quote

They don't have to be because the media is sympathetic to them. An idiot told me once that the AMA was the most powerful lobby in the US. It isn't. The Bar Association is becuase our legislators are almost all lawyers. If you mean connected as in provides source material, of course they do. That is primarily why these groups exist, to influence public opinion to get their agenda passed.

4.) Any other article or text that states how incredibly liberal the media happens to be, or uses statistics in any manner.
View Quote

[url]www.ratherbiased.com[/url] There is a book which addresses this in depth for sale at [url]www.worldnetdaily.com[/url] whose name escapes me right now. It was written by a former one of them and he really pissed a lot of those propagandist "journalists" off. Do a search there.

5.) Recent Department of Justice statistics, particularly the ones that claimed that assault rifles account for only about 2% of ALL gun related crime.  This would be INCREDIBLY helpful incase sometime soon I decide to scrap the whole "Sniper" thing and go with the "Assault Rifle" term.
View Quote

2% is way to high. You can find this with a [url]www.google.com[/url] search. Actual assault rifles are never used in crime, assault rifles as defined by law are used way less than .05% of them time to commit crimes. Most assault rifle involved crimes are when a rifle is recovered in the course of the investigation. Get caught smoking a joint on the way back from the range and consent to a search and voila! Another crime involving an "assault rifle". Get it? Also, a lot of the stats about assault weapon use are derived from prisioner interviews, and most of them have a certain economy with the truth, not to mention that most can't ID an assault weapon, but claim they have and use them regularly. "Ah gwan gets mah uzi when ah gets out dis place muffuckuh and shoots yo ass!" "Oh yeah? What kind of ammo does an uzi take?" "Fuck you cracker!" Ah, criminal genius. So terrifying.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You know what makes me laugh?

Everyone says, and knows pretty well that the media is liberal biased.  

Until the Republicans kick the tar out of the Democrats in the election.  Did anyone else see all that garbage on the DU saying how the media is so slanted towards the Republican agenda?

I almost spit my drink out onto the screen.  What total BS.  Anyway, I guess it all comes down to what your opinion is.  You can go either way...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything you need is right here. Put them in your favorites.

[url]http://www.faqs.org/faqs/talk-politics-guns/pro-gun-faq/part1/[/url]

[url]http://www.guncite.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.cato.org/dailys/05-13-00.html[/url]

[url]http://www.guntruths.com/Resource/facts_you_can_use.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The media often puts up a talking head that says that the Courts have never held that the bearing of firearms is an individual right.

The quote file at www.geekswithguns.com has a good listing of some of the court cases that hold the bearing of firearms to be an individual right.

You could also talk about how over in England the media there was used to slander gun owners.

Another quote file:[url=http://www.hkweaponsystems.com/cgi-bin/quote.pl]quote file![/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It often isn't what the media says that gives away its bias, it is what is not said. Remember the kid in Pearl, MS who killed his Mom and shot folks at his high school and the guy from Ghana who started killing teachers at his law school in West Virginia? Remember how the talking heads said they were stopped? They said, in both cases, That the perp was "tackled" by the people who stopped them. In both cases the tackleing was done with a gun in the hand of a good guy. In MS this was the school principle whop ran to his vehicle and retrieved his ILLEGALLY carried weapon and in the law school it was done by a student who was an LEO (not sure, memory fades) but who also retrieved his weapon from his car. Good thing those schools are gun free, hah? Anyway, you never hear about anyone using a weapon in a positive fashion unless they are LEO or military, and there are plenty of instances of it around. Even when one is used positively, they try to put a negative spin on it and try to make the person who defended himself look like an ass. Look around. Do a web search.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Your media-gun control organization link is courtesy fo Donna Dees-Thomases, the "ordinary housewife" that founded the Million Mom March (now merged with HCI).  Ms. Dees-Thomases has media connections adn political connections, so she was the perfect choice to function as a liaison between those entities.  I am sure you can find a mountin of information on her background.  "Ordinary housewife", indeed....
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#11]
There was a PhD dissertation done in the past few years proving that the media is biased against guns.  I think it was in Sociology, the student was at Indiana or Michigan State?  I will try to find a reference to the article.

There is also a law professor at Northwestern who has done similar research.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#12]
iNuhBaDNayburhood,

I'd love to see it when you're finished!  With your permission, I'd put it on my website once I get it going.

Chimborazo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top