Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2002 4:16:15 PM EDT
You know, really the "collapsable" stocks on many AR carbines aren't actually collapsable. Instead, they are extendable. I mean, it doesn't fold or collapse, but it extends to make itself longer. So really, all it does is adjust to taller shooters, or shooters who aren't wearing body armor. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Glass of water is half full or half empty, they both mean the samething.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
But Ido see what Valkyre's getting at.  The sliding stock of the AR really shouldn't have been included in the ban. While the two position feature of the early models wasn't intended for shooting in the collapsed position, the multi location of the later types is, and as such shouldn't have been banned.  As it is, when my 5 year old gets to be 7 or 8, and I want to get him started in shooting, I'm going to have to get a multi adjustable stock to put on my preban SP1 Carbine, rather than being able to use the M4gery that's already here. Of course we'll start w/the .22LR conversion unit.

I wonder if we could get BATF to approve an "adjustable" stock that doesn't go all the way down to the last carry position?  Nah, it's reasonable, so they'd never go for it [;D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I had been playing with that idea too, shamayim. No one on arfcom seemed to notice when I'd post it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
since there is only ONE telescoping stock, we shouold pleasently ask the ATFE if they could remove it from their ban...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...
It would be nice but I don't think that it will happen.
We could say that since stock doesn't fold it should be banned by name or function.  What it does it allow persons of different stature (or RACE, YUP play the Race card, or Feminist card) to fire the gun comfortably.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep I think it's complete nonsense too...but AWB itself is nonsense so oh well.

Collapsable stocks should have been named customizable length stocks for EVERYBODY.

Just wait until 9/13/2004...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm trying to figure out how Fulton Armory is able to sell this?
[url]http://www.fulton-armory.com/GEN_II.htm#AccutronRifle[/url]... scroll down, you'll know what I'm talking about. I didn't notice any mention of "for pre-bans only"

"The innovative, Fulton ARmory-exclusive Guardian buttplate is adjustable for length of pull (from collapsed collapsable buttstock length to full A2 length), height, and cant--all with just an Allen wrench. Now you can find the LOP and other buttstock dimensions to fit you, regardless of stature, body type, body armor, or whatever. Maxiumum flexibility, maximum utility!"

Fulton is a reputable dealer so I have no doubt that this is BATF approved.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just thinking in class today that I could buy one of those Tactical Entry short buttstocks, RRA has them on their M4, and remove the buttplate, and then buy an Adjustable Buttplate from Cheaper than Dirt. Then I'd be set. But this Fulton Armory buttstock looks better, if not more expensive.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Even if it's buttugly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top