Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/22/2013 1:19:22 PM EDT
I was doing 101 in a 70.  I was lucky that the trooper was a gun guy and I had some cool stuff in the car with me, he left me off with a warning.  In my defense is was a beautiful day today, 86 degrees sunny with a bright blue sky so I had the top down and was not paying attention to my speed (although my normal speed on the turnpike is 90).   Trooper (name deleted) you are a member here and see this, thank you and have a merry Christmas, I will donate what the ticket would have been to the NRA-ILA.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This will be interesting
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
CSB.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell me you were driving at least a vette...id hate to think u were another one if those honda civic ricer maniacs
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You got off at 101mph?

Damn
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell me you were driving at least a vette...id hate to think u were another one if those honda civic ricer maniacs
View Quote

None of the above.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was doing 101 in a 70.  I was lucky that the trooper was a gun guy and I had some cool stuff in the car with me, he left me off with a warning.  In my defense is was a beautiful day today, 86 degrees sunny with a bright blue sky so I had the top down and was not paying attention to my speed (although my normal speed on the turnpike is 90).   Trooper Herrera if you are a member here and see this, thank you and have a merry Christmas, I will donate what the ticket would have been to the NRA-ILA.
View Quote

So you're driving over 100 mph in a convertible with the top down and a cache of guns in the backseat?

Yeah, seems legit.  Slow it down, sir.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So you're driving over 100 mph in a convertible with the top down and a cache of guns in the backseat?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was doing 101 in a 70.  I was lucky that the trooper was a gun guy and I had some cool stuff in the car with me, he left me off with a warning.  In my defense is was a beautiful day today, 86 degrees sunny with a bright blue sky so I had the top down and was not paying attention to my speed (although my normal speed on the turnpike is 90).   Trooper Herrera if you are a member here and see this, thank you and have a merry Christmas, I will donate what the ticket would have been to the NRA-ILA.

Sounds like FL wins in multiple ways.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#9]
ibtl
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was doing 101 in a 70.  I was lucky that the trooper was a gun guy and I had some cool stuff in the car with me, he left me off with a warning. In my defense is was a beautiful day today, 86 degrees sunny with a bright blue sky so I had the top down and was not paying attention to my speed (although my normal speed on the turnpike is 90).   Trooper Herrera if you are a member here and see this, thank you and have a merry Christmas, I will donate what the ticket would have been to the NRA-ILA.
View Quote

There is no defense for that.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on man, this is the "gunshine" state, the guns were right next to me (at least some of them).  Also our interstates are so flat and straight that really is a safe speed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did he make you swallow?
View Quote

No, but I am a gentleman so I am not going to spit on a public road.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This will be interesting
View Quote

Would have been REALLY interesting if he did it in our state ...
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I must say, since moving here I would say they are fairly lax in the speed limit department.  Gone by a couple of troopers doing 85+ thinking I was getting clipped for sure... nothing.  I think there is pending legislation to increase the speed limit here to 75, which I think makes sense.  It's flat, straight, and the weather is nearly always sunny and nice here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I must say, since moving here I would say they are fairly lax in the speed limit department.  Gone by a couple of troopers doing 85+ thinking I was getting clipped for sure... nothing.  I think there is pending legislation to increase the speed limit here to 75, which I think makes sense.  It's flat, straight, and the weather is nearly always sunny and nice here.
View Quote

The trooper I dealt with said today was a "century day" meaning they were only stopping people doing over 100. He said most troopers will not stop people until they are into the 90s.  I usually set my cruise control to just under 90 and never get stopped and routinely get passed..
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This will be interesting

Shit. he'd still be in jail.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Will you post a picture of your bare feet?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#21]
So you were driving 101mph endangering everyone around you and you are proud of that......pretty fucked up if you ask me....
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope the Troopers's supervisor is not a member here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So you were driving 101mph endangering everyone around you and you are proud of that......pretty fucked up if you ask me....
View Quote

Don't be a square, man.. Everyone is doing it.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Come on man, this is the "gunshine" state, the guns were right next to me (at least some of them).  Also our interstates are so flat and straight that really is a safe speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

100 is not a safe speed if every one else is doing 75. You are reckless and should have gotten a reckless driving ticket.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, now post what car it was in so we can judge how unsafe it was
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't endanger anyone.   Not proud of anything.   The trooper was awesome,  and I hope he sees this post.  Instead of being a state tax collector he let me go, since I can't do anything for him personally I will donate to the NRA-ILA since he was very pro 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depending on the road, conditions, traffic, and the vehicle; 100 mph is not even remotely dangerous.

You think it's perfectly fine for a 1982 Yugo to go 75 on the freeway, but it's OMG DANGER for a 2013 sports car to go 100?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#28]
the nerve of the police enforcing traffic laws
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
100 is not a safe speed if every one else is doing 75. You are reckless and should have gotten a reckless driving ticket.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100 is very safe on the Florida turnpike on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

They just try to rape you on seatbelt tickets.  I got one in FL and it was $110.  I put it in the trashcan where it belongs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

All I can say is it aint that in Minnesota
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, we had a light freezing rain with about 16" of snow on the ground already.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

It strikes me that deleting the troopers name would be a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
the nerve of the police enforcing traffic laws
View Quote

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who is busted speeding.  There are signs everywhere and it's a completely preventable stop.  Occasionally the speed limit is not clearly marked, but unless you're in Germany, you know you're speeding at 101mph.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh for fucks sake  

Modern cars are far safer now and they are capable of higher speeds.  Did OP
claim he was swerving through traffic in the middle of a fucking rainstorm ?

You must be proud to be "That Guy ".

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#35]
not real smart to put his name on here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Done, he was a good guy I couldn't imagine anything here would be reflected negatively on him. Also I would suggest that there are a lot of Troopers with that last name.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, you might wanna pull that.
And 100 mph is maybe 10 miles past the average flow on some stretches of I-15 out here.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Didn't endanger anyone.   Not proud of anything.   The trooper was awesome,  and I hope he sees this post.  Instead of being a state tax collector he let me go, since I can't do anything for him personally I will donate to the NRA-ILA since he was very pro 2nd amendment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So the road was empty?

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yeah, you might wanna pull that. And 100 mph is maybe 10 miles past the average flow on some stretches of I-15 out here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, you might wanna pull that. And 100 mph is maybe 10 miles past the average flow on some stretches of I-15 out here.  

The average flow on this portion of the turnpike is about 90.  I wasn't the fastest vehicle on the road by far.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Done, he was a good guy I couldn't imagine anything here would be reflected negatively on him. Also I would suggest that there are a lot of Troopers with that last name.
View Quote

You obviously have not worked for a Modern Day Law Enforcement Agency.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So the road was empty?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the road was empty?

No, but traffic was light and the speed was safe for the conditions.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Not unusual at all in open stretches in FL.
Try US 19 between Perry and Chiefland.
Ran 90+ back there & had my doors blown off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#44]
100 on the interstate in the south is an everyday no-big-deal occurrence. 90 is the new 55. I got off with no tickets at 88 and 92 in the last year.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth!

ETA : I love how these speeding threads bring out the speed prohibitionists.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So the road was empty?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the road was empty?

Yes you were endangering everyone around you but you are just to ignorant to realize it.......thats why they have speed limits...so a minivan loaded with a family just happens to change lanes as you are screaming down the road at 101 mph, then what happens Mr. Wizard...sheesh
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of the time people on I75 do 90+mph. I'm not talking your odd whack job, I'm talking a good portion of the traffic in the left lane.  101 isn't necessarily a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#48]
1 800 BULL-SHIT
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#49]
100+, most Germans would not agree with this speed.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]

You obviously have not worked for a Modern Day Law Enforcement Agency.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top