Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2013 10:50:00 AM EDT
There was a thread here a while back that Colt was buying LWRC.  There have been two threads started over at LWRC's website that were deleted within minutes.  Usually a sign that something is brewing.  Has anyone heard anything recently?

If they do acquire LWRC, my first question is why?  Beyond that, what kind of changes, if any, would LWRC be looking at? Stupid Colt rollmark on all their rifles?
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd expect a massive drop in QC at LWRC

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

This would be my worry as well.  I have been wanting the new Six8, but I think I will hold off and see what shakes out with this (although, it might be smarter to get one now...).
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This would be my worry as well.  I have been wanting the new Six8, but I think I will hold off and see what shakes out with this (although, it might be smarter to get one now...).
View Quote

Hoping this goes into open source and others start making DI billets that will take Magpuls longer 6.8 magazines....(also hoping Magpul makes
some 15 rounders and 10 rds as well....
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Hoping this goes into open source and others start making DI billets that will take Magpuls longer 6.8 magazines....(also hoping Magpul makes
View Quote

According to this thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=126&t=628366, they are going to make DI-compatible receiver sets.  Then again, from promise to fruition is a long trek with LWRC...

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I am pretty sure it ideas already happened.  My guess is they will make an announcement around Shot Show time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
LWRC gets passed around like a cheap whore.  If this is true that makes 4 times its been sold since its birth.  I have owned a LWRC since it was Leitner Wise Rifle Company and for every owner since.  Looks like Leitner Wise started another company here

I wonder whats going on with the company.  I really like what they produce.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure it ideas already happened.  My guess is they will make an announcement around Shot Show time.
View Quote

Well, that sucks.  What's in it for LWRC?  Simply cash?
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

Well, that sucks.  What's in it for LWRC?  Simply cash?

View Quote

Yep. Most recent owner probably wanted to retire. He had majority stakes in a LOT of companies
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]
That previous thread was mine on the Colt industry page. LWRC could gain from the metal forging plants Colt owns and also colt has a better name for military contracts. Other then that I'm not sure. I really don't want this to happen as I do believe QC would drop.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#10]
So LWRC will now be made by UAW folks?
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

According to this thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=126&t=628366, they are going to make DI-compatible receiver sets.  Then again, from promise to fruition is a long trek with LWRC...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Special buy on 68 forums already in motion

I would love a Mega in this version
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#12]
So LWRC will start to use MIM parts??
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Colt would probably stand to gain a lot of technical knowledge from the acquisition. People forget that Colt Cannada has contracts with several European countries and they may want LWRC's knowledge to try and compete with the Hk series of rifles which are winning lots of contracts over there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought Colt was the standard by which all other rifles were judged? Never owned one myself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I thought Colt was the standard by which all other rifles were judged? Never owned one myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

To some people they are.

Now people who actually own, shoot or have even handled different kinds, Colts are at best middle of the road

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

To some people they are.

Now people who actually own, shoot or have even handled different kinds, Colts are at best middle of the road

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To some people they are.

No, those are the people that bitch over forge seams, and slight microscopic differences in annodizing color. They think everything they have should be a museum peice. Sometimes the put Velcro on their brass deflector do they won't get brass marks
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Leitner knows what he's doing, and from what I've seen he puts out a good product. That being said, he's got nothing to do with LWRC any more, but his new attempt I'm watching pretty closely.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No, those are the people that bitch over forge seams, and slight microscopic differences in annodizing color. They think everything they have should be a museum peice. Sometimes the put Velcro on their brass deflector do they won't get brass marks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To some people they are.

Meh, I beat the shit out of my DD, Noveske and LWRC.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a few.  Reliable rifles, but I don't think it would qualify as the "standard"...
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I have a few.  Reliable rifles, but I don't think it would qualify as the "standard"...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUT MILSPEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope there will be a LWRC Survival Edition with Blackhawk furniture, water, and other worthless crap.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To some people they are.

Hell yeah, especially that last part!  Well, used to, when I would actually shoot the gun.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Colt is the standard.  You can spend a little less and get a much shittier rifle , you can spend a lot more and step into a KAC, Larue,  Noveske, etc.  I've owned most, shot all and my go-to rifle is a Colt  
The fancy ones get treated like safe queens, sad I know.

I look forward to any announcement that may come @ SHOT show
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]
There are a lot, I mean a lot of countries looking at the 6.8 seriously right now because of the LWRCi Six8.

Not just the ones that are already publicly known. Most of it is hints and rumors , but Colt could much more easily fill the contracts than LWRC if some of these other nations adopt it, especially if it is adopted as a general issue arm and not as a SF sort of thing.

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are a lot, I mean a lot of countries looking at the 6.8 seriously right now because of the LWRCi Six8.

Not just the ones that are already publicly known. Most of it is hints and rumors , but Colt could much more easily fill the contracts than LWRC if some of these other nations adopt it, especially if it is adopted as a general issue arm and not as a SF sort of thing.

View Quote

Fill us in on why you believe that the Six8 is changing the field as I may not be up to date on the Six8.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

and recalls of defective rifles, a la "the Colt Ultralight rifle", where they bought the design from Melvin Forbes and then botched it up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Would LWRC instantly become a tier 3 weapon, or would this transition take time?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Would LWRC instantly become a tier 3 weapon, or would this transition take time?
View Quote

In.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh, piss on LWRC and their faggot ass spiral fluted barrels, that's some corny shit right there.  Almost as bad as Mossberg's gheyness
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Colt buying LWRC would be like GM buying Porsche and telling the boys in Zuffenhausen how to come up to be Like zu Merken in quality.

Strictly IMO but not good for us in the long run.

I know some think Colt is all that and I have had a few and thought they were very good but compared to an LWRC, LMT or PWS they are noticeably inferior and yes my guns get shot a whole bunch and I don't baby anything

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Colt buying LWRC would be like GM buying Porsche and telling the boys in Zuffenhausen how to come up to be Like zu Merken in quality.

Strictly IMO but not good for us in the long run.

I know some think Colt is all that and I have had a few and thought they were very good but compared to an LWRC, LMT or PWS they are noticeably inferior and yes my guns get shot a whole bunch and I don't baby anything

Wulfmann
View Quote

I'm guessing you haven't been following Porsche quality very closely? Am I right?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fill us in on why you believe that the Six8 is changing the field as I may not be up to date on the Six8.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#36]
PLEASE NO! Keep your shitty Colt hands off of my LWRC!
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Colt is good shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top