Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2002 11:22:37 PM EDT
as much as I do? Check this guys knives out! Here is another expensive little hobby for ya......[:D][URL]http://www.burnknives1.com/page7damascus.html[/URL]

[RED]Edit to make the link "hot."  --thebeekeeper1[/red]  
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
oooohhh look at me every body!! I'm the prince of darkness!  Sorry but those knives are kinda lame.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a big fan of that style knife but the filework is pretty cool.

The wording may have come out wrong.

I DO like auto's but not that stiletto/skull style is what I meant.

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not really talking about the skull knife...maybe I just should have listed the site rather than a page. This guys work is beautiful! I've never seen such quality in handmade knives made by anybody else. If ya paruse thru the whole site you'll see what I mean or maybe you just may not appreciate it like I do.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Cold Steel makes a nice auto but the gun shop won't sell it to me. I always thought a "knife collector" could own an auto? WTF?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I love autos. I carry an Al Mar custom Auto-SEAR.
There are some on-line sites that let you order what you want. EBay has a lot of autos as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
This is just an honest question, so please don't flame but, I thought auto knives were restricted to leo's?

What's the scoop?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is just an honest question, so please don't flame but, I thought auto knives were restricted to leo's?

What's the scoop?
View Quote

It's perfectly legal for residents of certain states to possess and carry auto's.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#10]
 Legitimate question,legrue. Lots of folks don't know citizens can own suppressors or real AR's either.
 Bottom line is, of course, you can own anything you can afford or acquire.Bogus 'laws' only work on those who 'allow' them to.
 From one of the sites I order from that has the US Code, 'authorized purchasers' include the militia-so where's the problem!  A good 'auto' in any envelope is a lovely thing-certainly a perogative of any freeman. The state has no authority to restrict inanimate objects as possessions despite bureaucratic fascists. Ghost
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]
From what I understand, they're illegal in all states but Arizona, Florida, and Oregon.  Other federal restrictions apply.

Oh, and DON'T mail them through the USPS.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Where can I get one and how much are they? Do they have them with a more hunting type blade?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I keep a Benchmade auto clipped to my pocket. My wife, whom I love dearly, bought it for me a few years ago. They are sold lots of places around here and she didn't have to show any ID or anything to buy it. There are two places across the line in Clarksville, TN, Ace Hardware and Eagles of War that carry them plus there are tons of them at the Nashville gunshows. Mine came from our local gunshop here in KY.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Autos are legal to carry in Oregon as long as it's not concealed, ie belt or pocket clip, belt pouch. Carry a Benchmade AFO all the time and use it alot. Someday I may get around to having the blade refinished, it's starting to look a little "used". ;)
At least we still have a few freedoms left here in the Peoples Republic of Oregon.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... The state has no authority to restrict inanimate objects as possessions despite bureaucratic fascists. Ghost
View Quote

Is a hydrogen bomb an inanimate object?  Is anthrax an inanimate object?  Is an Abrams tank an inanimate object?

If you [b]really[/b] believe that, then you should walk the walk instead of just talking. I think you should convert your AK or AR to full auto, and celebrate your right to do so on the front steps of the Capitol in D.C.  

Let us know ahead of time when you'll do it so I can make some popcorn and watch it on CNN.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#17]
are they legal in WA? can anybody name a site where they sell them, im looking for a OTF Nato one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
 Legitimate question,legrue. Lots of folks don't know citizens can own suppressors or real AR's either.
 Bottom line is, of course, you can own anything you can afford or acquire.Bogus 'laws' only work on those who 'allow' them to.
 From one of the sites I order from that has the US Code, 'authorized purchasers' include the militia-so where's the problem!  A good 'auto' in any envelope is a lovely thing-certainly a perogative of any freeman. The state has no authority to restrict inanimate objects as possessions despite bureaucratic fascists. Ghost
View Quote

I am not a lawyer
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#19]
while we're on the subject, would i be in legal trouble if found by the authoritai carrying a regular old buck lockback (4" blade) in my front pants pocket?

Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Those are some fine looking autos. Wouldn't mind having one of those damascus blades at all. I notice he doesn't get into pricing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Those are some fine looking autos. Wouldn't mind having one of those damascus blades at all. I notice he doesn't get into pricing.
View Quote

he does, go to his main page and look on the lower right

looks like $800 and up
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#22]
This is a helpful site for knife laws http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/links.htm#knife%20laws
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From what I understand, they're illegal in all states but Arizona, Florida, and Oregon.  Other federal restrictions apply.

Oh, and DON'T mail them through the USPS.
View Quote

we can have them in Montana.  you just can't carry it without a CW.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#25]
[url]http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/links.htm#knife%20laws[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
How about this one.

[IMG]http://www.bladeauction.com/os/item_images/114791_GodfatherMOP1.jpg[/IMG]

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#29]
What ever you do don't mess with those auto imports.  Those are a bit risky and even dealers can get busted for selling them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Here are a few of my ProTech's under 2 inches.
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~nokarma/ProTech1.jpg[/img]
The owner of ProTech is a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#31]
i love my sever tech [url]www.severtech.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Im big into practical knives and not decorative ones, but those are neat.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey,'DK-Prof', I've GOT the toys/tools I need. Ain't no 'want' to it.
 Fortunately, I have no need nor desire for your hot items-since they're probably very pricey and cumbersome. Those with the jack and inclination may well have them-why's that bother your authoritarian funny bone? As little your business as the states.
 A little 'free' anthrax by some benefactor could well deplete some of the busybodies in this infantile country -perhaps? Such philanthropy would undoubtedly be unappreciated by the statist tit suckers- mores the pity.
 Loosen-up! your wussya leader commands 'buy'-good for the economy [and his portfolio] don'cha know. Least you can do since you love fascist 'authority'.
 Read a little Abbey:'resist much, obey little'-there, now you can pretend it's 'authorized' and still feel good about yourself. Self-esteem is SOOOO important to weak psyches. Better than industrial strength knee pads! Ghost
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#34]
In Texas, Automatic knives are legal, but not legal to carry.

Just get "Spring assist" or get a good knife with an axis lock or something, so you can whip it out fast. No need for an automatic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#35]
My Emerson Commander with the Wave feature is pretty fast to open...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess we are lucky in Kentucky. Heh, that rhymes. Our CCDW License is a "deadly weapon" license. So it is not limited to guns only. I carry an automatic about 1/2 the time.

I have a real fancy Benchmade in a spear point with no serration for special occasions, but mostly carry a chi-com copy of a thumb assisted blade. You pick it up and do not know if it is automatic, it works just like a lock blade with the thumb knob. But if you know where to press in the grip, it swings out on its own in a most authoritative manner. [:)]

If I know I have a bunch of box cutting grunt work ahead of me I carry my Gerber "Gator" EZ-Out. It is fast enough and cheap enough for most tasks at hand.

Don't even get me started on what I carry when I am hunting...

Bob

Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]
AR15forfun, In AZ we don’t need a permit to carry any knife. Aside from my CCW pistol I carry a partially serrated Microtech Ultratech.

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What's the scoop?
View Quote

Legrue, in Colorado, the law classifies automatic knives as a dangerous weapon.  You therefore cannot carry one.  There are a few exemptions to this, LEO, skydivers, persons with certain disabilities, rescue personnel, mountain climbers, etc.  Collectors may possess them but not carry them.  This includes switchblades, stiletto's, butterfly knives, gravity knives, and knives using centrifigal force to open, etc.  You can find them usually at the Denver gun shows like Tanner and Crossroads.  Prices are usually a bit high though.  On-line is usually cheaper.

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~karlpmann/_uimages/Knives.JPG[/img]

I'm not all that serious of a knife collector, but here are a few of my "automatics" scattered in amongst a few other knives.  Karl.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I nominate Californistan for the most bizarre laws concerning automatic knives:

- You can own one and keep it in your home.

- You can carry it around - in the trunk of your car.  Carrying one on your body, concealed, is a potential felony.

- You can't buy one here.

- You CAN buy one in another state, e.g. Oregon, and bring it into CA (in the trunk of your car).

- You can't manufacture or sell them.

The laws against buying and carrying them have exceptions for LEOs (naturally) and people who have lost (or lost the use of) one or more hands.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#40]
[url]www.pvknife.com[/url]

Located in New Hampshire, I believe, and will ship wherever you so desire.  Nice utilitarian models as well as the fancy crap.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I have always called automatic knives sharpened YOYO's.
A lot of fun to play with but not very useful.

Ca. law say's if you have one arm you can have one that is under 4 inches.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#42]
AFAIK, Auto-knives are legal in VT as long as the blade is 3" or less.

Personally, I like the Kershaw torsion bar knives. Mine pops open as quickly and effortlessly as the benchmade autos that we sell in the shop.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#43]
NoKarma, I use may carry knife almost every day.

There are cheap auto knives and there are high quality auto knives that are lightweight, sturdy, and reliable and maintain a sharp edge. And some are even works of art.

If you can’t ever see yourself spending $ 200.00 or more for a knife you will never own a quality auto knife.

My carry knife retails for $ 399.00 and I have never owned a better knife.

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Ummm look up on the page and take a look at the 4 small Protech autos.  See the one in the upper left hand corner with the Warren Thomas Damascus blade.  Do you really think someone that would buy a knife like that doesn't have any nice knives?[8D]
I said I think of them as sharpened YOYO's. They are no faster then a good one handed opener.  Most of them are much weaker then a good liner lock.  [Ever stab anything with a Microtech HALO? I have.]
My statement stands "They are a lot of fun to play with but not all that useful."

Just my $.02

Ps: My box cutter is a Chris Reeve's large decorated Sabenza.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Here in Cali the only knife we have to play with is the Kershaw Ken Onion "speed assist" We'll see how long these last-
Fun , Fun  !

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In Texas, Automatic knives are legal, but not legal to carry.

Just get "Spring assist" or get a good knife with an axis lock or something, so you can whip it out fast. No need for an automatic.
View Quote

You sure about that??  I've always wanted to buy a nice automatic Benchmade(I see these at gunshows all the time) but the section below gives me concern enough no to....

Sec.46.05. Prohibited weapons.

[b](a)A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:[/b]
(1)an explosive weapon;
(2)a machine gun;
(3)a short-barrel firearm;
(4)a firearm silencer;
[b](5)a switchblade knife;[/b]
(6)knuckles;
(7)armor-piercing ammunition;
(8)a chemical dispensing device; or
(9)a zip gun.
(b)It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor's conduct was incidental to the performance of official duty by the armed forces or national guard, a governmental law enforcement agency, or a correctional facility.
(c)It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor's possession was pursuant to registration pursuant to the National Firearms Act, as amended.
[b](d)It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor's conduct:
(1)was incidental to dealing with a switchblade knife, spring blade knife or short-barrel firearm solely as an antique or curio;[/b] or
(2)was incidental to dealing with armor-piercing ammunition solely for the purpose of making the ammunition available to an organization, agency, or institution listed in Subsec.(b).
[b](e)An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree unless it is committed under Subsec.(a)(5)or (a)(6), in which event, it is a Class A misdemeanor.[/b]

CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS
§ 46.01. Definitions

In this chapter:
(1) "Club" means an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument, and includes but is not limited to the following:(A) blackjack;(B) nightstick;(C) mace;
(D) tomahawk.
(2) "Explosive weapon" means any explosive or incendiary bomb, grenade, rocket, or mine, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury, death, or substantial property damage, or for the principal purpose of causing such a loud report as to cause undue public alarm or terror, and includes a device designed, made, or adapted for delivery or shooting an explosive weapon.
(3) "Firearm" means any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile through a barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance or any device readily convertible to that use. Firearm does not include a firearm that may have, as an integral part, a folding knife blade or other characteristics of weapons made illegal by this chapter and that is:
(A) an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899; or
(B) a replica of an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899, but only if the replica does not use rim fire or center fire ammunition.
(4) "Firearm silencer" means any device designed, made, or adapted to muffle the report of a firearm.
(5) "Handgun" means any firearm that is designed, made, or adapted to be fired with one hand.[b]
(6) "Illegal knife" means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stilletto, and poniard;
(D) bowie knife;
(E) sword; or
(F) spear.
(7) "Knife" means any bladed hand instrument that is capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or stabbing a person with the instrument.[/b]
(8) "Knuckles" means any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles.
(9) "Machine gun" means any firearm that is capable of shooting more than two shots automatically, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
(10) "Short-barrel firearm" means a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or a shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18 inches, or any weapon made from a shotgun or rifle if, as altered, it has an overall length of less than 26 inches.
[b](11) "Switchblade knife" means any knife that has a blade that folds, closes, or retracts into the handle or sheath, and that:
(A) opens automatically by pressure applied to a button or other device located on the handle; or
(B) opens or releases a blade from the handle or sheath by the force of gravity or by the application of centrifugal force.[/b]
(12) "Armor-piercing ammunition" means handgun ammunition that is designed primarily for the purpose of penetrating metal or body armor and to be used principally in pistols and revolvers.
(13) "Hoax bomb" means a device that:
(A) reasonably appears to be an explosive or incendiary device; or
(B) by its design causes alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or a volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.
(14) "Chemical dispensing device" means a device, other than a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of dispensing a substance capable of causing an adverse psychological or physiological effect on a human being.
(15) "Racetrack" has the meaning assigned that term by the Texas Racing Act (Article 179e, Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes).
(16) "Zip gun" means a device or combination of devices that was not originally a firearm and is adapted to expel a projectile through a smooth-bore or rifled-bore barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]
A friend of mine has a Kershaw that he payed about $65 for. It works nice, the blade pops open slick as snot................So I won one on E-Bay, Not a Kershaw but it looks like a nice knife.Payed $31 with shipping, has not arrived yet but should this week.When I get it I will try to dive a review.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I usally carry a Protech, but I also have a mel pardue custom, and a few microtechs.

Ropes
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#49]
[img]http://128.242.218.34/pvk/b-bmafosbt.jpg[/img]

I have handled one of these. It was a nice tool good heft and soild .

For all you DOD guy the stock # is one the picture and it is in the system
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#50]
kinda looks like a ox forge auto kinfe ive used one for years there dam tuff i open sheet metal with it regularly
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top