Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2002 9:54:15 PM EDT
A guy I know bought this truck & while we found the latch to let the backrest cushion down, we can;t find how to release the cushion you sit on, though it obviously has some pivots near the front of the cushion ends.

It there a latch somewhere, or do you just shove your hand down the crack and give it a jerk?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC there should be a hoop between the cushions.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Like a piece of upholstery trim?

And what about the bent metal rod dealies at the end of the seat? "Holy Shit" handles?
For clamp-on arm rests?

.     .
.      .
.       .
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
on my 88 f250 heavy duty there is a curved bar on the passenger side between the seat and the side of the truck. Just pull that bar forward toward the front seats and the whole seat rotes forward. Let me know if I need to take a digital pic for you.

Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll call him about this tomorrow.  There are two flattened loops of metal rod at each end of the seat cushion.  

We couldn't figure those out, but now I think that's what rests on the floor once the cushion folds over.  

Not sure how to explain the lever on the passenger's side, other than generally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top