Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2002 1:49:08 PM EDT
I have a couple of baseball caps that I really like but they are getting a little(a lot) funky.. they are both white with some color in the front.

I usually use the dishwasher, but I'm wondering if there is a better way. (What if I put laundry soap in the dishwasher...? Would it be too soapy?

Or perhaps some bleach..? or would that toast the colors? Hmm, guess I should stayed awake in Home-ec those years ago in HS  [:D]

edit: And no, I don't want to use the washing machine because it severly f0cks up the bill...
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I soak mine in the sink for an hour, then scrub them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I wash mine by hand using a scrub brush and laundry soap.Hold it under warm running water then hang it on the showerhead to dry.Works great and retains shape.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I throw mine in with the laundry. I've had my main Boston hat since 1984, washed it that way about a six thousand times and to date it's still perfect with no frays or fuzz.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of people washing then in dishwasher, and I've even seen a device that's shaped like a hat and it holds the damn hats so you can wash them in the dishwasher.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]

I send mine to the dry cleaners. Couple of bucks each.... fullclip

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I send mine to the dry cleaners. Couple of bucks each.... fullclip

View Quote

Damn, never thought of that... I'll keep that in mind.

As for the dishwasher, it works great normally (but these are REALLY dirty). after the cycle, I toss 'em in the oven @150 degrees for an hour, no shit[:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the cap holder things mentioned by Slidestop and the diswasher with dish soap. Caps come out looking like new and the bill isn't messed up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Oxyclean.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I soak 'em incider. [:D]
AB
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Shampoo it in the shower. Hang it on a curtain hook til dry.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[blue][b] Head down to the local dollar store and look for "ball cap holders" ( for lack of the proper term for them) What they are is 2 plastic grids shaped like the hat, you place the hat between them .( add some twisty ties around the sides) The things that are supposed to hold the pieces together dont do such a good job. (i've found that out after using them a few times) These holders only cost a buc . They keep the hat in shape and shape is important when it comes to hats.  You don't wanna look like a gobber with a messed up hat now do ya !  

I just used regular laundry soap , if there's a heavy sweat stain on your white hats .Scrub it with a old tooth brush dipped in soap . Your hats will come out looking new .It always worked for me . Good luck

Use the WASHER not the dishwasher

SaFe ShOoTi
Jerry [/blue][/b][sniper]
View Quote

Hey that's the device I was talkin about!
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]
1.hand hat to wife
2. say "wash this"
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1.hand hat to wife
2. say "wash this"
View Quote

Now, THAT - is funny   lmfao

I need to get one of those....[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top