Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2013 12:27:45 PM EDT
After the discussion about Schindler's List I went back and looked into the man Fiennes played......The SS officers really were a special kind of monster. Also apparently the Russians had two botched attempts trying to hang him.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The SS were pretty good at recognizing the biggest shitheads among them, they sent "those guys" to work in places like that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The SS were pretty good at recognizing the biggest shitheads among them, they sent "those guys" to work in places like that.
View Quote
There was another CAMP that had a infamous history from pilots that were shot down that were sent there....I can't remember the name.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The second video dealing with his daughter is unbelievable....It's a tear jerker at moments.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also apparently the Russians had two botched attempts trying to hang him.

View Quote

I don't think they were botched.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point....Very good point.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have Netflix, check out Inheritance.  It's a documentary in which Goethe's daughter tries to come to terms with who she is and decides to meet one Goethe's Jewish slaves.  They decide to meet at the camp.  It's really heartbreaking because Goethe's daughter knows that her father is a monster, but she really has a very hard time coming to grips with the magnitude of the evil that was her father.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you have Netflix, check out Inheritance.  It's a documentary in which Goethe's daughter tries to come to terms with who she is and decides to meet one Goethe's Jewish slaves.  They decide to meet at the camp.  It's really heartbreaking because Goethe's daughter knows that her father is a monster, but she really has a very hard time coming to grips with the magnitude of the evil that was her father.

View Quote
I think that is the second video I posted.......I will admit it had me crying at moments.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After the discussion about Schindler's List I went back and looked into the man Fiennes played......The SS officers really were a special kind of monster. Also apparently the Russians had two botched attempts trying to hang him.

http://youtu.be/aroAPNeTyJY http://youtu.be/A9h6_gHqv1U

View Quote

Tablets
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Once they got it together, the eight-inch drop was a nice touch.  
Should have been about an inch slack in that rope.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Once they got it together, the eight-inch drop was a nice touch.  
Should have been about an inch slack in that rope.

View Quote

"I pardon you."

Not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think that is the second video I posted.......I will admit it had me crying at moments.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did she say her grandson will never hold a rifle in his hands?

Her idea of how to raise him empowers men like her father.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

gotta be. My 13 year old can design and make a better scaffold and hanging system. that looked like something put together by a car load of old women at the First Baptist Quilt Club.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Buchenwald might be the one with the pilots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top