Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2013 8:24:00 AM EDT
I'm thinking room temp since we always put live lobster in the pot when cooking a whole lobster.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
What is this "lobster" you speak of?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Room temp for 24 hours them grill.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn it!  :/. Just unwrapped them and they are blocks of ice.  Apparently they were sold to us frozen.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is this "lobster" you speak of?
View Quote

"It's got fangs"

"It'll bite your head off"

"Oh it's just a little rabbit"
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Y'all Somalis like spoiled lobster?

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Damn it!  :/. Just unwrapped them and they are blocks of ice.  Apparently they were sold to us frozen.

Thanks for the info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

Wrap them back up in something watertight, put them in a deep bowl (or a pot).  Weight them down so they don't float, if you have to, and fill with room temp/cool water.  Put them under the faucet, and open it up to a steady trickle - just enough to keep the water moving for convection.  Do not use hot water, you're not trying to boil them, and you definitely don't want the outside to start to cook while the inside is still a solid block.

They'll be thawed in ~2 hours.  Maybe less, if they're all IQF and not in a solid block or something.

ETA: Room temp shellfish that's been kept out for 24 hours?  Are you trying to kill someone?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't even do that with beef!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info.
Put them in a ziplock and thaw in room temp water.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Good way to get food poisoning! OP put them in a zip lock bag, fill sink with cool water and soak them in the bag. They will be thawed in no time. Do NOT use hot water!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Leave in laundry room until room temp all the way through (about 48 hours). Cook rare on grill about threve minutes per side. Call amberlamps. Get Obamacare. profit?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good way to get food poisoning! OP put them in a zip lock bag, fill sink with cool water and soak them in the bag. They will be thawed in no time. Do NOT use hot water!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I was thinking.   If they are frozen, I usually throw them in the refrig for a day or so and let them thaw out.  If its spur of the moment, sink full of cold water until they thaw.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I always let them reach room temp before grilling as makes for easier timing, IMHO.
View Quote

YMMV but ill pass on letting my seafood sit above 50 degrees on purpose for any longer than is required. beef? that's a different conversation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#14]
We did some awhile back, just pulled them out of the fridge, split them down the middle of the shell, put on a little  olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and threw them on the grill.

BEST lobster I've ever had in my life. The charred shell seems to add to the flavor.     (didn't even need butter)
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

We did some awhile back, just pulled them out of the fridge, split them down the middle of the shell, put on a little  olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and threw them on the grill.

BEST lobster I've ever had in my life. The charred shell seems to add to the flavor.     (didn't even need butter)
View Quote
Try drizzling a bit of Grand Marnier on the split while they are cooking.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, NO!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top