Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:03:19 AM EDT
"A 70-year sentence will knock the air out of your stomach,” said her attorney Raul Navarez. "She kept asking me, ’70 years? Are you serious? 70 years?’ Because 70 years is a pretty harsh sentence for this kind of a deal. And quite frankly, that’s what I argued to the jury. But the jury decided and we have to respect that.”

Very serious.....

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe she'll be reformed when she gets out...oh wait...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I fucking hate thieves.  But that's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not ridiculous.  If you read her history, there's no reason whatsoever to leave her in society.  If we could execute for stealing she'd be a good candidate.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Guilty!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Moral of the story:  Don't be a career criminal.

Fucks given:  0
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I read the article about her past criminal history, so I'm sorry if the intent of this thread was to solicit sympathy for her, because I have none.

It was the past charges of "solicitation to commit murder" and "injury to a child" that pegged my give a fuck meter for her at exactly zero.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
It would seem that the jury took a good opportunity to rid themselves of a career criminal once and for all
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Its not ridiculous when you consider her unrepentant criminal history.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

what if she stole your power tools?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

x2

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I read the article about her past criminal history, so I'm sorry if the intent of this thread was to solicit sympathy for her, because I have none.

It was the past charges of "solicitation to commit murder" and "injury to a child" that pegged my give a fuck meter for her at exactly zero.

View Quote

It wasn't my intent.  I was simply amazed by it (in a good way) being a life long NY'er, where murders may get 20 years, it blew my mind.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd settle for getting to use my weed eater and power washer on her for a couple of hours.  I seriously doubt if she would repeat that mistake after I got through with her.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#14]
One other thing to think about.  Those are the crimes she was caught in, she was likely involved in two to three other crimes for every crime she was caught on. I don't know that 70 years is appropriate given  we as a nation can't  seem to give 70 years to some who are involved in murder, but I have no sympathy for her. I bet she appeals and gets far less of a sentence in the end.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm just curious:  Considering her past criminal history and what appears to be a "three strikes" law in the state she was convicted in, what do you think should have been a fair penalty in this case?

If what is reported in the article is accurate, she appears to be one of these kinds of people that "just can't be fixed".  With all the sentencing loopholes knocking time off her sentence, she'll be out in a lot sooner than 70.  Maybe the Jury and the Judge in this case just wanted to see her finally do some actual time, rather than yet another "slap on the wrist' and then back out on the street.

-Gator
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's not ridiculous.  If you read her history, there's no reason whatsoever to leave her in society.  If we could execute for stealing she'd be a good candidate.
View Quote
You ain't kidding!  That lady is a freaking menace!!!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This

She had multiple chances in the past, she didn't care.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

x2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

x2

X3
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd settle for getting to use my weed eater and power washer on her for a couple of hours.  I seriously doubt if she would repeat that mistake after I got through with her.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last winter, when I was down in Miami, a weed whacker theft made the local news. It did so only because the owner of the lawn implement charged out of his house and shot the thief to death in his driveway, when he noticed him absconding with it. No charges were filed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Moral of the story do not steal in Parker county.  We had a guy steal a $100 tv from our lot, he got 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Good.  Bet she won't fucking steal again.  Enjoy waiting on your death you thieving cunt
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#24]
If it was her first offense it wouldn't have been that bad, probably not even jail time.

But apparently she was a life-long criminal who was never going to be reformed.  Good sentence, she was never going to contribute anything to society and was going to remain a detriment to it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Now she can steal cookies from the dining room in prison.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Boy, she had a shitty lawyer.

The jury was allowed to see footage of an unrelated crime of her stealing Christmas lights.

She was a habitual thief with zero regard for others. I'm having a hard time dredging up any sympathy for her. She had plenty of times to learn her lesson.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#27]

As far as her other misdeeds, Brock got started down a bad path at the age of 17 when she was convicted in Arizona of solicitation to commit murder, KXAS reported. Later she was convicted of credit card abuse, injury to a child, theft, assault, and drug possession.
View Quote

What ever happened to the "three strikes you're out law"?  This would seem to apply.  While I understand not using prior convictions during a trial, it should be allowed for sentencing as in this case.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Boy, she had a shitty lawyer.

The jury was allowed to see footage of an unrelated crime of her stealing Christmas lights.

She was a habitual thief with zero regard for others. I'm having a hard time dredging up any sympathy for her. She had plenty of times to learn her lesson.
View Quote

Should be fine during the sentencing phase.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#29]
A career criminal who has been in and out of prison since she was 17 and is now 44. That sentence sounds about right to me, but I think VA-gunnut is right. The sentence will be reduced on appeal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#30]
If every sentance for similar offenses was as punitive, perhaps burglars and thieves might be dissuaded from their chosen craft.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
If it was her first offense it wouldn't have been that bad, probably not even jail time.

But apparently she was a life-long criminal who was never going to be reformed.  Good sentence, she was never going to contribute anything to society and was going to remain a detriment to it.

Yea I agree with the others saying 0 fucks given. Sounds like it is better for society to have her out of the general population.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Apparently her daddy doesn't own a judge.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if she stole every tool I have, threw them in a river, and stole my christmas tree, lights and presents for the kids - 70 years is STILL too harsh.  20 years or death.......you can survive 20 and still be old and free, but more than 20 might as well send them to the chair.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

and your power washer?

MAYBE if she had been given serious time previously rather than a continous stream of wrist slaps it might have made a difference. Now its too late --lock her up and throw away the key.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

In contrast, you can drive drunk at three times the legal limit, kill four, put a fifth in a vegitative state and get nothing but probation!
View Quote
IF you're rich!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

if she stole every tool I have, threw them in a river, and stole my christmas tree, lights and presents for the kids - 70 years is STILL too harsh.  20 years or death.......you can survive 20 and still be old and free, but more than 20 might as well send them to the chair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if she solicited someone to kill you and abused your child?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Welp, she won't be a problem anymore!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Barry will probably pardon her and  make her an advisor on his cabinet. They are running out of clever ways to steal from us.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In contrast, you can drive drunk at three times the legal limit, kill four, put a fifth in a vegitative state and get nothing but probation!
View Quote

Only if your more equal
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#40]
She's a dumb shit druggie.
It would be cheaper for us (taxpayers) to legalize drugs and use the savings on court & prison time for rehabilitation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Amendment 8 ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#42]
She failed to learn her lesson, read her rap sheet. The charge against little kids and so forth. She's 44 and still pulling crap. Tough lessons.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#43]
enough is enough.

bye bye.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a lesson here, She has been a criminal for 25 years of her 44 year life . This should have happened 23 years ago
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Come on...she'll be out in 35 years with good behavior.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck her, she had a chance or two to straighten herself out but kept fucking up.  Enjoy prison bitch!

ETA: Good sentence
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I presume most of you support three strikes laws? What's the big deal? She's in incorrigible  criminal, well past the prime years of criminality, and will never change. Ever.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top