Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/14/2013 7:47:13 PM EDT
I am supposed to be getting child support from my 2 step daughters father. I get an email from some woman at child support enforcement asking me if I just want to close my case because I will never see any money. Why the hell would I do that?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like sexism
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Did he give up all claims and visitation rights? If so, and it's court approved, you'll be better off. You can be all the Dad the kid needs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't do it!  Keep their fucking licenses suspended. Keep that monkey on their back forever!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Make a copy and forward it to your representative in the State legislature attached to a letter asking him why your State needs a child support bureau.

That might sound a little bridge-burny... but hey, they've basically just said they're not going to bust ass to enforce the order.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell her to go fuck herself, and that her boyfriend has to pay no matter what.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics of step daughters mother?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a guy who worked for me sign his off because he knew he'd never get it.

It costed him his second marriage and now she went back and got visitation rights again.

Never, ever do it.  He's out 20+ grand, still has to give her visitation rights even though she's a druggie stripper.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Many possibilities , Don't drop it and document everything . from politically well connected to the state does not think they can collect . Remember the state has a financial interest in many of these cases.  Also in some states employees are "graded" based one success of cases. They may be trying to look good for the end of the year . My experiences with my ex wife and the state are they represent pure incompetence.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Do not close the case. Hound the deadbeat piece of shit to his grave. If he gets a paycheck, you want your share. If he gets an inheritance, you want your share. If he wins a law suit, you want your share. If he wins the lottery, you want your share.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#10]
For once, the government is working on your side.  Don't give them the sign off.  You'll regret it later.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt think they ever gave up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am supposed to be getting child support from my 2 step daughters father. I get an email from some woman at child support enforcement asking me if I just want to close my case because I will never see any money. Why the hell would I do that?
View Quote

Really? Why the fuck can't that happen to me? I'm tired of their bullshit. I don't know how many times I've been screwed by them. When I was still new to the game I payed double, thinking I could get ahead, I was away on my first deployment to Iraq. Did it for damn near 15 months. When I got back I was informed that I hadn't paid for over a year, even though my LES showed I did. They didn't give a shit. I had to pay a one year lump sum or go to jail. Fuck child support. Now my kid doesn't even live with his FSA mother and I'm still paying and he lived with me and I still payed then too. WTF
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really? Why the fuck can't that happen to me? I'm tired of their bullshit. I don't know how many times I've been screwed by them. When I was still new to the game I payed double, thinking I could get ahead, I was away on my first deployment to Iraq. Did it for damn near 15 months. When I got back I was informed that I hadn't paid for over a year, even though my LES showed I did. They didn't give a shit. I had to pay a one year lump sum or go to jail. Fuck child support. Now my kid doesn't even live with his FSA mother and I'm still paying and he lived with me and I still payed then too. WTF
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

fuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck

I'd go to jail for fucking homicide.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck

Then you need to learn how to not get caught.
SSS
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy has paid child support for his daughter that lives with him for the past two and a half years!  Those mother fuckers at child support have made it near impossible for him to make a living.  If he didn't have a good friend renting a room in his house he'd be homeless.  They rake that much money out of his checks!  For a child that lives with him!!!!  

If you have a dick CS will fuck you one way or the other.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Drop nothing.  Fuck that.  Bet they aren't encouraging any women to drop any cases.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck child support and everyone who demands it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Drop nothing.  Fuck that.  Bet they aren't encouraging any women to drop any cases.
View Quote

Fuck no they aint!  Child support and Social Services is run by feminazi cunts.  Sprinkled with a few man hating dykes tossed in for good measure.  

Sparky don't drop shit.  Keep their feet to the fire.  

Some cunt at SS found out they are helping a man and decided that its like dividing by zero.  So they are hoping to get you to drop your case so they can say they are still fucking a man. One way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My buddy has paid child support for his daughter that lives with him for the past two and a half years!  Those mother fuckers at child support have made it near impossible for him to make a living.  If he didn't have a good friend renting a room in his house he'd be homeless.  They rake that much money out of his checks!  For a child that lives with him!!!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he may be paying "back child support"........
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm no.  He isn't.

I have been helping him financially on and off for a while being he is a good friend.  He has had to get a lawyer who knows the ropes to work on fixing the bs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not necessarily. You can be charged even if you have primary custody, if you make whatever the court deems is "sufficiently more than" the other parent to "warrant it".

Ask me how I fucking know.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#23]
You need to drop the case so the state can pay for more needy people.  You need to quit being so damn selfish.  There are democratic single mothers out there with five handicapped children who don't want to work and you are hogging up the resources they need.  

How is society supposed to progress when people like you are clogging up the system that is supposed to benefit people who have no intentions of ever being productive?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do not close the case. Hound the deadbeat piece of shit to his grave. If he gets a paycheck, you want your share. If he gets an inheritance, you want your share. If he wins a law suit, you want your share. If he wins the lottery, you want your share.
View Quote

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me."
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not necessarily. You can be charged even if you have primary custody, if you make whatever the court deems is "sufficiently more than" the other parent to "warrant it".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had the opportunity to read some of his correspondence with the feminazi case worker of his.  She basically says they are going to milk him until he either gets sole custody of her. Or gets a lawyer.

Which I don't understand as his ex has lost custody of all three of her boys (not his) to the state for being a piss poor mother,  and his daughter almost got put in state custody but was released to him instead.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the hell would you?

"some woman at child support enforcement"  - close your case because you "will never see any money"…

WTF is that? Her opinion?!? Sorry, but your attorney's opinion matters more.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Unless you need the money drop it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't drop it. The hell with this deadbeat dad.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you and a few others in here have this guy all figured out, huh? You know the situation and can safely conclude he's a "deadbeat dad"? It's a fun phrase to parrot, isn't it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#30]
You do not drop that shit...NOW OR EVER.  They'd lock you up if you didn't pay---his ass needs to pay.  Period.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So you and a few others in here have this guy all figured out, huh? You know the situation and can safely conclude he's a "deadbeat dad"? It's a fun phrase to parrot, isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he is such a great father, then where is he?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zing!  

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have had the opportunity to read some of his correspondence with the feminazi case worker of his.  She basically says they are going to milk him until he either gets sole custody of her. Or gets a lawyer.

Which I don't understand as his ex has lost custody of all three of her boys (not his) to the state for being a piss poor mother,  and his daughter almost got put in state custody but was released to him instead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who is getting the money that he is being forced to pay? The worthless mother or does the state get it? What happens when he gets sole custody or a lawyer? Does he get his money back? Ok, this last question I know the answer is "no". What about the rest?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not knowing what the situation is I will refrain from judging him.

There are three sides to ever story.

Yours, mine, and the truth.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Make a copy and forward it to your representative in the State legislature attached to a letter asking him why your State needs a child support bureau.

That might sound a little bridge-burny... but hey, they've basically just said they're not going to bust ass to enforce the order.
View Quote

lol

I see someone has never tried collecting money from a deadbeat. Blood from a stone, bro.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Every state I have had the pleasure of dealing with Child Support Enforcement has threatened to go out of their way to destroy the lives of any father who would not pay child support. Those state divisions makes the IRS look like a bunch of pussies.

So I am having  a hard time believing any support agency would ever ask somebody to drop the case. Honestly, that blows my fucking mind.  Once a court order is in place, the only way to get out of it is pretty much death.
I understand there are multiple sides to every story, but, holy shit things have to be bad to not go after somebody.  I know guys making below poverty level incomes and are also on food stamps who still have to pay support. Damn.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely right.  But actions speak louder than words.

There are people who manage to be a father somehow from across the world, from a hospital bed or even from a war zone- in every condition in every hardship.

So I guess he must have one hell of a story eh?

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#38]
This whole thread reminds me why we are doomed.

Edit:
"For the children, for the children... the state will help you."

Edit 2:
I have no opinion regarding OP's initial question.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Are you certain this email is actually from who it says it's from? From what I understand it's not THAT hard to spoof an email's "from" field. What's the chance this is actually the father trying to get you to drop the case?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This whole thread reminds me why we are doomed.

Edit:
"For the children, for the children... the state will help you."
View Quote

It sure as fuck does.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine, he paid his child support and the state said there was no record of it.  His ex came to court with him and testified that she'd been paid.  He still almost went to jail.  The judge flat out told him it didn't matter if he paid it or not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#42]
I have no confidence in the child support agency, when I was paying it for my daughter they were the most lazy, unorganized, didn't have a clue people I have ever talked to, fine examples of public employees.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#43]
The child support agency does not work for you. They work for themselves and their main goal is the expansion of the agency's power and authority. If you can help them do that, you are their friend, if not, you're their enemy. Find a good lawyer who does child custody and support work, offer to pay their hourly rate for an hour and ask questions for an hour. Some of the horror stories in this thread are the result of people not seeking legal advice when they were setting their child support or making payment arrangements for it.

Child Support is not like a car payment or any other debtor-creditor system. There are many pitfalls and traps for people who aren't knowledgeable about the system. There are many things about it that are counter-intuitive and seemingly "too unfair" to exist in any legal system based on principles of justice and fairness. The child support agency does not work for you. Hire someone who does.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#44]

She sounds lazy.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Do not drop it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want us to feel outrage for this guy who screwed a whore, then got screwed by the system?
When I see situations like this, it usually points to an antagonistic ass, who has pissed off everyone around him.
I bet money there are important details you are leaving out of this little love fest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#47]
excuse me for asking but why are you getting money from your step daughters father?  are you the ex wife?  or do you mean your ex wife is getting or asking for the support?  is your income included in determining the amount? some states they don't count the new spouses income. If you are doing well and the ex isn't why are you even spending your time worrying about it. drop it and move on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Did the courts order the CS?

Either way, get a lawyer, ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the shit that gets me.  It not his share.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:55:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I've always bee amazed that CS offices don't look like a fortress under siege with all the fucked-over irate child support payers I read about here and in other threads.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top