Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 7:25:56 PM EDT
you guys are smarter... well sometimes...and more fun than the AR discussion board. developing problem here...ive noticed on my gen 3 pmags, when inserted into the magwel the follower on the mag will slide up past the bolt catch, yes the catch wobbles a bit, its normal. but its almost as if its not long enough.. which i know it IS. i do run a B.A.D lever (not pictured) but i dont think that has anything to do with it. weird thing is i dont have the problem with my gen 2 pmags. its a spikes lower and spikes LPK minus the trigger, running a geissele SDC. on top of that, if you pull the bolt back and lock it and try to release it, the bolt gets stuck on the back of the follower. also i think this is also what has been causing the bolt not to lock back on the last round. again just the gen 3's. what gives?

pics:

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Compare the length of a known, good bolt hold open lever to that one. If they're both the same then possibly an out of spec lower.

Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
How much movement front to back in the follower?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
SOME guns and SOME bolt catches have this problem with the M3s.  Magpul is aware of it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Compare the length of a known, good bolt hold open lever to that one. If they're both the same then possibly an out of spec lower.

Just my $0.02.
View Quote

compared it to my m&p15 earlier and they are the same size. i just got this lower about 3 months ago, if that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How much movement front to back in the follower?
View Quote

hardly moves at all...
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
buuuuuuump
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Day crew?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Day crew?
View Quote
Pretty sure I answered this last night.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Day crew?

More opinions are always welcomed, no need to get a tude
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Day crew?

It's not an opinion when someone tells you that M3s have been noted to have this exact problem with some bolt stops in some guns, and that Magpul is already aware of it, as are many of the manufacturers whose bolt stops are involved.  But if you want more guesswork, carry on.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not an opinion when someone tells you that M3s have been noted to have this exact problem with some bolt stops in some guns, and that Magpul is already aware of it, as are many of the manufacturers whose bolt stops are involved.  But if you want more guesswork, carry on.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Day crew?

I don't think he likes your answer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#12]
M3s have been noted to have this exact problem with some bolt stops in some guns, and that Magpul is already aware of it, as are many of the manufacturers whose bolt stops are involved.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]
wait, i dont understand... can you tell me one more time?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

wait, i dont understand... can you tell me one more time?
View Quote

Bonjour!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top