Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 7:14:10 PM EDT
I met a glock owner today.  You know the type.  Glock is the only gun in the world.  They are made better than any gun ever.   The glock steel is so hard it takes 5000 rounds just to break one in.  So how many rounds has this guy shot through his Glock.   Less than 50.  He also said no one should be able to order or purchase more than 2 boxes of ammo in a year.  After all you only need 1 bullet for a deer.  Semi auto rifles are useless no one needs one.  It was -6 degrees on opening day where he was hunting and all the semi autos would not work.  That is why only bolt actions should be owned.
I thought GD would like to benefit from this gentle mans knowledge.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I met a glock owner today.  You know the type.  Glock is the only gun in the world.  They are made better than any gun ever.   The glock steel is so hard it takes 5000 rounds just to break one in.  So how many rounds has this guy shot through his Glock.   Less than 50.  He also said no one should be able to order or purchase more than 2 boxes of ammo in a year.  After all you only need 1 bullet for a deer.  Semi auto rifles are useless no one needs one.  It was -6 degrees on opening day where he was hunting and all the semi autos would not work.  That is why only bolt actions should be owned.

View Quote
The kind missing fingers??

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Odd, I was just talking to a friend of mine who had been out Coyote hunting the other night in -15 to -20 degrees and his bolt action Savage froze up. Locking lugs, then the safety. Rem Oil, FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The question is , did you blade while he was spewin this nonsence ?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you tell him to shove his Glock up his ass and pull the trigger until it goes "click"?

Should have.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not blade, but i did duck and cover to get away.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Stay away from those gay bars, where those guys hang out.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
He needs to join this site before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone that would sit there and listen to this drivel should be banished to Kenya.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Buy both?

Also, I shot a deer this season with my AR in that same cold weather

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]
At least he was right about the Glock.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I see.

Did you show him where his baseball was?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely.
No Glock owner should ever shoot more than 100 rds/year. Ammo should be conserved exclusively for use in guns made with real triggers, grip angles and sights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I must admit that when I read the title of this thread, I hoped I wasn't that guy.

I just like guns that work, and magazine availability, and ease of use.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, we don't need anyone to tarnish our reputation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#16]
My reaction if I ever meet one of these types:

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#17]
So, you succumbed to his sexual advances?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I met this Yahoo at the Local gun shop.  When he turned to ask the counter guy a question I ducked around the empty ammo shelf.  He also thought that the only hunting round should be used was the .308 win.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#19]
As a Glock owner:

I apologize for that guy. I bought mine because I know they have a pretty good track record for working. They're a simple pistol with a simple purpose- and it irks me deeply to have people blowing Glocks to be the best of all worlds - as they simply are not. They're just good at what they do. YMMV

As a previous guy said - GET BOTH.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Huh, that's funny OP.

I met a 1911 owner today.  Oh yhea, you know the type.  Everybody who owns a certain type of gun fits a certain type of stereotype...

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
So when you say "met", were you playing with his trains in the basement?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Bonus points if it's a 40s&w.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Huh, that's funny OP.

I met a 1911 owner today.  Oh yhea, you know the type.  Everybody who owns a certain type of gun fits a certain type of stereotype...

View Quote

did the 1911 owner pull up in his silver ghost and ask if you have any grey poupon?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]
If you can't adapt to different grip angles, you're not much of a shooter...

I've never met a Glock owner like that. I have two Glocks

(but many other pistols too)
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you can't adapt to different grip angles, you're not much of a shooter...

I've never met a Glock owner like that. I have two Glocks

(but many other pistols too)
View Quote

Why adapt to a different grip angle.  Guns are expensive.  I find something that fits and is comfortable and it works for me i am going to buy it.  Why waste money or time if it does not fit and is uncomfortable to use.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#27]
try shooting IDPA in oregon, half the shooters you meet are exactly as described
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#28]
1911's belong in a trash can.

My Glock's are superior in every way.

The 1911 guys will continue to find a way to justify their $3000 Nighthawk or Wilson Combat though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DanTSX?

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Did you ask him his arfcom username?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The 1911 guys will continue to find a way to justify their $3000 Nighthawk or Wilson Combat though.
View Quote

My 350 dollar RIA Tactical says different and I'm a Glock person too

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My $500 Kimber Custom II says different too and, I'd like to be a Glock owner in the near future. Stockpiling ammo and mags before I go on anymore gun buying trips.

Just can't decide if I want a Glock 17 for versatility (plan on getting CHL when I turn 21 soon) or go with a Glock 21 because I've already got .45 ACP.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't we have enough assholes here already?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
I made a nice long reply to your misguided statement and dozed off accidentally hitting the back button and deleting it. I managed to list at least 20 ways in which the 1911 is superior to a glock

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:23:40 AM EDT
[#35]
The Walther PPQ M2 is everything a Glock will be when they get them out of prototype development... In thirty years...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I like my Glocks to(all my guns really) but I would never just sit there and beat somebody over the head about it, sort of like my stuff is great and your is junk syndrome.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Can confirm the semi auto shit show this year in the cold, at about -8, I saw several scatterguns that probably would have fired, but not cycled.  My AR was tight, but it cycled after firing my one round.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:28:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Absolutely.
No Glock owner should ever shoot more than 100 rds/year. Ammo should be conserved exclusively for use in guns made with real triggers, grip angles and sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

Nobody got time to cry over a glock.

Shhhh
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Have a g23 with 20 mags as my fl. boat gun. Really not a big deal if it gets wet, just clean it up.

Others are a Colt 70 series 38 super , Sig and s&w air weight , p38 walther and a few others...all go bang
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did you tell him to shove his Glock up his ass and pull the trigger until it goes "click"?

Should have.
View Quote

Actually the slide on a Glock locks back after the last round is fired.  You don't get a "click" after firing the final round.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#41]
That's nothing.  I just learned yesterday that a 40mm grenade from an M203 will kill everyone in an entire house.  Who knew????

The Academy Sports gun counter can be educating as well.

jd1
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Watching Glock owners get all butthurt because someone has the audacity to suggest there are other guns in the universe as good or better than a Glock is quality entertainment.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why adapt to a different grip angle.  Guns are expensive.  I find something that fits and is comfortable and it works for me i am going to buy it.  Why waste money or time if it does not fit and is uncomfortable to use.
View Quote

Because one day that might be all you have access to. I don't know about you, but I prefer to be proficient with as many guns as I can rather than stick with only what I like.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/glockkbti5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/glocknade.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/dca8hh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/glockv1911.jpg

Watching Glock owners get all butthurt because someone has the audacity to suggest there are other guns in the universe as good or better than a Glock is quality entertainment.
View Quote
Neva been said befo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top